2014 A6

2014 Audi A6

2014 Audi A6

Have you driven the 2014 Audi A6?

An Exquisite Mid-size Luxury Sedan

by Rone67 from Granger, IN on Sun Feb 23 2014

We reviewed extensively, looked at, and/or test drove every manufacturer's (Mercedes, BMW, Volvo, Acura, Lexus, Infiniti, Cadillac, Lincoln, and Jaguar) entry in the mid-size luxury sedan category. If you want the best overall compromise when it comes to acceleration, handling, ride, quietness, features, price/value, economy, interior/exterior styling, perceived prestige, and reliability - buy the Audi A 6 3.0T Quattro.

Best Car I have owned

by Browser from Boston, MA on Mon Jan 06 2014

After also reviewing and driving the MB E350 and BMW 535, I decided to go with the A6. I have owned the car for about 4 months (3k miles) now and it is the best decision I have made. I was somewhat hesitant about Audi. I am primarily a BMW and Mercedes driver and switch cars about every 3 years. However, this car drove and handled better and more importanly for me: VERY FUN TO DRIVE! Great value for the money and proof that Audi has come a very long way!!!!

TDI Offers Unbelievable Performance & Economy!

by German Afficionado from Champaign, IL on Sat Oct 04 2014

In 2009, the 335d was the most fuel efficient car BMW had ever sold in the United States, and it feels insanely powerful. The A6 TDI is larger, heavier, adds all-wheel drive, and gets significantly better fuel economy. It's quite miraculous, really. One reviewer complained about the overly harsh ride. Compared to a Lincoln Town Car, maybe. Mine has the optional 20" rotor wheels and sport package, and I am absolutely amazed how smooth and compliant the ride is. It is a total comfort cruiser compared to my BMW 335d. Another reviewer complained of the nose-heaviness. I have found no fault with handling dynamics. And my last daily driver was a very sporty BMW with a nearly perfect 49-51 front-rear weight distribution and rear wheel drive. Audi has historically been criticized by serious enthusiasts for understeer associated with the more front biased weight distribution as compared to BMW; however, continued tweaking of the quattro all-wheel drive system (including rear wheel bias and torque vectoring) has brought Audi's handling very much on par with its most direct BMW competitor, the 5 Series. I drove a 2014 BMW 535d shortly before purchasing the A6, and I thought the A6 was a noticeably more athletic feeling car. For those who have never driven a modern clean diesel, you really owe it to yourself to try one before opting for the gas engine. Audi's 3.0T engine has won virtually universal acclaim in the auto press, but the TDI feels more potent (and indeed, actually is quicker in some real life driving situations), while offering a ridiculous advantage in fuel economy I routinely exceed EPA fuel economy figures. Achieving north of 30 MPG in city driving (albeit not stop-and-go, bumper-to-bumper traffic jams) is common, and cruising at 75 MPH has yielded 40 MPG on road trips. My total average fuel economy in my fist year of ownership in very mixed driving is over 33 MPG--an incredible feat for a 4,300 pound all-wheel drive luxury vehicle that sprints from zero to 60 in 5.5 seconds. I had a 2014 A7 as a loaner for a week, putting more than 700 miles on it (and which I reviewed on this site, too). Not only did fuel economy underperform EPA figures (while my diesel overperforms), the engine felt less potent in almost all real world driving situations. With the exception of winding the tachometer to 7,000 RPMs, which most A6 drivers don't do often, all activity that occurs in more normal rev ranges makes the TDI feel MUCH stronger. The rush of torque that pins you to the driver's seat just barely off idle is highly addictive--and conspicuously absent in the gas engine. In response to diesel questions that (mostly older) folks ask me all the time, no objectionable noise, no smell, no cold starting problems, no gelling fuel problems, and no smoke--ever. Yes, the soundtrack is different. It is totally imperceptible at speed. At idle and off the line, there is a distinctly different sort of baritone sound and slightly more engine vibration, but not objectionable. This still feels and sounds like a very sophisticated, refined luxury performance car. I carry adult passengers frequently. They will sometimes ask, when they hear and feel the auto engine start-stop at stop lights, if it is a hybrid. No one ever guessed it was a diesel until I told them, "No, even better, it's a clean diesel, offering much better performance, similar fuel economy, super clean emissions, and no chemical cocktail of lithium ion batteries." Should you buy the diesel? For almost everyone, it is the better performing, more enjoyable, and vastly more fuel efficient choice. You simply must test drive to appreciate. Should you splurge for the mechanically identical, but more distinctive back-end styled, A7? Probably not. As I concluded in my review of that car, which I really wanted to love, most people are better off saving the several thousand dollar premium charged for the A7 and using it for some indulgent options packages on the A6. My A6 is very well eq

