2006 TSX

4.9 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.9 out of 5 starsReliability

A Superb Car

by NedKH from Stockton, CA on August 1, 2006

The 2006 Acura TSX ranks with a 1990 Infiniti Q45 and a 1972 Citroen Pallas as the finest cars I've ever owned. (Three Cadillacs and a Mercedes fall way below.) Advances in technology make it difficult to compare my favorites directly; but this is what I like especially about the TSX: 1. I get 23mpg city and over 30 highway (with AT). 2. The interior is super-comfortable. The driver's seat and steering wheel adjust to ideal positions. The leather is soft but the seating is firm. 3. The controls are well positioned and easy to manage. 4. The speedometer and other indicators are bright and easy to read. 5. The sound system is excellent. The auxiliary jack for MP3 and other players is a welcome feature. XM radio is also a plus. 6. Buttons can be programmed to open community gate and garage doors. 7. The $4,000 dealer upgrade -- springs, tires, spoiler, etc -- is worth while. (I declined the $2,000 navigation system.) 8. The trunk is large and has a pass-through capability (not available on the TL, which is more expensive but doesn't look a lot different from the TSX). 9. There is no ashtray or cigarette lighter, since Acura research indicates only three percent of its buyers smoke. But the cupholders and center and side storage spaces are large and convenient.

What a great car

by Mike B. from Gaithersburg, MD on July 24, 2007

This car is a left-brain purchase - it comes down to value over the non-grunty I4, the inherent FWD understeer, and a 7 on the NVA score from the East German judge. The engine, in the tradition of Honda four bangers, needs to rev, and it can (there's kind of a kick in the V-Tech settings around 6k rpm that's fun), but mostly the car feels slower than it is. I got the 6-sp, which is a wonderful snick-snick transmission. I mean, this thing is really great. It's one of the best out there. The automatic seemed less suited to a 4 cylinder, but I don't commute in stop'n'go, either. The suspension is pretty well sorted out and the steering is well-weighted. The TSX is one of the last Hondas to have an all around double-wishbone suspension - most use MacPherson struts. The stock tires wear well, but aren't grippy. If you want better performance, a tire upgrade goes a long way for both handling and braking. Also, the road noise suppression could be better, but contrary to an earlier reviewer, I don't have a problem talking on the phone in the car. Quiet in cars seems to be something that only gets solved by throwing money at it, so be aware that there is a trade-off here. I got the navigation system too, and while I like it, it's overpriced at $2k. Maybe in ten years, they'll be standard everywhere, but there is still an early adapter penalty. Not getting lost, however, is worth a lot to me; Apparently it's worth $2k. You might be okay just getting a stand alone unit for $500 if you don't mind the fact that it isn't integrated into the dash. YMMV, on that. Otherwise, the interior is thoughtfully designed. I'm 6'5, which is definitely the maximum. The controls are intuitive. The materials feel much better than most cars under $30k - not too much of the chintzy plastics. Maybe just a step down from the class-leading Audi. On the other hand, you don't have to fear Audi/BMW mechanic bills either. Meanwhile, go ahead and weld the TSX's hood shut if you want to. I like this car a lot, as do many owners (the resale values testify to that too). My wish list would be a turbo, say, the 2.3L from the RDX - that would do a lot of the lack of torque down low, but I suspect it would step on the TL's market. Too bad.

Lifetime Honda/Acura owner

by Acuraparts from Milford,Ct on February 7, 2016

This is the 5th Honda/Acura I have owned! Everyone has gone well over 200k miles! Its the only make of car I buy now. Luxury with performance! Just keep up with the oil changes and the car will keep up with you!

Excellent Entry Luxury Vehicle

by Matt from New York on June 21, 2010

I bought this car pre owned from a dealership about 2 months ago and have loved it ever since. So far very reliable and comfortable to drive. If you are looking for an affordable luxury sedan, this is a great choice with solid mpg. If you are looking for a performance vehicle I would suggest to look elsewhere more toward a bmw 3 series our Audi A4 mostly due to the fact that the TSX is not a V6 and is front wheel drive although still has plenty of power and fun to drive. Overall this car is a great pre owned choice and give a great bang for your buck.

Value can't be beat

by DHall from Chicagi, IL on January 11, 2007

I've had my TSX for almost 4 months now, and I still can't wait to drive it every day. In my opinion, there isn't another car out there that offers the features, performance, reliability, and value that the TSX does. Do the reasearch. Items that are standard on the TSX are optional on most other entry level luxury sedans. You'll pay thousands more for a comparably equipped Lexus IS250, Audi A4, BMW 328I, or Mercedes C230. I would recommend this car to anybody.

Under the radar

by TO_TSX from Toronto on September 24, 2006

This car doesn't have the flash and dash of similar cars in its price range, but sit inside, get to know the features, take a test drive and you'll understand why other TSX drivers have that contented look on their faces.

The Best Car I have ever owned!!

by Sold on Acura from Ohio on March 30, 2009

I test drove a lot of cars when I happened upon a Acura dealer, I noticed the TSX and told my husband I wanted to test drive it, we got in the car I drove about a mile and I could not hide my feelings. My husband said you want this car don't you? I said yes. This is a solid car, looks great inside ,and out, goes great in bad weather. No regrets and no problems 3yrs now, My next car will be an Acura!!!

Awesome blend of features! Terrific value!

by Badger fan from Waukesha, WI on January 9, 2007

My local Acura dealer gave me a new TSX as a loaner when my Acura CL was in the shop. After two days I decided that the TSX would be my next new car! The TSX's handling is fantastic. It handles nearly as well as one of my other cars -- a 2005 Honda S2000! Steering is precise. Some say the ride is firm, but that is exactly what you need for a great handling, fun-to-drive car! While the ride is controlled, I don't find it to be harsh at all. The standard features would add thousands of dollars to the price of a BMW or Audi. The standard stuff includes everything you need in a car. When you consider what this car includes for the price, it may be the best automotive value there is! The navigation system is exceptional in its ease of use and wide assortment of features. My wife is the primary driver of our TSX, so we got the automatic. The manual would add to the sporty performance. So would a few more horsepower (my only suggestion for improvement) -- but then fuel economy would probably suffer. We average in 23-26 mpg in mixed driving; 31-32 mpg on trips. The extensive list of features, the great handling, good fuel economy, and Honda/Acura quality and reliability at a very reasonable price make the TSX a very compelling choice. I don't think you can find a better automotive value in this class!

Great Value Package

by Hi-C from Santa Rosa, CA on August 25, 2006

I test drove the BMW325i, the Acura TSX, and the Lexus IS250. While I liked the BMW, the Acura had everything that I wanted at a much better bang for my buck! In addition to great handling I needed a car with great comfort and all the hi-tech gizmos...and the Acura has it all. The car drives better than the BMW (base model) though the BMW wins when you add the sports package to it! However, the BMW base model which is about $2K more than the Acura TSX (w/ Nav) that I got - is hard to justify unless you want the brand name alone. If you want a great drive, great features and a great price - seriously consider the TSX.

Best overall value - Luxury

by I think I'm turning Japanese from Valencia, CA on June 10, 2007

Standard equipment, reliability, resale value, price, fit/finish are only a few of the virtues of this wonderful car. People will knock the 205 hp, 4 cyl motor, but honestly do you need more? Elegant and more than adequate for the American mainstream looking to get into an Entry level luxury car. No disappointment.

1 2 3 4 5