2004 325

4.7 out of 5 starsExterior Styling
4.5 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.4 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.3 out of 5 starsReliability

Great performance, value and reliability

by Love my 325xi from Upstate NY on November 12, 2012

I have owned my 2004 325xi for over a year now and I can't say enough about it. It has great styling on the outside and understated elegance on the inside. Under the hood, the in-line six delivers smooth, hesitation-free power at the tap of the gas pedal. Moving off the on ramp onto the freeway and I'm going 55 to 85 in a blink of an eye. The connection between the engine and transmission is an engineering marvel; the shifting is flawless and the transfer of power is immediate. I bought it with only 42,000 miles on it and have added 10,000 over the past year. I've rotated the tires, changed the oil and that's it. On back country roads I get 26-27 mpg and on the highway I get 30-31 (at an avg 70mph.) It helps to get the great gas mileage as you must use premium in the car. Don't listen to anyone who says you can get away with midgrade; it's just not true. Ask any mechanic and they'll tell you the same. I've owned many cars over the years, but have never had one like this that makes you smile every time you turn the key and start driving; it's a thrill you just don't get tired of... Thank you, BMW.

Loving the Bimmer

by Bimmer Lover from Knoxville, TN on May 11, 2010

I've had my 325Ci for about a month now and will never look back. I regret not getting the larger engine because of the horsepower difference, but other than that, I have no complaints. The car handles beautifully, and gives me the ability to tightly take corners without worry of it not holding the turn. By far the most fun car I've owned, and is a big change from the Infinity Q45 and the GMC Yukon that I've owned previously, and great on gas, great on looks. The convertible is nice just in time for the summer and is wonderful. The thing that I like most about the BMW 3 series line is that most people can't tell what year it is since BMW hasn't changed body styles drastically within the past couple of years which is a definite plus.

Very nice bmw 2004 bmw 325xi

by bmw lover--now from winton salem nc on December 4, 2015

I never give a 5 star to anything but this car is pretty close. I bought it in 2014 with 24,000 miles from 80 year old lady who took good care of it...Had to replace tires as they were original and for piece of mind, I replace the serpentine belt, thermostat and water pump, Since then, I put 25,00 miles on it . I have had no problems with the car and it is a "joy" to drive it. I was not sure I wanted or needed an "xi" but now I have it, I feel really good in snow and rain. The only issue I have with the car is when I don;t make a full stop when slowing down and then apply the gas, the car seem to delay a bit a jerk into acceleration. Just a little annoying and frankly, do not know what to do about it so...I leave it and live with it. Other than that, great car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

best engineered car that I have owned

by freddy faster from Morton, IL. on September 10, 2012

Our other car Is a 2003 Buick Park Avenue- Ultra. This car has very rarely been driven in snow and always kept in the garage in winter. Under the car it looks like a rusty bucket while the outside is in showroom condition. I have ( 8 ) coats of Mothers paste wax on the outside under the hood and trunk lid. My ( BMW ) has minute rusting. Now the car makers don't understand why more people are buying cars made in Korea-Japan -Germany- ect. Also my ( BMW ) Is only I year newer than the Buick. I know a person in Bloomington IL. that has a ( BMW ) and has registered 225.000 miles on It.

What a Car!

by agman74 from Roseville, CA on August 5, 2012

Amazing car to drive in every way. Handling is awesome and great power for the engine size. You have to drive one to really understand why people love them so much.

Very Rare and Extremely well Kept

by dibblem3 from Orlando, FL on July 1, 2018

I've always been a fan of BMW and their early models are a testament to great design and craftsmanship! This car was purchased new in Sarasota and garage kept. Maintenance was either performed at the dealer or at a franchise car repair facility. Everything on this car works including the very rare navigation system! These 325s have a great reliability factor as I've had them with as many as 210k miles and they always got me there in comfort and safety! For the money you can't find a better value!

my dream car

by riot from Petersburg, VA on May 5, 2018

this car is a fun drive with the manual transmission and convertible top being down. i look forward every day to driving this car. haven't had any mechanical issues as yet, but i have an excellent mechanic on standby just so i wont have to go to a dealership and pay dealership costs.

