2009 RL

5 out of 5 stars Comfort
5 out of 5 stars Value for the Money
5 out of 5 stars Reliability
5 out of 5 stars Performance

Have You Driven the 2009 Acura RL?

Uniquely Wonderful Vehicle!

by Acura Enthsiast from Ohio on Sat May 18 2013

On top of the fact that the Acura RL is an extremely reliable and durable vehicle that has luxury and performance all rapped up in one, it is relatively rare. Have you ever driven down the street and run into an exotic car like a Maserati, Lamborghini or Bentley and because you don't see them very often, your response is wow! What is that? Well, it may not be quite on the same scale, but RL's are pretty rare to find on the road. So, when you are driving one it may be a week or two or even more before you see someone else driving one. I had a 2005 that I purchased in 2009. It's 2013 and I'm just now starting to see that body style on the street more. My 2009 that I just purchased, I may see 1 a month if that many. I always want to be current when buying cars. I don't like buying the old body style when the new one has just come out. However, the rarity and uniqueness of the RL allows me to purchase the old body style and still be fresh and current. No other vehicle I know that is available for the average person accomplishes that!

Perfect car.

by 2nd RL I've owned from Fresno, Ca. on Thu Dec 30 2010

I had another RL for 10 years and loved it, so I'm presuming this one provide similar outstanding performance.

Awesome road trip vehicle

by Mid West road tripper from Kansas City, MO on Tue Jul 25 2017

It's a great vehicle - very comfortable, well made, quality amenities and gets surprisingly better fuel economy than I had anticipate for such a (relatively) heavy all wheel drive vehicle - I average 29 mpg at 65 mph, much better than it's EPA sticker of 22 highway MPG. It's really a nice car to drive and for my passengers to ride in.

Most reliable and safest car I owned also quiet

by Julibrd from Chula Vista California on Sat Aug 11 2018

This car meets all my needs. Plenty of leg room front and back as well as great pick up speed and very quiet. Can?t feel change of gears.

Our Take on the 2009 Acura RL

The RL is Acura's flagship sedan, but it's not as large as most flagship luxury sedans, such as the Lexus LS 430 or BMW 7 Series. In fact, it's pretty close in size to the Acura TL midsize sedan. The RL isn't priced as high as the other flagships, either, so it's not an issue of paying too much or getting too little, but if you're an Acura fan who wants to upsize from the TL, you only have so much room to grow. For 2009, the TL is equipped with all-wheel drive, which takes away another exclusive the RL had held among Acura's cars. See a side-by-side comparison of the two models.

Along with some styling changes, the RL has gotten a host of performance upgrades for 2009 that make it not just pleasant to... Read More