Fantastic Car!

by Chicago native from on Sat Aug 23 2014

I have had the Audi A6 Prestige model for about a year and almost 10,000 miles. Coming from a 2010 BMW 535, I can easily say that this is a much better car. With the BMW I had multiple problems at this point in time, but not one with the Audi. I love the interior of the car and especially the LED lights that clearly distinguish that this is an Audi. The ride is a bit firm, but not uncomfortable and the heated and cooled seats are great. The acceleration is also much better than the BMW, which suffered from major turbo lag, while this car doesn't delay at all coming off of the line. Overall, this is one of the best looking and performing cars on the market.

Fantastic car!

by dflanag82 from Denver, Colorado on Mon Aug 07 2017

This has been an amazing car! Even though its the 2.0 engine its got plenty of pickup. Smooth/stylish ride with all the bells and whistle and then some. Incredible performance in snowy conditions.

2014 A6 Prestige 3.0

by jaybee from Virginia Beach, VA on Tue Jun 07 2016

Very very pleased with the car. Based on the 2014 new car reviews I set my eyes on a car that was initially leased. This is the second A6 I bought. Buying from a dealer was a good move, especially for a car in this price range. Extended warranty included. The ride is the best. Handling so firm. Quiet. Tremendous Bose sound. MPG was 33.1 round trip from Virginia Beach to Annapolis along the Eastern Shore - non-interstate- route. Not too shabby for a 3.0 super charged turbo. The eight speed transmission did the trick. The brilliant black was detailed prior to purchase and was new car showroom attractive. Not a ding or scratch except for the curb rub on two wheels.

Amazing car to own and drive!

by Vinny from Bellevue, Washington on Sat Apr 29 2017

I have an Audi A6 2.0 Quattro Premium Plus with the Blind Spot Package, Cold Weather Package and Bose Premium Sound. The car was amazing, I was only able to put another 3,000 miles on it, the car is smooth to drive and has a masculine character and can definitely make a strong impression, great as a business car like a Realtor or Upper Management. Show the prestige.

Too darn bouncy

by Jack from Los Angeles on Sat Apr 19 2014

Car is fast, very fun, comfy seats, cool layout. Now the bad: ITS TOO BOUNCY! TOO STIFF! Yeah, you can feel the road, only problem, is that you can feel EVERYTHING in the road. I hate it. I cannot tell you how uncomfortable it is to drive this daily. I will be trading it in soon. I have NO sport package too. Geez. Wish consumer reports didn't recommend this car. Huge letdown.

Does not recommend this car!!

Not impressed with the drive

by Nita from FL on Tue Feb 11 2014

I drove my husband's Audi A6 today- I was disappointed in the driving experience. It felt unstable because of uneven weight distribution( engine in front of the axle). The car is very quck and responsive, but when you hit breaks it gives a jolt because of heavy fron engine, and lighter body. The driver side is ver narrow, as the ignition button sits on the side- very inconvenient.

Does not recommend this car!!

Great wheels

by WJ from Willow Creek, MT on Fri Jan 24 2014

My third Audi. They get better over the years. My wife drives this car mostly. My third Audi. They get better over the years. My wife drives this car mostly. My third Audi. They get better over the years. My wife drives this car mostly. My third Audi. They get better over the years. My wife drives this car mostly.

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2014 Audi A6

The 2014 Audi A6 2.0T offers a well-rounded luxury experience even in basic trim levels, though it flies under the radar without much flash on the outside.

We're used to automakers giving us pumped-up versions of their cars to test drive, with powerful engines (including a clean-diesel TDI) and huge lists of optional equipment. With its base 220-horsepower engine and plain-Jane appearance, the A6 2.0T I tested was not one of those. With all-wheel drive, a Premium Plus package and a few miscellaneous options, my version's $53,845 as-tested price focused most of the A6's optional equipment inside the well-appointed and high-quality cabin. The A6 starts at $43,995 (all prices include... Read More