2001 Audi Tt

Love Hate Relationship

by from Catskill Mountains, NY on November 17, 2009

I bought my 2001 TT Quatro convertible new. It had all kinds of problems which were fixed under warranty. But I love it - it handles well, drives smoothly, feels like a heavy, expensive car. Last year I put $5000 into it which I wasn't happy with at all. The instrument panel went bad -$2,000 to replace (I missed the recall by 1 day and the dealership wouldn't help), then something busted which broke the timing belt which broke a bunch of other things - it was in the garage for 6 weeks and cost me $3000. It still looks new and gets a lot of attention.

Fast and Fun!

by from Hayden Lake ID on July 20, 2009

Fantastic driving machine! However, expensive to maintain! Gauge pod went out - $850 and turns out to be very common. Eats mass air sensors, and has a problem with the traction program ($$$) BUT handles a winding road like a dream!

Great Car!!!

by from Florida on August 10, 2010

Bought a 2001 Audi TT coupe recently, and it is worth every penny! A great car, with AMAZING MPGs! A great buy for anyone.

beauty & the beast

by from Oceanside, Ca. on July 5, 2011

I owned a blue Audi tt Quattro for > 10yrs. Love how it looks & handles. a CPU chip increased the performance immensly. Got it mainly to transport my string Bass.(Yes it fits!)My other car is a Lotus Elise,so I KNOW handling.Well maintained, but lots of costly repairs over the years. Yeah, the glove box lock broke off, & the instrument panel faded. Terminal event:Someone towed it incorrectly & the engine fell off the motor mount & crushed the timing belt.It was never the same after that. So sad. Thought we would grow old together.

most wonderful car i've ever had

by from Colorado springs,CO on January 7, 2008

I have had my 01 TT for about 2 years now. Its comfortable, fully loaded and a blast to drive! This car is a tank in bad weather, I drive it year round and have never had a tough time or bad experience in any weather.

Be prepared to spend $$$ as it ages!

by from Franklin, TN on January 16, 2008

I bought my Quattro '01 TT Coupe with 8800 miles on it. It has been one fun ride. When this black beauty is cleaned up, it attracts attention. The car handles well and begs to be driven on twisty mountain two-lanes. Normal maintenance is something we should expect, but recently the handle broke off the glove box ... something I very rarely use. No problem...just get a new handle, right? Uh uh...Audi says a whole new glove box assembly is required ... for $748 plus labor! The time and date display now begins each day at July 1, 1998. That is another $800 fix. So, yes, it's a fun ride. And YES, it's a quirky car. Ken Franklin, TN

fun car, lousy company

by from cinti on July 30, 2013

as other reviewers have noticed, there are MANY reliability issues that should not plague a 40-50K car. my '01 has only 40,000 miles but has required new heat shield and exhaust clamps, front and rear sway bar links, new ball joints, new axle boots, a new top (the glass/fabric bond failed), and a new glove box because a $20 latch with a plastic connection broke.

Awesome Ride

by from NC on May 15, 2013

Holds the corners like a dream. GREAT acceleration. Seats fit like a glove still comfy after 3+ hrs on the road.

GREAT CAR

by from Bal Harbour, Fl on February 15, 2012

Have had my Silver 2001 Audi TT Quattro for 3 years now with no problems. It has been an excellent car. Put 18 inch wheels on it and people stop to tell me how nice it looks and ask if it is new. No problems with any of the things people commonly complain about. I looked for a well maintained TT, with all service records and have had zero problems. Car looks, handles and runs far above my expectations. Fuel economy is great and HP is well above any other vehicle in it's class.

awsum

by from IL on June 25, 2007

this car is awsum i luv it so much and it has a good price. but i cant wait till the 2008 TT comes out

Our Expert Review: 2001 Audi Tt