2006 Acura Rsx

First sports car

by from Fort Bragg NC on February 26, 2011

When I first got home from deployment I thought I shouldn't get a new car and keep the one I had. One night as I am strolling through town I decided to stop at a dealership and see what they had just for fun. And there it was, the 2006 Acura RSX type S just sitting there next to a 2006 Honda Civic SI underneath the dim street light. Without a doubt I fell in love with the RSX by first sight alone. I couldn't wait for the next morning for the dealer to open and let me test drive the RSX. By time I started it up and drove a block down the road I knew for sure this car would be for me. Since then the only problem I really had with this car was the clutch, but that was due to the previous owner, it burnt out on my on a vacation that cost me a pretty penny to repair. I love my car and would recommend it to any one who is looking for a nice bang for their buck, affordable gas economy, and tons of ways to tune and upgrade for further enjoyment. PS, not meant to be a family car, so don't complain that the back seats are too small.

why did acura ever stop production of the rsx??

by from nc on June 15, 2010

for the price, one of the best cars ive driven. very responsive, the 4cyclinder engine has more than enough pep to get you where your going. the car moves in and out of traffic like a deer moves thru the woods. reliablity is excellent.. no problems. if you can find one for a decent price.. buy it..

One of the fastest V4 none Turbo cars.

by from Chicago, IL on April 7, 2008

Purchased a new Type S in 2006. I am completely satisfied with the car. Buy the car and you will not regret it. Short gears make the car very fun to drive. The car's design is more on a mechanical side, but who buys a sports car and wants full electronics in it? You Decide what you want: Sport VS Luxury. Go Go RSX :D

Great car, especcially for the cost.

by from Coppell, TX on February 18, 2007

Only flaw i found was the lack of mp3-cd playback. Mine been driven over 120mph many times never with any problems.

An Excellent Ride

by from Annapolis, Maryland on June 21, 2006

This is one excellent car for anyone who cares more than just getting from point A to point B, but rather getting there in style. The looks of the car are even better when you see it up close. It's very cleanly designed both interior and exterior. It's a head turner. The Auto-Manual transmission that I have is a nice feature; something you wouldn't normally see on a car that's priced this well. It's well equipped; even for the base. You get everything you would ever want in a sports hatch. Overall, if you're passionate about having a nice car that's comfortable but have a tight budget, this is the car you want to have.

excellent car over all

by from west covina on March 27, 2007

it hadles well, good cornering, its reliable, good take off, nice gear ratio, looks sporty, has good resale value,

Couldn't be happier

by from Mentor, Oh on June 19, 2007

I bought my 2006 Acura RSX Type-S new, and I haven't had a single problem with it, I couldn't rave more about this car.

2006 RSX Type-S - The Legendary Sport Coupe

by from Mansfield, PA on December 11, 2014

The RSX Type-S is everything a World Class Sport Coupe is supposed to be. Stylish, firmly planted to terra firma and is capable of incredible performance powered by Honda VTEC! The interior is basic, but well designed and intended for people who enjoy a visceral driving experience void of distractions. The RSX does offer a Bose sound system providing a superior sound experience if you are so inclined. The car has very good manners for normal driving and with a push of the pedal you have a street legal race car. People unfamiliar with Honda VTEC may not get it. The six speed gear box is crisp and each gear provides excellent linear acceleration up to the 8500 rpm redline. It?s not surprising that the Type-S is one of the all-time favorite track cars of recent years and with a top end of 145 mph they are a serious machine. When looking for a Type-S, look for a well-cared-for car, preferably one owner if possible with low miles. This may be a difficult task, but Acura certified examples are a good alternative. With any car manufactured in 2006 or earlier, you may have a few mechanical issues. RSXs having one of the best gear boxes on the planet are prone to some quirks, like jumping out of third gear if the clutch is not properly engaged and noisy throw-out bearings that eventually will need replacing along with the clutch at some point. These are small problems that are easily fixed and should not deter you from ownership. That said; this is a car for people who like great performance cars and are willing to spend some money for proper maintenance. Honda?s or Acura?s are some of the best build cars, but also need some care to perform in top condition.

My favorite car yet

by from St. Petersburg, FL on October 23, 2014

I really do love this car and it gets most things just right so I'll skip straight to the cons: -base model is slow -my leather seats are incredibly uncomfortable -the car has problems going between second and third gear; it shifts through them very slowly and sort of hangs on the transition making the car feel like it's losing power, this has been present in both my 2006 RSX and my 2004 RSX that I had months before and crashed. Every thing else is fantastic, I especially love the driver-centered front console and the appearance of the car. It is very fun to drive if you love being low to the ground and feeling the bumps and quirks in the road.

Love the car, not the transmission

by from Kettle Falls, WA on April 2, 2015

I have a 2006 Acura RSX Type-S with 64K miles on it now... I am the second owner and this car has has 3 transmissions put in it. The second and third gear synchros seem to always have issues. Now that it has a new transmission (thought this is the THIRD) it runs great, it drives great, handling is good, it corners well, motor is STRONG, it accelerates fast, and I love the overall look of the car. I just wish the transmission wasn't such an issue.