2006 A4

4.5 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.6 out of 5 starsReliability

2006 Audi A4 3.2L V6

by Bullet from canada, ontario on February 5, 2012

i bought this car at 69k, its got 120k now, no sign of any problem and I frequently punch the pedal to hear that v6 roar, accelerates super quick despite being a 3800lb car and handling is amazing, you can drive this car in any weather at any speed with confidence, this car easily outhandles a 4x4 in the snow as well, i have driven 3500 and 1500 dodge rams and it doesnt come close, the ride is very smooth and the cabin is super quiet, the 10 speaker sound system is great, this car is built like a tank, but doesnt feel like it. transmission works flawlessly, maintanence is like any other car nothing out of the ordinary. Great car, never buy japanese highly recommended

You've Got to Get 1

by KB from Harlem, NY on November 29, 2008

Best entry level luxury car ever built. Enough said. I've owned them all Lexus, Acura, BMW (whichis very similar),Sterling,Benz,etc. I'm a car junkie. Audi is one of the best ever. I was a die hard BMW guy (owed 2) and then due to moving to cold climate I was told Audi's were good substitutes for Bimmers. Little did I know that is was as good or actually a little better due to traction. Ever thing else is dead even. The Good; Handling is superior, Customer service is top notch, Drive is a mix of sport with the 2.0 Turbo and Luxury with the 3.2 model. A very quick car.Reliability is also great. The Bad; It's not great on gas though and tire tread wear is excessive due to all wheel drive. Final Analysis; Buy this car. I did 3X already. I'm hooked. You will be to.

Simply Amazing

by Sport Sedan from Toronto, OH on February 28, 2013

I bought my audi a4 quattro 2.0t with 70k miles and it is the best car of its class.Im currently at 100k miles and has never gave me a single problem. Handles and rides smooth in any given road, gets me out of any situation wether it be snow or mud. Always gets looks and complaments. I average 27 mpg i can push 32 hwy. Engine had no tubo lag till i reached the tune up milage around 99k after i had it done it ran like new again(also did transmission fluid and differetials.) These engine well maintained could easily hit 250k+ on milage. This car does everything i need it to do it gets great gas milage, has quattro four wheel drive, all deck out with options, can tow a single trailor with my quad with no problem(1400lbs worth), and is constructed like a brick house, i hit a deer doing 55 on the highway and didnt even come close to damaging any internal parts only cosmetic. The only complaint i have is the hinge on the glove box snaps very easy cant put pressure on it at all. Once you drive an audi you'll ask youself. ''why didnt i get one sooner?''.

Most, fun, exciting and reliable car I've ever own

by batsnd from Minneapolis, Minnesota on October 31, 2007

I absolutily love this car. I bought it pre-owned and have had just as much enjoyment from it as my 2000 A4. This is the best vehicle I've owned. Most of my previous cars ahve been American built and this is a far supirior to any others. It's not only reliable, but a fun car to drive, and when you spend 10% of your waking hours driving somewhere it is great.

Most reliable car I've owned

by Audi lover from on January 14, 2009

I have always liked Audi's classy and luxury looks. It did not change my mind when I finally purchased my own. It has been everything for me, in terms of luxury, performance and handling, comfortableness, reliability, etc. My next car, will def be an Audi again.

Best car I've ever owned

by Love Audi from Millbrae CA on September 3, 2011

I bought this car new and I've loved it for years. Just a great car all around. Style, comfort, performance, practicality, great service.

Cadillac of Sport Sedans

by Wheels from Belfast, ME on October 30, 2013

Very comfortable sedan. Drives well. Handles great. I'm averaging 27MPG on my commute, which is awesome for an AWD. Very great vehicle. Far better than a Subaru!

Fast, Pleasing To The Senses

by FourRings from Oregon on April 9, 2010

This is a very good car. Love the interior and exterior, the feel is original. Everything about it is quality and the features are more than I would have asked for. Only complaint is an occasional rough downshift that the dealer says is normal.

