2011 S5

2011 Audi S5

2011 Audi S5

5 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 2011 Audi S5?

Amazing technology

by 11SSSSS from Arlington, VA on Sat Mar 19 2011

This car is pretty amazing, just about everything about it is positive, so here are the negatives: 1) power to fuel economy ratio is horrible. This gets worse gas mileage than just about any sports car out there. 15 gallons will get you about 180 miles in mixed highway/stoplight traffic. 2) power - the vehicle looks so fast and feels ok, but it's not as quick as it should be. about 350 hp and awd keeps it somewhat close to a BMW 335i. M3s walk it. The exhaust note is gorgeous, never never get the turbo 6 cylinder because you lose that beautiful exhaust sound. 3) headlight washers - are you kidding me, who thought this one up??? if your lights are on this will cover your (hopefully not freshly washed) car in windshield wiper fluid. turn the lights off before you even go near the wiper button. even if you just barely tap it to get a little bit of water on the windshield you'll hear the dreaded pump turn on and see the spray of an hour's lost time washing your car. 4) sunroof - it doesnt slide open, just barely lifts a bit. pretty disappointing coming from an M3 where it slides all the way back. that said, not a huge deal. It also holds some water after you wash the car, depositing it on your driver or passenger side window on the next right or left turn. 5) electronic parking brake - afraid for the day this fails. 6) back seat - the trunk has a ton of room at the expense of your passengers. Unless they have no legs they will be very uncomfortable. . . now the positives... 1) all of the tech in the car, the 3D building in navigation, easy bluetooth phone setup, well done ipod integration, minimal buttons with maximum functionality on the steering wheel, easy to learn MMI. 2) style - the car is just amazing in person and draws looks and comments everywhere. 3) resale value - look it up, won't find a better return on 1-3 year ownership and get as much enjoyment out of it. 4) sound system - the bang and olufson upgraded system is amazing. not for the radio which isn't bad, but the SD cards can hold many GB of your music and copy it to the juke box which appears to be a hard drive somewhere in the car. songs played off the SD card or jukebox sound amazing, so loud, clear, and exactly as they should sound. Does not sound like I'm listening in a car. 4) everything else about the car, the alcantara inserts, heated seats that warm up fast, tons of trunk space, all wheel drive, keyless entry and touch the handle to lock, buttery smooth leather on the steering wheel etc. why did I give it 4 stars? It comes down to the lack of power for the money and the gas mileage. if they gave it more like 420-450 hp and bumped the gas mileage up to maybe 17-18mpg it would be perfect. All it needs is a turbo. I would pay another $5k for a turbo (with the warranty)

AUDI S5 4.2 V8

by DTM GUY from Denver on Wed Jul 15 2015

This is the best car i have ever owned. I have owned from Porsche's, BMW's and Mercedes and nothing comes close. The s5 design is the most beautiful i have ever seen. The interior is excellent. Love it

Best all around car in segment.

by Slim from Los gatos CA on Mon Apr 30 2012

The car has cat like qualities. Silky transmission Variable suspension and steering. Plenty of leg Room in the front. I'm 6'3". A true GT feeling with incredible bed side manners. I can't stop staring at its gorgeous lines. Love the Prestige package. Saved a bundle buying a slightly used model and will hold its resale nicely from what Ive seen. If you can find one at a discount pull te trigger. Audi will sell you a full maintenance 4year-50k miles or $850. A no brainer.

Nobody called back

by Ryergti from Canandaigua on Tue Feb 12 2013

Went to several sites for info on the M3 through Cars.com but nobody called or emailed us back. Bought a 2011 S5 couldn't be happier. What an awsome auto. Maybe you can't toss it around as much as the M3 but try to run with me in the snow! This IS our new ski mobile!

Audi S5 2011

by Audi Lover from Tyler, TX on Sun Jan 23 2011

I love the car overall. The amount of comments I get about the car is amazing. I do not like the fuel economy, but it is a V8. There is slight lag with gear changes at lower RPM. Otherwise, the care is like liquid paint when it rolls down the street.

My S5 makes me SMILE!

by AudiSmiles from Fort called Worth on Mon Jul 02 2012

Purchased used with 5620 on the clock, it looks and acts brand new. Gorgeous car, I am often stopped in parking lots or addressed by folks at lights, who comment on how beautiful this car is: one young lady said "You look SO GREAT in that forever young sport's car!" While in "Comfort" setting, getting 24-26 on my commute (no fwy miles here) and smiling all the way to work and back. But I can select "dynamic" and presto-chango, I'm rocking a performance car that can handle more than I can throw its way and I am grinning happily as I romp thru the curves and power out with the quattro and sports differential keeping me tracking like it was on rails! Top down, the rear wind deflector actually works, and my long red haired beautiful spouse has no issues with hair whipping or split ends. Operates below 30mph and takes 15 seconds. QUIET with the top up! Rear seats are comfortable for persons under 6 feet and the trunk holds 3 rolling bags - great for trips. Sound system is a treat! 2 SD card slots, and an I-pod cable, plus CD and AM/FM/Sirius radio.

