2006 Acura Rsx

Most fun and reliable car ever!

by from Long Beacha, CA on August 25, 2017

A great all around car with plenty of power, great gas mileage, trunk space and low or no maintenance at all! Owned it for 10 years and could not be happier!

Awesome performing and looking car.

by from Crownsville, MD on July 30, 2017

Let me start off by saying that I did modify this car but I will give my opinion before and after modifications. Before: The 2006 Acura RSX is my first car. I have had it for four years now and got it at 65000 miles. All I have replaced is tie rods, tires, battery, and the starter over the course of 30000 miles. It's a very reliable car and so much fun to drive on the bends. The only complaint I could think of for this car was the absence of an armrest in the 5spd manual (not sure about the autos). Just absolutely amazing car overall inside and out. After: Although, Acura had a good start, there is always room for improvement. I added an armrest, 35% tint (Maryland legal limit), Form Function Type 2 coilovers, 8.5 inch wheels, fog lights, touchscreen head unit and sub, CAI, and a few others. The car is now much more suited to my style driving and gives the car a much more aggressive handling and appearance.

A blast to drive!

by from Lancaster, Pa on July 27, 2017

Overall this car is well-balanced for the everyday driver / commuter. This 2-door sports hatch is fun to drive ( If you don't mind the manual 6 Speed trans and the premium fuel it requires ).

Perfect first car

by from CHICAGO, IL on July 25, 2017

I bought this car a couple years back, and it has been great for me while I am in college. The overall reliability is very good, but there are a couple things to note. 1. The gas release mechanism gets stuck in the cold. This has caused a lot of frustration, and it is a design flaw that needs to be fixed. 2. The a/c blew cold for a little while, but then started blowing warm air. This could be due to a leak or other reasons, but it was annoying during the hot summer months. 3. The door lock actuators act up at times, leaving me unable to open my trunk a couple of times (Doesn't happen that often). Other than those few issues, the car has been perfect. When I go home to visit, I average about 32mpg+ highway, and in the city it is about 24-26mpg. It can hold a lot of things in the back, and it even has a couple of back seats, but I would not recommend putting passengers back there often. The ride is a bit stiff, but the suspension was specifically tuned this way for a sportier driving feel. The overall rating is missing a star because of the few issues I listed previously (a couple of those were probably due to the cars' age, but the gas door release issue definitely deducts a star). I would highly recommend this car to anyone looking for their first car, and/or if you want a reliable, sporty coupe.

First car I ever owned

by from Parsippany, NJ on July 12, 2017

I bought a 2006 Red Acura Rsx Type - S used with about 70,000 miles when I was 17 Years old. This was the PERFECT first car. Very easy to maintain and very good on gas. Also great starter car for enthusiasts looking to get into the car game. I modified the car heavily and enjoyed every second of it. I HIGHLY recommend this car to anyone and espically as a first car. I had ZERO complaints about the Acura Rsx

Uses car for Havingfun

Most Reliable car I have owned

by from on May 8, 2017

This is one of the most reliable cars I have owned, been driving it for 10 years, no major problems, just scheduled maintenance, oil changes and gas.

Best car ever!

by from on April 5, 2017

I highly recommend this car to anyone! The most fun to drive! Never had any mechanical issues! Any add ons are a plus!

Best First car i could have purchased.

by from East Orange, NJ on November 19, 2016

I've had mine for about 2 months and i could say that it is fantastic. Great aggressive sports car exterior look while it is very reliable and quick. Type S or not, it is a very fast car.

Great sports car that won't empty your wallet

by from Sedona, AZ on June 10, 2015

I have owned 2006 RSX type S since 2010. One of the issues that others have posted is the missed shifts to 3rd gear. Told my local mechanic who had worked for a Honda dealer previous to his current employer about the problem. It was a simple fix: replace the transmission oil with an upgraded version. Problem solved. This car is bullet proof. You can thrash it as hard as you like and it won't break. The only thing I have done to this car mechanically is replace the battery, front end alignment, and oil changes. Things I love about the car are the track tuned suspension (takes curves like it was on rails), great shifter, reliability, eye catching looks (mines red), Bose sound system. The thing I did not like was the Bose head unit which worked intermittently. So for $200.00 I replaced the head unit with a Kenwood single CD/iPod unit which mated perfectly to the Bose amp and speakers. If you are on a limited budget and want to put some fun in your driving, here's your solution.

Love the car, not the transmission

by from Kettle Falls, WA on April 2, 2015

I have a 2006 Acura RSX Type-S with 64K miles on it now... I am the second owner and this car has has 3 transmissions put in it. The second and third gear synchros seem to always have issues. Now that it has a new transmission (thought this is the THIRD) it runs great, it drives great, handling is good, it corners well, motor is STRONG, it accelerates fast, and I love the overall look of the car. I just wish the transmission wasn't such an issue.