2017 Audi A 4

Beautiful, fuel economy, technology

by from Ontario on April 10, 2017

This car is purchased for my wife, she felt peaceful in the beginning, but after driving 2 days, she got exiting and loved it! It's very comfort to drive, interior design is great, the MPG is out of my exception to be 35 combined. Even it requires #91 gas, but it's still very economic.

My Dream Car

by from Austin, TX on February 13, 2017

I've wanted the a4 for a few years now and I've been watching the prices and reading about them and I've been to my local Audi dealership a couple times. I finally found one with the nougat interior within my price range. The car is very sleek. Its very fast! There isn't much storage within the car for easy access. But the trunk is large. I bought the 2017 and I think it's the lowest package but it has everything that I could want.

Stylish with amazing technology

by from Houston, TX on April 19, 2017

This isn't the Audi A4 of 5 years ago! While A4s have always been stylish, the redesigned 2017 Audi is absolutely beautiful inside and out, and the technology options are unmatched. The virtual cockpit is amazingly beautiful and functional, and the interior is roomier than ever. My only hesitation was purchasing a 4-cylinder car out of concern for slow acceleration. After a test drive, all fears were put to rest, and I still get significantly better gas mileage then my old 6-cylinder.

Should've go for the Prestige

by from Scarsdale, NY on March 16, 2017

Love this car. Everything in this Premium model is excellent. But missing the other options of the Premium and Prestige models.

Excellent choice

by from Thousand oaks on September 20, 2016

I have been driving this car for a month and it has been really good so far. So many features in the car which I still haven't got used to it. Fun to drive, excellent handling and pick up. I would recommend this car to everyone who wants a car which gives your everything. Comfort, safety, speed, handling and decent gas mileage.

Luxury at a cost

by from Bremerton, WA on May 1, 2017

I owned a 2011 A4 for 3 years and took an extensive test drive the 2017 base model A4. I noticed features which don't sit well with me. I admit that I'm picky when it comes to egonomics of the interior and exterior, perhaps nobody else will notice these things. There are hundreds of good things to say about this car, so let me get on to the short list of what I don't like. My biggest qualm is with the shape of the side mirrors. My 2011 had large square mirrors, and these new ones are shorter, slimmer, and are shaped like a tear-drop, which makes me have to tilt my head for both eyes to see the center of the mirror. The next small detail concerns the location of the front cup holders. Maybe I have short arms, but I feel like the cup holders are too far forward. I liked them in my 2011, directly between the fron seats. Instead, there's a large open tray between the seats extending beneath the arm rest. Why can't that be a cup holder? On that note, this tray isn't as practical for storage as it may seem. Under the arm rest is where you'll find the Aux-In and 2 USB ports. It's hazardous because if you use the tray for storage, then not only will you limit the access to these ports, but also endanger anything plugged into them. On to my next point: the beautiful LCD screen on the dash. In the '90's, you could find aftermarket stereos which stow and unstow an LCD screen of this size. Without the ability to stow the LCD screen, it seems out of place - a square box surrounded by round features on a curved dash. Also, I'm surprised to see this is not a touch-screen. If it were, there'd be no need for the large dial next to the shifter. On that note, the dial could/should be the only control button, but it's not. Forward of the dial, there's a redundant 'Menu' and 'Back' button. To the right of the dial is the standard Volume dial. (All of those buttons should/could be digital on a touch-screen). The functions of the Interface are simple to navigate, but I wish I could have more options. For example, I couldn't find a function to turn off the Auto-locking doors, or customize what info I want on the display by the guages (the Up/Down switch on the wipers lever has a limited number of detailed displays. One is the Date/Time display. Another is average MPG. Another is Distance To Empty. But I wish I could customize the display to show my average mpg as well as the date and time without me having to scroll up and down while driving.) Speaking of customizing, there are switches on the dash forward of the cup holders, 2 of which control the 'Drive Mode.' The choices are Auto, Comfort, Dynamic, and Independent. I was expecting Independent to offer an array of choices. Instead, it only differs in that you can have the suspension set to dynamic or comfort and set the transmission to the opposite. Still, I was not overly impressed by the Auto nor the Comfort setting. The shifting felt pretty hard in both settings. I expected the Comfort setting to smooth out the lunges I felt at the shift points, but it didn't. Speaking of shifting, the paddle shifters are a joke. Whether in Drive or Sport mode, tapping a paddle sets the car to Manual mode. That is, as long as you shift within about 30 seconds, because that's when it takes over back to Auto. Driving at highway speeds in 4th, trying to pass but also enjoying that roar becomes short-lived when suddenly I'm in 6th and crusing again. Or downshifting to catch that red light and eagerly waiting for green... to see 'Auto' replace that tantelizing 'M1' that was there 20 seconds ago. Even from a stoplight in Manual, if the car is in Drive instead of Sport, the car shifts well before redline and goes into Auto before you can even try shifting to 2nd. Enough about shifting, I have a few more comments to make. The FM stereo is in HD - hi-def - which I thought would mean better sound. Well, that's if the weak FM antenna can receive the sound. I was losing the most prominent radio stations while within city

Good car but has two major problems

by from Fairburn, Georgia on August 22, 2017

The outside temperature display doesn't work correctly and the auto start stop feature only works when the a.c. and or heat are turned off. Dealer says the start stop feature is working like all other 2017 A4's. If I want to use the start stop feature, I must turn the a.c. off. Sweet

Uses car for Transportingfamily

2017 Audi A4

by from Atlanta, GA on April 4, 2017

This is the best car I have EVER owned. The attention to detail is amazing and the technology package will blow your mind.

Most Fun to Drive Car I Have Ever Owned

by from Austin, TX on August 2, 2017

I purchased my 2017 Audi A4 Quattro a little less than a week ago, and I couldn't be more happy. This car is a blast to drive, and looks good to. Great value as well.

Nice looking and comfortable

by from on April 14, 2017

Inside and out, this is an amazing car. Ride is very comfortable and smooth. Looks amazing inside and outside. Technology comes with it is state of the art. Very happy with my purchase.

Our Expert Review: 2017 Audi A 4