Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2011 Q5

4.5

Have You Driven the 2011 Audi Q5?

Great vehicle but...............

by Harleyfxdl from Rockland County, NY on Wed Nov 10 2010

I just bought a Q5 for my wife and the vehicle is everything we expected except for the rear hatch. My wife is 5' tall and has the hardest time closing the hatch. One would think a luxury vehicle north of $40k would have, at the very least, a leather strap hanging down to assist in closing the hatch. Other than that one complaint, we love the vehicle.

Best Luxury Sport utility Available

by Impressed from Santa Barbara, CA on Fri Jul 22 2011

I traded a Porsche Cayenne for a 2011 Q5 3.2 and absolutely love this care. The comfort, handling, performance and utility of this car is truly magnificent! This SUV is very quiet, smooth and powerful when driving in the city or on the highway - much more refined than a friends new Cadillac SRX (that I also considered) or the BMW X3. Resale value of this car is also the best in class with minimal depreciation in the first 24 months. I highly recommend this vehicle!

by Love my Audi from Boise, Idaho on Mon Aug 01 2011

The new Q5 is remarkable! One of my favorite options is the Bang Olufsen 14 speaker stereo system (except for Audi this sound system is found in the Aston Martin, Mercedes AMG and BMW 6 series). It is a wonderful surround sound system that makes any commute a joy! I also enjoy the power and smoothness of the 3.2 V6 - very refined. When I began my search for an all wheel drive vehicle that is versatile, luxurious yet fun to drive I looked at allot of vehicles (ML350, Lexus RX, BMW X5, Cadillac SRX & Escalade and Infinity to name a few). In the end the Q5 proved to have the best all wheel drive system and the best balance of performance, luxury, value and sheer enjoyment to drive of the bunch! I'm averaging 21 mpg in local driving and 26 mpg on the interstate!

Great vehicle

by H5 from Philadelphia, PA on Sat Sep 17 2011

I purchased the Q5 back in May 2011 with the 2.0T. I love this car. Great fit and finish. I had a2008 MDX before and it does not come close to the driving feel of the Q5. The premium plus has all the options you need. The bluetooth works great. The radio takes getting use to, but having 50 presets is awesome. I can't wait to drive it in the snow. If you are looking at the RDX or BMW X3 look no further the Q5 has all the options at the right price. I wish Audi would bring over the TDI version.

Great SUV

by audi owner from south Florida on Thu Dec 02 2010

Have had the auto for 4 months--handles great, smooth transmission, about 4 inches shorter than our Lexus SUV 22 miles tothe gallon.

Only audi

by I hate buying cars from Boston on Sat Dec 04 2010

Love my Audi!! Took getting used to an SUV but love the extra space and being higher. There a couple little things I need to go back to dealership to have fixed but they are minor.

So far I love this Q5

by luvcars from Northern Virginia on Sun Apr 03 2011

This is my first CUV and first German car. It is my 15th car over 34 years of driving, my last two were Acura's. I looked at the RDX but didn't love the styling. It has some great features and ease of use, as Acura's do. I just wanted something different this time and fell in love with the Q5 in a matter of minutes. So far it has exceeded expectations. I love the 2.0t, it feels like a much larger engine. Plenty of power and pretty decent on gas for Quattro. My mileage is about what the EPA estimates are. Mixed driving(60/40%city = 24.5) It is very easy to drive and feels and looks expensive. When you open the door, the interior is warm and inviting. The huge sunroof is fantastic. My only complaint is the radio and controls (mine is without Nav) are a little too multi-step. Some of the controls are jammed into one button or stalk that is doing many tasks making it difficult to figure out without resorting to the owners manual. Other features are easy to use and well placed and the layout is nicely done. I love the red interior night lighting, LED daytime running lights and LED tail lamps and signals. A great design detail and also a safety feature. An annoyance is you have to pay extra for chrome exhaust tips on the 2.0t; they should be standard. The same can be said for a back-up camera which is lacking on non-Nav models. Since I have no experience with Audi reliability, I hope it will be good. After 3 months though I am still thrilled to get behind the wheel and drive.

What a great car!

by Q5 Fan from SoCal on Wed Jun 22 2011

What an awesome car! Looks great, runs great. Audi knows how to build cars, that's for sure! The whole family loves it. It does come with a price though but now we know why - German Engineering at its best!

Amazing vehicle

by Ex Jet Jock from Springfield, IL on Thu Mar 24 2011

Purchased it with the Prestige Pkg. Checked out all the vehicles in this class. Though one of the more expensive vehicles in its class when fully equipped no other SUV in its class measured up to the Q5's combination of performance, features, style, and luxury. Expected good handling from an Audi. This Q5 exceeded expectations. The MMI and sound system are fantastic. Definitely recommend the Q5.

Rough ride but overall a nice car

by Kidi from Bethesda, MD. July 2011 from Maryland on Wed Jul 13 2011

I drove my AUDI Q5 3.2 for about a month and I got into an accident. My AUDI saved my life because I was hit by a big truck. Not only this car is very luxurious, furthermost very safe. A huge moonroof has a net underneath that increases ventilation while blocking extra glare. The nav system is very sophisticated although not easy to use at first. The rear camera is a plus with the sensors warning when an objet is too close. The downside is the exterior mirrors size that can block the visibility on the sides. Otherwise, the Q5 AUDI is an impressive machine with a great style.

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2011 Audi Q5

Editor's note: This review was written in March 2010 about the 2010 Audi Q5. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2011, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

There are large, comfy SUVs that are made to haul large families to idyllic picnics in the countryside. You can just see them parked under a tree while sunbeams shine down, birds sing and an angel plays a harp.

On the other side of the valley, where snow falls, thunder booms and all hell breaks loose, the Audi Q5 is quite at home cruising down the road, thank you very much. I got to test a 2010 Q5 during a snowy, wet, nasty week, and I found it equal to the task. It... Read More