Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2009 RL

2009 Acura RL

2009 Acura RL

5 out of 5 stars Comfort
5 out of 5 stars Value for the Money
5 out of 5 stars Reliability
5 out of 5 stars Performance

Have You Driven the 2009 Acura RL?

Uniquely Wonderful Vehicle!

by Acura Enthsiast from Ohio on Sat May 18 2013

On top of the fact that the Acura RL is an extremely reliable and durable vehicle that has luxury and performance all rapped up in one, it is relatively rare. Have you ever driven down the street and run into an exotic car like a Maserati, Lamborghini or Bentley and because you don't see them very often, your response is wow! What is that? Well, it may not be quite on the same scale, but RL's are pretty rare to find on the road. So, when you are driving one it may be a week or two or even more before you see someone else driving one. I had a 2005 that I purchased in 2009. It's 2013 and I'm just now starting to see that body style on the street more. My 2009 that I just purchased, I may see 1 a month if that many. I always want to be current when buying cars. I don't like buying the old body style when the new one has just come out. However, the rarity and uniqueness of the RL allows me to purchase the old body style and still be fresh and current. No other vehicle I know that is available for the average person accomplishes that!

Perfect car.

by 2nd RL I've owned from Fresno, Ca. on Thu Dec 30 2010

I had another RL for 10 years and loved it, so I'm presuming this one provide similar outstanding performance.

Awesome road trip vehicle

by Mid West road tripper from Kansas City, MO on Tue Jul 25 2017

It's a great vehicle - very comfortable, well made, quality amenities and gets surprisingly better fuel economy than I had anticipate for such a (relatively) heavy all wheel drive vehicle - I average 29 mpg at 65 mph, much better than it's EPA sticker of 22 highway MPG. It's really a nice car to drive and for my passengers to ride in.

Most reliable and safest car I owned also quiet

by Julibrd from Chula Vista California on Sat Aug 11 2018

This car meets all my needs. Plenty of leg room front and back as well as great pick up speed and very quiet. Can’t feel change of gears.

Our Take on the 2009 Acura RL

Generally speaking, cars fit into categories. Sure, there's some overlap, but usually a car fits into a proverbial box. Here at MotherProof.com, we like to think that a family car doesn't have to fit into any box. Acura seems to be thinking along similar lines with its RL sedan. The new RL is a car that straddles the line between performance and luxury. No boxes allowed.

The Acura RL isn't exactly all-new for 2009, but it's mostly new. Acura didn't really redesign the car. Instead, it tweaked just about everything inside and out to bring about a subtle, yet pervasive change. The engine is bigger and faster. The suspension and handling got sportier, especially with new paddle shifters on the steering wheel... Read More