BEST Car for the $$$ ever bought. EXCELLENT RE$ALE

by Geroge from Granby, CT on February 9, 2012

I bought a 2006 for $23000 with 7000 miles. Drove the car for 6 years. Put 90,000 miles on it. YOU'RE IN 7TH (YES 7 GEARS. THE TRANSMISSION SHOWS ONLY 6, BUT THE RPM DROPS WHEN THE SPEED IS CONSTANT AS IN OVERDRIVE EVEN AT 40MPH. SO YOU GET 35 MPG IN THE CITY. 36 to 40 MPG if you don't rev it. TURBO KICKS SO EARLY, YOU DON'T EVEN NEED TO REV IT ABOVE 2200 RPM. STEP ON IT ON THE HIGHWAY AND THE THING WILL HIT 90 mph IF YOU'RE NOT CAREFUL IN A FLASH AND EFFORTLESSLY UNDER 3000 RPM. I WANTED TO SEE HOW POWERFUL IT WAS ONCE AND I BLEW THE DOORS OF A 3MW 328I. ONLY TIME I TOOK IT TO 6000 RPM BUT IT WAS STILL UNDER THE REDLINE!!! Style is UNMISTAKABLY AUDI. (People thought it was an A8 sometimes) SMOOTH RIDE... WORKMANSHIP IS IMPECCABLE... TAKES TURNS LIKE THEY DONT EXIST. ICE, SNOW AND RAIN, THE THING DOES NOT BUDGE. AMAZING TRACTION CONTROL. TRANSMISSION IS SMOOTH AND LIKE A ROCK!!! AFTER 90K MILES IT DROVE EXACTLY THE SAME AS DAY 1. MY NEIGHBOUR'S SON HAS A HUGE GRIN ON HIS FACE WHEN I SEE HIM. HE WAXES THE THING EVERY WEEK IF HE COULD. LEATHER SEATS ARE SOLID AND 12 WAY ADJUSTABLE AND COMFORTABLE ON LONG TRIPS. HEATED SEATS WORKED FLAWLESSLY SOLD IT to my neighbour FOR $15000. after a $100 detail job the car looked NEW every time (GARAGED ALWAYS) JUST THINK ABOUT IT THE CAR DEPRECIATED $7000 IN 6 YEARS. THAT'S $4 DOLLARS A DAY!!! UNHEARD OF! CHANGED OIL EVERY 5000 MILES TIRES EVERY 40000 BRAKES AT 80000 MILES AND THAT'S IT. WHAT AN AWESOME CAR!!! I ONLY SOLD IT because I liked the new LED Headlights on the new A4. I wish I never did because it does not get more than 32MPG on highway. (ONLY REGRET)

This will be my 2nd A4, the best car I ever owned!

by Reindeer from Southern Connecticut on January 23, 2011

I previously owned a 1998 A4, and it was an amazing car that in four years of ownership never had a single problem. If you avoid the Mexican made Audis and the Toyota supplier made CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission) then you won't have problems either. Only some Audis have the CVT. The VIN tells you where the car was manufactured. My only complaint about the '98 was that while it was a *very* economical car, routinely getting 36 mph on the highway, it didn't have a lot of low end torque until your revved it. I *loved* the way it drove, and it allowed me to drive in blizzard conditions on the way home from skiing trips when most people could not handle the weather. I have test driven the 2006 that I will soon buy. It has *much* more power and no hint of turbo lag. It really is a dream to drive, and it's rock solid stable at all speeds. Try as I might, I was unable to get wheelspin. : ) This car just feels right, and when I got in it, even after years of driving a Jeep, it all felt familiar and everything was designed so intuitively and with careful thought, allowing the driver to concentrate on the road. The road feel is slightly improved as well, absorbing the potholes on New England streets with aplomb and poise, but still giving a nice tight and controlled feel, very unlike a Mercedes or a Volvo. The heated seats and the quiet cabin just added to the immense pleasure that I feel when I'm driving this beauty. I can't wait to take delivery of my second Audi. This car is economical, a joy to drive, safe, and in my experience very reliable, and it's thousands less than a BMW. If you take care of German cars, they take care of you. If you abuse them, well... Not everyone takes good car of their cars, or researches the quality of cars carefully. I've had an excellent experience with Audi, and it's the best car I ever owned, by far. I can't wait to get my "new" 2006!

1 2 3 4 5 6