1998 Audi A4 consumer reviews

$23,790 starting MSRP
side view of 1998 A4 Audi
Explore the 1998 Audi A4

Very reliable car.

Car is manual and easy to shift, great design, great sound system and very comfortable to drive. Gas mileage is good and the quality of the car (for being 22 years old) is unbelievable!!

Love it

Runs great, super clean, Been looking for this for a while, finally found it and at a great price, I am really happy with the purchase.

Love the classic look

This is my second Audi, I would never drive any other make. The clean classic lines do not date the car. It still looks great.

Bought this car to rehab it.

I love this car. Not just the way it looks but its fun to drive. I bought it knowing it needed some love. Most parts are not expensive.

4.3

Nice little car for girls

We have this car for the last nine years. It require usual regular maintenance. It is very good runner. Our daughter love this car. It gives between 28 and 30 mpg on highway and approximately 24 mpg in town. Delinquent has started steeling the side strips. We got the dealer to fix the strips and again someone stole both side strips. It happend in Youngstown, OH.

No. 1 Car to own, So useful and reliable

This car is great! i bought mine used in 2008 and it's been a great time ever since. the heated leather seats are so comfortable and the bose sound system sounded brand new: crisp and clean, not to mention loud if i wanted! The 2.8 v6 produces the perfect amount of power to have great torque without killing the mpg. and the Quattro all-wheel-drive system is so great. It feels like a perfects dry road even in the worst of rainstorms! It can take snow like a champ and when the rear seats fold down, it has so much cargo space, you can't go wrong with this car. It may be classified as a wagon, but it's such a classy car, it looks so nice

4.4

Oldie but goodie

Great car for the age and money. Bought car used and it has been a great transportation value. Good mileage as well as comfortable ride with good handling.

4.3

First Car

This car is great! I love the look and so do all of my friends. It is very comfortable especially on long rides. even though it is twelve years old i would take it over many of the new cars on the road. It has many features and is so much fun to drive. It is great for people like me who ski too because of the quattro and ski sack. I hope to hold on to this one for a while. The thing that bothers me about the car is its reliability. I am lucky it is under warranty, but it is a fair trade off if you ask me to the incredible comfort, handling, and style.

4.1

not too shabby

Overall its a great car to have. Its well on gas and if you like to floor it once in a while you got that too. Ive had no problems so far with it except when ever I turn the heater on it makes a weird noise under the hood.Handling is good it kinda slides once in a while when the snow comes in. But i still would recommend an audi to everybody!!

2.6

audi 98 reliability terrible great driving

we bought the car 2004 with 46000 was great for 5 years. We have spent 2200 this year on sensor engine lights and now need to spend another er1500 on a leaky rack and pinion and it needs brakes for the second time probably another 600. If you can afford the repairs, like the $75 dollar oil filter. Its a great driver. and heated seats are awesome. but its too expensive to fix.