2004 325

2004 BMW 325

2004 BMW 325

Have You Driven the 2004 BMW 325?

Great performance, value and reliability

by Love my 325xi from Upstate NY on Mon Nov 12 2012

I have owned my 2004 325xi for over a year now and I can't say enough about it. It has great styling on the outside and understated elegance on the inside. Under the hood, the in-line six delivers smooth, hesitation-free power at the tap of the gas pedal. Moving off the on ramp onto the freeway and I'm going 55 to 85 in a blink of an eye. The connection between the engine and transmission is an engineering marvel; the shifting is flawless and the transfer of power is immediate. I bought it with only 42,000 miles on it and have added 10,000 over the past year. I've rotated the tires, changed the oil and that's it. On back country roads I get 26-27 mpg and on the highway I get 30-31 (at an avg 70mph.) It helps to get the great gas mileage as you must use premium in the car. Don't listen to anyone who says you can get away with midgrade; it's just not true. Ask any mechanic and they'll tell you the same. I've owned many cars over the years, but have never had one like this that makes you smile every time you turn the key and start driving; it's a thrill you just don't get tired of... Thank you, BMW.

Loving the Bimmer

by Bimmer Lover from Knoxville, TN on Tue May 11 2010

I've had my 325Ci for about a month now and will never look back. I regret not getting the larger engine because of the horsepower difference, but other than that, I have no complaints. The car handles beautifully, and gives me the ability to tightly take corners without worry of it not holding the turn. By far the most fun car I've owned, and is a big change from the Infinity Q45 and the GMC Yukon that I've owned previously, and great on gas, great on looks. The convertible is nice just in time for the summer and is wonderful. The thing that I like most about the BMW 3 series line is that most people can't tell what year it is since BMW hasn't changed body styles drastically within the past couple of years which is a definite plus.

best engineered car that I have owned

by freddy faster from Morton, IL. on Mon Sep 10 2012

Our other car Is a 2003 Buick Park Avenue- Ultra. This car has very rarely been driven in snow and always kept in the garage in winter. Under the car it looks like a rusty bucket while the outside is in showroom condition. I have ( 8 ) coats of Mothers paste wax on the outside under the hood and trunk lid. My ( BMW ) has minute rusting. Now the car makers don't understand why more people are buying cars made in Korea-Japan -Germany- ect. Also my ( BMW ) Is only I year newer than the Buick. I know a person in Bloomington IL. that has a ( BMW ) and has registered 225.000 miles on It.

Very nice bmw 2004 bmw 325xi

by bmw lover--now from winton salem nc on Fri Dec 04 2015

I never give a 5 star to anything but this car is pretty close. I bought it in 2014 with 24,000 miles from 80 year old lady who took good care of it...Had to replace tires as they were original and for piece of mind, I replace the serpentine belt, thermostat and water pump, Since then, I put 25,00 miles on it . I have had no problems with the car and it is a "joy" to drive it. I was not sure I wanted or needed an "xi" but now I have it, I feel really good in snow and rain. The only issue I have with the car is when I don;t make a full stop when slowing down and then apply the gas, the car seem to delay a bit a jerk into acceleration. Just a little annoying and frankly, do not know what to do about it so...I leave it and live with it. Other than that, great car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a Car!

by agman74 from Roseville, CA on Sun Aug 05 2012

Amazing car to drive in every way. Handling is awesome and great power for the engine size. You have to drive one to really understand why people love them so much.

Very Rare and Extremely well Kept

by dibblem3 from Orlando, FL on Sun Jul 01 2018

I've always been a fan of BMW and their early models are a testament to great design and craftsmanship! This car was purchased new in Sarasota and garage kept. Maintenance was either performed at the dealer or at a franchise car repair facility. Everything on this car works including the very rare navigation system! These 325s have a great reliability factor as I've had them with as many as 210k miles and they always got me there in comfort and safety! For the money you can't find a better value!

All weather Convertible, I drive it all year!

by luckeydave from Denver on Sun Jul 29 2018

This car was an affordable convertible for me. I loved it. I have had it for 4 years. I commute to work in it, I drive it all year. Yes, even in the snow. With snow tires, it handles great in the snow! Top down any time the temp is above 55 degrees, which is a lot in Colorado!

my dream car

by riot from Petersburg, VA on Sat May 05 2018

this car is a fun drive with the manual transmission and convertible top being down. i look forward every day to driving this car. haven't had any mechanical issues as yet, but i have an excellent mechanic on standby just so i wont have to go to a dealership and pay dealership costs.

GREAT sporty, reliable, AWD car ever owned

by BMWF33N from New York on Sat Apr 10 2010

I have a 2004 Alpine White BMW 325xi (Cold Package) that I brought in September 2007 with 46k miles. I now have almost 69k miles (2 1/2 years later) and the car is in such good condition. The DSC (Dynamic stability control) is such a pleasure to have. It helped me so much in the snow storms here in new york. I never have ever got stuck in it and never slided. The heated seats are so nice to have on cold days. The handling on a bmw is beyond anything I have ever driven. Its stiff and makes it feel like your hugging the road. It has such nice cornering like you wouldnt believe it. I guess thats why they say its the Ultimate Driving Machine. I have never had a major mechanical problem with my car EVER! Yes you have to replace brakes, wipers, tires etc but that is common. They are also expensive to repair if you dont have a warrenty like me because mine expired last year. I have spent overall at least 4k on maintance since owning this car. Oil changes are expensive (if you use good syntheic oil every 5k miles). Try googling MOD parts for your BMW if you want to do it your self because its alot cheaper. Overall I love my bimmer and I wouldnt trade it for anything. My e46 will be with me untill it dies or I die lol. Note: Be prepared for expensive repairs if you go without a warrenty. Other than that like my title says GREAT sporty, reliable, AWD ever OWNED!

Exceptional Automobile

by Bimmer from Tampa, FL on Tue Aug 24 2010

I always had wanted a BMW. Never did I imagine it would be this exciting. I love driving to work everyday, and the grocery store, gas station, or just for the fun of it. Despite being a 2004, people still think I drive a new BMW. It is a V6 with 185hp, but has the torque to get this thing moving. If you are looking for a race car, look elsewhere. But if you are looking for a car that makes you feel like you are in the autobahn, then this is for you. Handling and braking are uncomparable. Gas mileage is great! Maintenance can be pricey if the car isn't properly cared for. All in all, a great great car.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2004 BMW 325

BMW 325xi

The Werks and I have had our differences. For instance, I think some of the newer cars -- the Z4, X3 and 5-series sedans -- are ugly enough to unknit the fabric of space-time. They point to the company's effortlessly rising sales figures and direct me to the nearest rolling doughnut.

Reasonable minds may disagree.

But when it comes to the BMW 325xi Sports Wagon, the boys from Bavaria and I come to terms: This is a superb car, as smooth as a mink glove, satisfying and well-rounded, polished and competent to the marrow.

The current 3-series generation is several years old, but the car doesn't feel dated so much as well sorted. Compared to the alienating instrumentation of... Read More