2004 RSX

2004 Acura RSX

2004 Acura RSX

Have you driven the 2004 Acura RSX?

Fun car!

by stkmltS from Cincinnati on Mon Mar 31 2008

I bought an '04 type-S in early '04, and i had if for about 2 years. It was a FUN car to drive! This car has relatively good handling and engine performance compared to other cars with a similar (but slightly lower) price tag. Other than a small transmition issue (Acura issued a technical service bulletin to repair it without cost,) this car is very reliable. The price is on the higher end, but the quality of workmanship is superb. Nothing was spared when Acura designed the interior. Snug-fitting seats, decent head and leg room, and a great sound system from the factory. This car is exactly what you can expect from Acura.

Puts a smile on my face everytime I drive it

by Goodhed from New York, NY on Mon May 24 2010

Got the car around 3 years ago with 39k on the odo. Haven't had any major problems with the car despite a few rattles on the broken NY tarmac. I have driven quite a few cars but this one puts a smile on my face everytime I drive it. Mileage is good (24-city & 29-highway), didn't hurt the wallet with $4/$5 gallon gas. It's surprisingly quick and love the revy engine with perfect handling. The interior is a class act but could do with higher quality materials. Everything is driver-centric. Space in the back is at a premium but I don't mind it. The boot is well-sculpted and can carry large items due to being a hatchback.

180K of solid reliability and fun

by John from Naperville from Naperville, IL on Mon Jan 04 2016

First of all, this is not a touring or a race car, but it has great acceleration and handling. I bought my 2004 RSX, blue with automatic, used in 2007 with 28K miles. Maintenance...at 140K I needed an O2 sensor, at 165K the air conditioning compressor went out and Acura wanted $1990 to replace...I did it for under $200...a very involved job. At 180K the power steering pump went out...a very easy replacement. My biggest complaint would be the rattle I get in the heater vents when it's really cold, but not bad enough to tear the dash apart...play the radio. Oh, the radio...it wasn't a factory Bose so I installed and after market...a worthwhile investment. That's all the bad stuff (not much). With over 180K it doesn't burn a drop of oil. The BEST addition was the Michelin Premier A/S tires which made the ride very smooth and improved handling (steering is still solid). Tires can make a huge difference in ride! Other that that it's just brakes and oil. At 67 I have owned a few vehicles and this is an extremely solid reliable car...and fun to drive. Did I mention that the hauling capacity in the hatchback is incredible.

Good successor to the Integra

by Daily Driver from Colorado on Fri Feb 13 2009

The review marks are for the base model with the 5-speed auto. Weakest aspects of the vehicle are its acceleration and some of the interior materials/surfaces feel cheap (i.e., plastics). Strong points are fuel economy, steering/handling as well as the design of the exterior along with the fit and finish of the exterior panels. Makes a good, reliable commuter vehicle and picks up where the Integra left off, especially in being a more "refined" vehicle than the Integra.

The best Integra ever!

by Acura Diehard from Bailey, CO on Tue Dec 27 2011

I can't say enough about this Honda product. The 200hp engine and six speed transmission makes this the ultimate commuter car. On average I get 35-36 mpg in the warmer months.(without snow tires) and 31-33mpg with snow tires. That milage average is done on a 90 mile rountrip commute from the mountains to Denver, CO. Great snow car with snow tires. By the way the Japanese equivqalent of this model was still called Honda Integra.

Best car of the year

by JayBlanco from Connecticut on Mon Apr 09 2012

I've driven multiple sports cars from its generation and in my opinion it performs the best and has the best bang for your buck. Could use better front seats but it's not a touring car.

CRAZY SEXY COOL

by MSTEXAZ from TX on Thu Feb 09 2012

I just purchased my 04' RSX this week I traded my 2000 Honda Accord that I've owned for ever. This RSX is exciting to drive way more fun on the road than my Honda but, that was also a great car. And I know it's the same company. But, the sound system isn't so hot but, I'll be fixing that soon. I've owned a Lexus ES300 1996 in the past but, this RSX handles much better. The AC works great!! I will be taking it on a road trip this weekend to really test it out. It's a sports car but, I love the body style so much as a girlie girl I had to get it so ladies this can suit you too!

My first car crash

by quinn from Lexingtion Ky on Sun Feb 06 2011

I was recently in my very first car accident, and I walked away from a headon collision at 45 mph. I will buy another used one soon as I can pay for it in cash. The car still ran like a champ after all these years with very little mechanical issues

Best performance for price

by ikemand from Snohomish, WA on Tue Dec 17 2013

This is the best car I have ever owned. I bought my 2004 Acura Rsx Type-s back in '07 from a old guy with 15000 miles on it for cheap. I would recommend it for anyone young or old for the price, performance and reliability. Plus it doesn't look that bad either.

the perfect car

by erik from Virginia Beach, VA on Thu Jan 07 2016

I have owned a few cars through the years as well as being a driver for a car dealership. I can honestly say that my RSX is by far my absolute favorite out of all of anything that I have driven. I love the way it looks, rides, and the go cart-like handling. An all around fun car to drive and a perfect car that I would recommend to any age group.

1 2