2011 TSX

2011 Acura TSX

2011 Acura TSX

Have You Driven the 2011 Acura TSX?

Awesome Wagon!

by Ordell from Chicago, IL on Fri Apr 29 2011

Pros: - Fun to drive - Versatility - Interior comfort and features - Exterior styling - Gas mileage - Cargo space - Great 4 cylinder engine Cons: - Premium gas Overall review: I love this car! I have about 1200 miles on it now and I am extremely pleased with my purchase. I was looking for a versatile vehicle that could transport bikes easily, get good gas mileage, has great reliability, and plenty of usable cargo space and this car fits all of those requirements and it is fun to drive! I had been looking for a car like this for about a year and am very happy Acura brought this car to the US.

Feels like more than I paid for!

by USaccordtoEuroAccord from FL on Thu Sep 08 2011

As a car guy, I know this isn't the ultimate enthusiast's choice, but I'm very happy with the TSX as a great all-around car. Acura's value proposition is incredible - considered the A4 and G25/37 and neither could match the content of the TSX for the price. Coming from a V6 Accord, the TSX is better than expected in getting out of its own way, and the mileage has been a nice surprise - around 25/26 around town and even hit 37 avg on a 2HR road trip with some in-town driving mixed into that. Handling is tight and the ride is a tad firm but not overly so. For those who'd dismiss it as an overpriced Honda, take a seat inside and notice the extremely high quality of the materials, plus nice extras like paddle shifters, xenon lights, etc that couldn't be had on an Accord. Plus the rock solid reliability over the A4, 3-series, G... my decision was made. Only regret: sort of wish I went for the wagon!

love our new TSX wagon

by first Acura owner from Chicago on Thu Sep 01 2011

We've had this for 4 months now and love it, love it, love it. It was between the Subaru Outback and this and for similarly equipped (leather, sunroof, no GPS, etc), they were within $2K of each other. We owned a 2000 Outback in the past and liked it a lot. Opted for TSX this time and can't be happier. Every time I see the new Outbacks, I'm always surprised at how large they've grown. The TSX is a little smaller, both inside and out, and looks much nicer. With 2 kids and living in the city, we wanted to have just one car. This fits for our family - good cargo space as well as looking great when we go to valet park on our evenings out. Like other reviewers, we also get more than 30 mpg on the highways (38 mpg on a 75+ mile trip!). Overall, great car and fun to drive. I miss having manual transmission though!

Two Years of Test Driving Later...

by Caroline75 from Oklahoma City, OK on Tue Nov 01 2011

Yes, it took me two years of test driving to finally settle on a car. I've never purchased a car before and I can't say I enjoyed the process, but I definitely learned a lot about cars. In the end, I purchased a brand-spanking new 2011 Acura TSX with tech package. I had been looking for a used car for most of my search, but the high prices of quality used cars, along with the lack of good warranty options led me to purchase a new car. The TSX with tech package has everything I was looking for, plus more! It's a great car - not too small or too big. Great mileage, quiet roomy plush interior. It can carry four adults comfortably. Great sound system. Huge trunk. Lots of fun to drive!

Best samll car ever!

by My 4th Arura from Nebraska on Thu Oct 06 2011

I am a hard core Acura person even though I can't get past base models (which are loaded) I must say out of 4 Acuras all I have ever had go wrong is one mirror stuck once in a while. Repaired under warranty and away I went. I HAD to trade in my 6 month old MDX and was not happy about it. Hard times fell upon us and we just couldn't afford the beloved MDX so I decided to "sacrifice" and get a small car, cheaper payments and much less gas. Acura of Omaha could have "stuck it to me" but they didn't, I got within a few thousand of what I paid for my MDX and bought a TSX sight unseen, I got 36mpg on the way home at 80 on the interstate!! WOW! I was so happy. I have been driving it for about a month and man it rcoks. I just love it. Makes the tough times seem a little better. A great buy and remember when you buy an Acura you actually have reasle value!

