2007 Audi A 6

Love it

by from Highlands Ranch, CO on August 3, 2017

Great power, excellent handling. AWD nice to have in the winter, nice features. Smooth on the highway, and effortless acceleration.

Great drive served family well

by on July 31, 2017

Very comfortable ride, engine drives and feels like the first day i bought it. 4.2 V8 engine! no major issues just normal scheduled maintenance.

Good working conditions

by from Mullica Hill on July 22, 2017

It's a good car and I would love to own this car it has a great look to it clean inside and out it's my favorite
Not Rated Reliability

audi s5

by from accokeek on July 18, 2017

good running car nice ride quite easy to steer lot of truck room good gas mileage sound system is very good nice leather seats and easy to use control overall for cars good leg room in the back
Not Rated Reliability

All Season machine

by from Midland, MI on June 25, 2017

I currently own a 2007 Audi A6 4.2 liter. Pushing out 350 HP and 340 lb of torque this beast makes for one great ride. The upgraded bose sound system is one of the best sounding stock systems I've heard. The exterior all the way to the interior makes others look and appreciate the style and lines. The Quattro AWD system is one of the best in all of the land. You can find older A6 models with the 4.2 in them for barely cheap making this one sweet ride.

Amazing comfortable car

by from Toledo on June 22, 2017

This was a good running vehicle to me . It was the first car i ever bought and when i had to get a new one i was pretty sad. Love this car!

Wonderful car

by from New Jersey on October 28, 2015

I went from an a4 and decided to go into a bigger car. I decided on the 4.2 version because it was 1-2 miles less for the mpg compared to the v6 and much more power. This car is extremely comfortable (I also have a bad back). I don't have any back pain when I'm driving this car. The suspension is great (can be a bit bumpy at times) however it is wonderful. The interior is so luxurious feeling, well crafted and thought out. the MMI system is very easy to use (more than my BMW, which I hate using the nav system in that car). I was very carful in picking this car because of the features which include, Heated steering wheel, auto corner headlights, advanced key, MMI high(Colored instrument cluster, and nav screen) and heated front and rear seats. I always thought "oh you don't need a heated steering wheel or cornering headlights" I was wrong, the headlights are wonderful and really do help, the steering wheel is a god-send in the winter. The only issues I have had with this car are the emergency brake module (typical on this car) which is an easy fix, located in the trunk on the right hand side. I have the expensive ross-tech cable that is made for Audi and enabled many extra features. also I had to replace a wheel bearing. Other than that I have had no issues with this car. The outside does look a bit dated however I fixed that with putting a 2011 front bumper on and a new grill without the license plate holder and this car turns heads. Amazing car, comfortable, a lot of options, and very reliable. However if you get the v8 version and don't do the oil changes yourself then be prepared for about 100 bucks as it takes 9.5QTs of oil and I use full synthetic. Also one issue I have found is if your battery dies you cannot get the key out of the ignition to open the electric trunk, forcing you to crawl threw the back seats (mine were locked) So keep those unlocked and key out of the ignition or it will get locked into the ignition. Learn from my mistake haha.

Great Car with a few exceptions!!!!!

by from Burtonsville, MD on May 23, 2014

I purchased a 2007Audi A6 in 2011. The braking system (catches way to fast), the transmission is slow to catch and acceleration (hesitates before taking off from a stopped position) is very dangerous if crossing traffic. It's very expensive to maintain however, No question the sexiest looking car on the road. Outstanding handling and post 30 mph acceleration. Make sure you test drive to see if the breaking system is going to be an issue - You will get better the longer you drive, but it will remain an issue.

last Audi I will ever buy

by from Mpls., MN on March 11, 2014

I have driven and enjoyed Audis for almost 30 years, but the 2007 A6 4.2 is the worst car I have ever owned. I have just sold the car because of the insane cost of maintaining the car and it was still under 100,000 miles. New a/c, new heads and head gaskets (because Audi decided to no longer produce the gaskets and this was the only way to stop the leaking) new water pump and MMI. I really hated to see this car go, but it was actually cheaper to purchase a brand new Infiniti and have a warranty. I have had previous Audis that ran almost flawlessly for over 200,000 miles and had hoped this car would be the same. With over $10,000 in less than a year in repairs, I could have been driving a Porsche or Ferrari.

Made me convert

by from Cincinnati, OH on December 8, 2012

When I started my search for a car, I thought I would by a BMW. This vehicle is a better performer and offers more features than the 3 or 5 series.

Our Expert Review: 2007 Audi A 6