2016 Acura RLX consumer reviews

$50,950 starting MSRP
side view of 2016 RLX Acura
Explore the 2016 Acura RLX

Awesome car to drive!!!!!

This vehicle is loaded with features, a joy to drive, it has an awesome audio system and it is not afraid to get up and go!!

4.0

Design suggestions

Even with a 310 hp engine, this car gets an impressive 34 mpg when driving 60 to 70 mph when freeway driving . The 260 hp Maxima, we had previously, got only about 27 mpg on the same highways. However, I'd be a lot happier with a CVT transmission in this car. I can feel it shift. And the automattic following distance control activates violently when seeing a slower car ahead or ocassionly when scensing a slower car in an adjacent lane, while in cruise-countrol.

3.4

Not up to rivals' level of quality.

This is a nice car and has all of the latest safety devices. The car is much louder than expected and has transmission shift issues at 3/4 to full throttle. The only reason I purchased this car was the dealer was taking significant $$$ off. The local Acura Service Department, Hunt Valley Acura in MD, is the worst. Could not repair transmission issue, which they recreated, so just told me to bring it back when the transmission completely fails. I complained to corporate and received no response. I will never buy another Acura.

Love my new car

This car is very comfortable and has a lot of ?get up and go.? I love the quiet cabin and smooth ride. I also like the windshield being large which really gives you a good field of view. Overall great car.

Acura

Meet all my expectations its relaible and very safe with good quality products they use for the car its fast safe and good and cheap if you need mentanance.

3.4

Great car

Great car! Poor interior. Very reliable. Great milage. Not expensive servise. Easy to resale.

Just Test Drive

Fun sporty driving car. One test drive and I was sold. It drives as if its on rails with AWS. Some critics say the suspension is rough, but I like the sports car feel. I have no idea why this car does not get the love. I decided to pass on Lexus (GS 350), BMW (535), and Audi (A7). Best decision I ever made and was able keep thousands in my wallet.

2.1

Worst Acura I've even owned

My fifth and by far worst Acura. The RLX has engineering issues making for a miserably uncomfortable, unsafe ride. Three tire sidewall separations in the first few months of ownership--Enough said, especially when the dealer, Acura and Michelin all fail to own up to the problem. Never had this issue even once, so 3 times is more than just unlucky. It is unsafe and this car should be avoided.

Excellent car....highly underrated!

For some reason this car gets no love from critics or consumers and I really don't understand why. I love Acura, have owned 2 TLs and an MDX. I have always liked the RLX and now I finally have one! I could not be happier with my purchase, ride quality, technology and the understated exterior are just some of my favorite things about this car. The only thing I wish this car had is larger cup holders! If you are looking for a reasonably priced luxury car with all the bells and whistles, this would be a great choice. Since they are not very popular, getting a good deal on one is relatively easy. I would highly recommend!