Love is hard to find !

by afarina30 from Lakeland, FL on Fri Mar 30 2012

I have always wanted to own an Acura, but was not sold on the price factor until I realized I could own one for the same amount of money I spent on my accord. I prefer to stick with cars I know personally and feel are reliable. There are ton of great vehicles now to choose from with lots of luxuries at a smaller cost but to me it was most important to know the car will hold it's value. This one definitely will. It drives very comfortably, has great pick-up, interior is very classy, safety is 5 star and is middle of the road for gas consumption. Overall the best car purchase I have ever made.

Acura TSX

by AcuraTSX from Philadelphia, PA on Thu Dec 29 2011

Good, stylish vehicle. Electronic package option is worth extra cost. Basic color options. Sufficient interior room for a sedan.

Sassy little car

by Niteshopper from Cincinnati, OH on Sat Apr 11 2015

We bought this car to replace the 2000 Acura TL my husband had been driving, so we could pass the TL onto the new teen driver in the family. (Love Acuras, they hold up well and need little maintenance out of the ordinary. Even at 2560K, the TL doesn't rattle like my 2012 Toyota Highlander!) We bought a certified 2011 TSX with Tech with 31K miles on it that had been well maintained - it even still smells new (I think if that was an artificial fragrance it would have worn off by now). The TSX is so much fun to drive. Tight suspension, responsive handling, lots of get up and go, and great gas mileage. (On a recent trip to Disney, we got 470 miles from one tank of gas.) Super happy with the purchase. My advice when buying a used TSX: take a look at the maintenance records (we used CarFax). We found there was a direct correlation between how well the car had been maintained and how tight the steering was. Some people lease cars and drive them for long periods with no service, others treat them very well. We are greatful to the previous owner who treated this sassy little baby well.

V6 Fun-factor!

by JaRod from Chicago, IL on Mon Mar 17 2014

With some sadness, I traded my '07 6-speed TSX for a certified pre-owned 2011 TSX V6 Tech. My '07 was a great car, reliable, good on gas, and fun to drive. Thus far, the '11 is the same. The interior of this car is very comfortable and I receive many compliments on the quality of the cabin. The V6 really delivers the power and the fun-factor. I drive mostly highway and have gotten 28-30 mpg. The suspension is great for taking on those on-ramps! My last TSX was problem free and I am hopeful this one will be the same. Great car so far, but I've only had it a few weeks.

Worth the Money

by LRich from Cleveland, OH on Sun Aug 28 2011

I've had my 2011 TSX for aproximately 5 months and absolutely love it! I am averaging 30.5 MPG which is better than what I expected. I love how the Driver side interior feels like it wraps around the driver. Every person who has been in the car has commented on how nice it looks. The only down-side that I have experienced is that sometimes there will be a slight lag in accelleration when at a stop or when changing gears. I'm not sure if that is because of the engine? (I'm coming from a V-6). In any case, if you can stretch the budget definately spring for the Navigation system, I have used it non-stop since purchase. Another item worth the money is the cargo package. Having the trunk liner has come in handy more times than I thought it would. Overall I am extremely happy with the TSX and Acura in general. I compare my car with many BMW 3-Series or Audi A4s that I see on the road and I know I got more for my money every time.

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2011 Acura TSX

The TSX Sport Wagon makes me wonder why wagons aren't more popular than they are. It's practical, easy to live with and offers more flexibility than a similar sedan would. It also offers rewarding, driver-oriented performance without sacrificing comfort.

The 2011 Acura TSX Sport Wagon is a strong luxury/performance wagon for people who want something that's both practical and able to stand out from the field of sedans. Even so, it's a bit too small to be a family hauler, and it's never going to blister down any drag strips.

It competes both with wagons, including the Cadillac CTS Sport Wagon and BMW 328 wagon, and smaller crossovers, such as the Infiniti EX35. Its mileage is the best among that group... Read More