2003 A4

$940 - $7,268  MSRP Range
2003 Audi A4

4.1

4 out of 5 stars Value for the Money

Have you driven the 2003 Audi A4?

Excellent snow car

by powrider from Seattle on Thu Feb 12 2009

I bought a used 2003 Audi A4 3.0 V6 because I was looking for a hot, powerful car that would get me up to the mountains. I had researched a lot and compared it to Subarus but couldn't get away from the sleek lines of the A4. I wasn't expecting the level of satisfaction I got (and am still getting) from this car. It handles like a dream in snow, and the features like leather, lumbar support, dual climate control, Bose system and on and on.. have just wowed me every time I drive it. I live in Seattle where you find a lot of slick wet hilly roads and this car gives me no tire spin out when accelerating from a hill stop. Excellent!

Very nice car all around

by Nice Audi from Illinois on Tue Jul 26 2011

I've had several Audi's over the years and this has been one of my favorites. I drove it to well over 200,000 miles without even replacing the clutch on it! The fit and finish was impecable up until the day I sold it recently. Other than having a recall to replace my ignition coils along the way I didn't have hardly any issues other than regular maintenance. I just updated to an A6 with the growing family and expect it will treat me excellent like those in the past! Not to mention nothing beats them for safety and winter driving!

BEST CAR EVER

by Audi Enthusiast from LA California on Mon Mar 02 2009

I love these cars thats all I got to say. Never had any problems with it. Just oil changes and tires. Warranty covered the only two thing that went wrong which was the air conditioning repair and the replacement of the diverter valve. For 2 years nothing has gone wrong with this amazing machine.

AWESOME CAR

by CarLover from washington dc on Wed Mar 16 2011

I love my 2003 audi convertible. rides like a dream. fun to drive around the corners yet oozes luxury. great value and inexpensive to maintain.

2003 A4 1.8T Quattro

by PyroGlaze from Fairfax, VA on Mon Jun 11 2007

This is my second A4. My last one was a '97. This is a bit newer and quite a bit nicer. Features are a bit more refined. Mine is a 5-speed manual with the sport package. It's amazing to drive on back-roads, even though it's a bit heavy. With quattro awd, you can barely feel how heavy the car really is. I'm more on the aftermarket aspect of the car, so I was looking for the 1.8T rather than the 3.0. With less than $1k, you can make this car faster than a 3.0 with much better mileage and it's lighter. AWD makes for some great launches, even with a little 4 banger under the hood.

New to Audi

by bwphoto from Chicago on Tue Jan 22 2013

Just purchased one used and it has been great. Did my research to make sure the previous owner kept up with the maintenance. That is a big key in buying any car! It was due for oil and tires but outside of that the car has been great!

A4 owner for life

by Quattro from Washington DC on Mon Jul 27 2009

I've enjoyed driving my 03 A4 3.0. It's not as quick as a 3series or a G35 but has enough power to get me around slow left lane blockers. For comfort and styling, it can't be beat. The Quattro makes it fun to drive in rain or snow. You can get a faster car for the price, but I'm always reminded of what I'm missing whenever I drive a different car.

Don't want No BMW! A4 3.0 Quattro ONLY

by German Car Lover from Portsmouth, VA on Mon Feb 05 2007

I've owned this car now for 4 months and I love it. Great handling and nice power. First gear is sluggish if not warmed up for abt 2 minutes but a wiz after that. Very cool red lights everywhere. Nice clear and crisp sound system. The kickdown feature will make you hold on tight during "take-off". Not much leg room in the rear for someone over 5' 10" with the front seats back. What a looker though!

Overall, a good car.

by JCar on Sat Sep 16 2017

I've have owned my 2003 Audi A4 for 2 years now. It looks great, drives great. The only thing I urge people to be careful when purchasing a car such as mine is that if the Audi is equipped with a Multitronic CVT Transmission, be aware of the problems it may cause. Do your research. That is the only issue I have had with the car.

Neuro Problems in the rain!

by Liselle's Mamma from Kansas City on Thu May 21 2015

My Liselle is our second of three 2003 Audi cars. But it is the second to have ruined electronics because rain has caused water to collect in the area where the electronics module and wiring is under the floorboard. We thought the first time was just because a windshield repair was done incorrectly; but this time it was a leaf in a drain hole in the battery compartment, and when the battery got fried from swimming, we discovered the blockage when the tech changed the battery out. The Service Tech at the dealership told me we should have been checking the drainage holes all along (Tell me, how many of you check those drainage holes regularly?) to prevent this from happening. The first repair cost about $5500 and the insurance company (of the windshield company) totaled the car; this time it is going to cost us $3000 -- which is really more than I can afford. But I love Liselle. And Dear Hubby loves his 2003 Audi, too. The ride is smooth; it is warm or cool, as needed; it is easy for me to handle and park. It feels like a well-built machine. Has anyone else had trouble with water damage of the electronics on Audi of early 2000s? Seems like a bad design to me. Thanks.

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2003 Audi A4

Some cars are made for sunny days. And some make the day sunny, no matter the weather.

Exhibit A: the A4 Cabriolet.

Audi already had a great thing in its 2002 redesigned A4. The subtle lines, the flowing interior, the fun stuff under the hood.

They didn't need to go topless to make it great. That they did might just raise the bar on a car that was already a Car & Driver Top 10. But not for the reasons you might think.

The beauty of the 2003 A4 Cabriolet is not that it can have its top dropped, but that it doesn't have to in order to be great.

Convertibles are strange animals. They're loved on days when it's 70 degrees and sunny. They are loathed on days that are anything but 70 and sunny... Read More