2008 TL

2008 Acura TL

2008 Acura TL

Have You Driven the 2008 Acura TL?

Didn't know I would love it this much

by Love the Acura TL from Virginia on Fri Dec 31 2010

Coming from a standard Honda Accord EX-V6, I knew that I could not go wrong with an Acura. Acura is the luxury for Honda Corporation. This car rides with ease, is agile, has great style both inside and out, and basically no cabin or outside noise when driving. While Mercedes and BMW are luxury vehicles, I feel like I received that in this Acura, with all the bells and whistles, obviously at a least expensive price. However, I drive about 44 miles a day to and from work, and it doesnt seem that great on gas, but I still LOVE this car. Just put in your iPod, and you will forget all about it. If your considering high luxury but dont want to pay it, you get it and more with the Acura TL, GPS Navigation package.

Solid

by RP from Knoxville, TN on Wed Sep 26 2012

I love my Acura TL, I have all the luxury specs(except nav) for a much more reasonable price when compared to BMW or Lexus or Mercedes. Fun to drive also and its not the Type-S.

Best car for the buck

by Miha from Chicago,Illinois on Thu Apr 17 2008

Theres so many positive things about this car,but couple things i like the most are 8'' wide screen with best navigation ever,works so fast,has so many options,and it's so simple unlike type RL or any benz cars.. Comfort is much better then my previous car SL500 ,also i have much more features then my previous car Handsfreelink,and voice control system which means you start the car,put into drive,and with 2 buttons on your steering wheel you control: climate,radio stations,mp3,dvd,finding anything you want on your navigation system.. Rear view camera helps a lot to see behind you ,while you're parking the car,and what's interesting as soon as you shift into reverse mode it goes automaticlly on... I still can't believe you get all this below 40 grand US dollars out the door... First i though i'm gonna miss my Benz,but after owning this car and exploring all the features in it,i'm never goin back.. Plus less cost,less insurance,better fuel economy,better reliability,don't even need to talk about it... I would totally recommend this car to anyone..

Awesome car- great MPG

by Fancy car lover from Chicago on Mon Jun 02 2008

I love this car. It is so much better then I ever expected. I wanted all the luxury that this car offers (heated seats, Nav, Bluetooth, XM and more) but couldn't afford it in a BMW or Audi. The car actually gets an average of 32 MPG highway for us... but we do a lot of highway miles. Love it love it love it!

Honda/Acura predictability

by Old Guy from Austin, TX on Fri Jan 11 2013

I purchased my third Acura two years ago. My second TL and this time it is the TL-s (now have 2004TL and 2008TLs). I have purchased Honda products since I was a kid and that means the motorcycles at first. Always had predictable reliability over the years which there were 4 motorcycle models total. The TL models are just enough smart stuff to keep me happy pushing buttons and not breaking. I also have opted to keep my older CL-s Acura for banging around town. It has 118K on the odometer and all features and accessories function fine. --It just turned 12years old and very little has been done to it.--Wish Honda had kept Bose sound, but the TL Acuras have very good sound systems, too. By the way, my daughter has close to 150K on a 6cylinder 2000Accord I bought new. --It keeps on ticking with very little wrong that should not be expected. On a car this old it just got its first pair of front shocks in 2012. All in all I would say if you do good maintenance Honda will give you great years of service. KEEP UP THE RELIABILITY HONDA/ACURA AND I WILL BE BACK FOR MORE.