Best all around athlete I've ever owned (tops GTR)

by vndrbk09 from Boise, ID on Tue Nov 21 2017

I have owned 13 cars. The most notable 4 being this Audi S5, a 2010 Nissan GTR, a 2013 Porsche 981S (Boxster/Cayman S), and a 2013 BMW Z4 sDrive35i. The S5 has a JHM tune for 375hp, the GTR was tuned for 700hp, the Porsche was stock at 315hp, and the BMW tuned for 425hp. Needless to say, all 4 of these cars were smoking fast. However, I must say that the S5 is the best all around athlete. It is not the fastest (GTR and BMW faster), but it is plenty quick enough. It doesn't handle like the Porsche, but it handles VERY well (I've got upgraded sway bar and end links plus the Sports Differential package). It gets more looks and complements than any of the other cars. It's exhaust is invigorating. And the interior is extremely classy. I like this car more than any car I've owned. You can't beat it's all around performance, looks, reliability, and luxury.

Just the car i wanted

by Varun from Rochester Hills MI on Fri Jun 23 2017

The Car is fun to drive, ample power and when you need it. Excellent exterior styling, throaty V8 with an amazing sound. fabulous interiors with comfortable and gripping sports seats.

Perfect combination of luxury, style & performance

by Bulldawg from Memphis on Wed Jul 11 2018

I have driven a lot of nice luxury sports cars and this Audi S5 is the best combination of all of the aspects style, performance and luxury within my reach. I love this car and the way it looks, handles and accelerates!

Crazy attention getter!

by Wyzard from Bristow, VA on Fri Apr 15 2011

Amazing car! First off, this car wasn't even on my radar when I was in the market to buy a luxury sports car. I don't know why, but I think I just assumed it was out of my price range and I didn't even look. So, I set my eyes on a couple cars. The BMW 335I, Audi A5 and the Jaguar XF. I was after good performance, lots of bells and whistles and all wheel drive. This left me with the BMW. Jag had some reliability concerns, and the Audi A5 didn't have the performance I was looking for. Unfortunately, when you chose the ix model, you lose the ability to chose some of the better styling options like certian wheel choices and such, so my build didn't look like I wanted. So I dropped the AWD option and started looking at the 335is. Little better performance and better styling but the price creeped up. At this point, totally on a whim, I decided to check out Audi's S models. Enter the Audi S5. On paper it was perfect. AWD, V8 with awesome performance and a Godly sound and feel, and a few more options than the 335is and cost about the same after adding all the options to the 335 that tha audi comes with by default. So, I went for a test drive. It was love at first sight! From a styling standpoint, it was hands down better looking than the BWM or Jag. It's also more rare. I see BMWs everywhere. They are a dime a dozen. It's very rare to see an S5 on the road. I've only seen 2 in the 5000 miles I've so far put on this car, and never seen one on the road previous to owning one. The test drive was awesome. I test drove a Stick, but ultimately went with the Automatic becuse I live the the DC area and traffic can get bad. After driving a stick here for 5 years, my clutch foot was tired of it. The seats were very comfortable and the side bolsters kept you much more snug than the BMW. The Alcantara seats and beautiful and feel great. They clean way easier than I thought they would. I have black leather seats with white Alcantara inserts. Spilled coffee on them once, and it comes out with a clean cloth and light water very easily. Also speaking of drinks, the cupholders in the Audi are FAR better than the BWM. Might as well not even have them in the BMW, pretty worthless. Anyway, Comfort, sound, feel, performance, looks and cool gadgets won me over. The Audi MMI is way better than the BMW Idrive. I find it much easier to use. I also upgraded to the Bang and Olefsen sound system and it's totally worth the extra cost. Now, the BMW did have more room in the back than the S5. But, I don't really care much about the back seat. I've had friends back there and they are pretty cramped and the front becomse a bit cramped because you have to scoot the seats up so far to give them leg room. I just consider it a 2 seater now and that is fine by me. The front has more room than the BMW with no one in back. I felt a little claustrophobic in the BMW while driving. Seems things were too close to me and I couldn't adjust out of it. No such problem with the Audi. It felt great. As far as performance, not a lot of cars can push 0-60 in under 5 seconds and most of those that can are way outta this price range, or just not even close to the luxury class. As far as Gas milage is concerned, it's really not bad for a V8. So far, during my comutes to and from work, a mix of Highway and City driving I average 21MGP per tank. Now, whien i'm 100% around town I'm 15-17 just like every other V8 sportscar on the market. Longer trips i've seen 26mpg. Just like you can get in other V8 sports cars too. This car has a wow factor. I get stares constantly. On the road, at the store, at the gas pump. There is always someone looking it over. It's certianly very eye catching.

1 2 3