Great Car!

by Flm2112 from Bay Area, CA on Mon Nov 15 2010

This is my 4th Acura starting with an Integra in 1990. They have all passed 200K miles comfortably and this one is the best of the bunch so far. I bought it Certified Pre-Owned with 22K miles. The car looks good, handles well, great interior and exterior lighting systems. It also has a great sound system and gets reasonably good mileage (23-24 Hwy and about 19-20 city). I chose the TL this time over the TL-S that I previously owned, mostly due to a more comfortable ride and my penchant for driving a little slower these days on winding country roads. It has the same size engine as my previous TL-S, so it has plenty of get up and go when I need it. Highly recommended as a great value as well.

most reliable car I've owned

by ACURA lover from cape cod, MA/white mountains, NH on Sun Jun 22 2008

My 2008 Acura tl has been the best car i've had... ever! It gets great gas mielage and combines sportniess and luxury perfectly! 0-60 in 6.6 seconds with an automatic/front wheel drive! the seats are very comfortable and supportive on long drives, although I wish that you could raise/lower the passenger seat.

Solid Acura Product

by OxonInCA from Novato, CA on Wed May 03 2017

This was my second Acura TL of this generation and like the first it gave trouble-free service for over 100,000 miles. While I much preferred the warmer interior tones of the 2005 model, the 2008 model had more amenities (backup camera, automatic headlamps, turn signals on side mirrors, etc.). Both were satisfying to drive and the adjustable driver's seat was able to fit a wide range of body types and driving styles. Average mixed (town/freeway) mileage was 23.5mpg; my first TL could get 30mpg on the freeway (higher than the manufacturer's estimate) but my second TL never did better than 27.3mpg despite having the same engine, body weight, etc.

Best value for the money

by Luis from Northeast NJ on Thu Dec 27 2012

First and foremost: I have an 08 TL/w Nav I bought used in Dec 2011 after my 07 TL/w Nav(Leased 2/3/07) was totaled after being in a head on(passenger side front offset crash)collision with a Ford F150 that was evading police. While I sustained moderate to severe whiplash and a bruised chest from the seatbelt, I walked away from the accident which was a testament in the safety of this vehicle. With that said I will continue with my review: Pro's: Comes with a lot of features standard that BMW's, Mercede's, and Audi's nickle and dime you on(Compared to models of the same years 07-08). Ride comfort is pretty good and road noise isn't too shabby. It's not as quiet as a BMW 5 series but it's not too far off. Acceleration isn't too shabby, 0-60 is around low-mid 6 seconds. I am not a fan of the stock Michelin all season tires. They're OK in dry, OK in wet with more than 50% tread only, and suck in the snow. Less than 50% tread and they hydroplane excessively in the wet. Snow and ice forget about it, they're horrible. Go with the Continental DWS tires, they're a world of a difference and make the TL a little quieter on the road. As the expert reviews say, the turning radius on the TL isn't that good. Almost needs 40ft to make a complete U-Turn. Common issues with this vehicle is sub-woofer rattles on the back deck and the side mirror switch/auto reverse tilt feature sometimes the mirrors stick or the switch goes bad(Has happened to me on both TL's i owned). Both repaired under warranty but minor issues.

Sporty Luxury

by Jordan from AutoNation Chevrolet @ Greenacres on Thu Nov 20 2014

I purchased my 2008 TL before ever having seen or test driven it. I met Rick (salesman at AutoNation) the next day to pick up the car. Fell in love with it's sleek look. Once i opened the driver seat pure luxury. Leather interior, sunroof, all the components of a luxury sports car. The car is smooth on the road and vision to see. I HIGHLY recommend (1) purchasing an Acura and (2) go see Rick at AutoNation - EXCELLENT customer service!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Our Take on the 2008 Acura TL

The 2008 Acura TL Type-S didn't rock my world. I was really expecting sparks to fly, but I'm a few weeks away from giving birth and probably a bit crabby, which undoubtedly affects my worldview. While the car performed relatively well, there were too many things that disqualified it from being my perfect mommy-mobile. In short, the TL was fine, but not fabulous.

I drove the TL Type-S to Crested Butte, Colo., for the Fourth of July weekend, and my trip fell short in some respects, too. I know I sound implacable, so please don't get me wrong - I'm not that hard to please. But I like things the way I like them, so when they're not that way, I don't like them. Got it?

Acura says the TL Type-S has gas... Read More