GREAT sporty, reliable, AWD car ever owned

by BMWF33N from New York on April 10, 2010

I have a 2004 Alpine White BMW 325xi (Cold Package) that I brought in September 2007 with 46k miles. I now have almost 69k miles (2 1/2 years later) and the car is in such good condition. The DSC (Dynamic stability control) is such a pleasure to have. It helped me so much in the snow storms here in new york. I never have ever got stuck in it and never slided. The heated seats are so nice to have on cold days. The handling on a bmw is beyond anything I have ever driven. Its stiff and makes it feel like your hugging the road. It has such nice cornering like you wouldnt believe it. I guess thats why they say its the Ultimate Driving Machine. I have never had a major mechanical problem with my car EVER! Yes you have to replace brakes, wipers, tires etc but that is common. They are also expensive to repair if you dont have a warrenty like me because mine expired last year. I have spent overall at least 4k on maintance since owning this car. Oil changes are expensive (if you use good syntheic oil every 5k miles). Try googling MOD parts for your BMW if you want to do it your self because its alot cheaper. Overall I love my bimmer and I wouldnt trade it for anything. My e46 will be with me untill it dies or I die lol. Note: Be prepared for expensive repairs if you go without a warrenty. Other than that like my title says GREAT sporty, reliable, AWD ever OWNED!

Exceptional Automobile

by Bimmer from Tampa, FL on August 24, 2010

I always had wanted a BMW. Never did I imagine it would be this exciting. I love driving to work everyday, and the grocery store, gas station, or just for the fun of it. Despite being a 2004, people still think I drive a new BMW. It is a V6 with 185hp, but has the torque to get this thing moving. If you are looking for a race car, look elsewhere. But if you are looking for a car that makes you feel like you are in the autobahn, then this is for you. Handling and braking are uncomparable. Gas mileage is great! Maintenance can be pricey if the car isn't properly cared for. All in all, a great great car.

Classic BMW...the True Way BMW's were Meant to be.

by BMW Fan from California on July 28, 2011

I just purchased a 2004 BMW 325i SULEV Sedan with 58K miles. The model is a base unit...not a lot of the fancy trim and features. Steptronic automatic, and a power moonroof were the added options that came with the car. I love the car a lot so far, (it even still smells new with that wonderful BMW interior sports-car type of scent). I'm glad I purchased a BMW without a lot of the bells and whistles that are known to go out on these cars. The inline 6 cylinder engine sounds great and provides remarkably smooth power (a benefit of inline design engineering), and the handling is superb for a family sedan, due to its near 50/50 weight distribution and rear-wheel drive design. Although 184hp is not a lot of power, it is adequate for the size of the car being only 176 inches long. BMW has some of the best brake and suspension systems in its car class. The car rides stiff but is refined over bumps and on the highway due to its independent suspension. It handles windy roads with sure-footedness. The interior is remarkably quiet and the steering is tight with a connected feel to the road, especially due to adaptive steering which changes based on the speed of the vehicle. I prefer the classic BMW design of the E46 model compared to the newer E90's which made a huge departure from the classic styling cues BMW's of previous years have had...especially the interior which doesn't nearly look as smooth flowing as the E46 design. However, overall intuitive design of this particular German car maker compared to others is attractive. From the footwell lighting, to the angled radio/climate control panel, you get a feeling there was a lot of thought process in designing this car with the driver always in mind. BMW even includes a flashlight that automatically charges inside the glove box, and they include a full size spare tire for the E46 models...just some added features that other car makers just don't do anymore. Again...BMW's really are "drivers" cars, with luxury as a secondary element. Regarding the engine and drivetrain reliability, I have heard they are outstanding. However, there could be problems with electrical and other faulty issues after 60K, such as window regulators, rear brake lights burning out due to faulty wiring, and cooling system problems. However, I have heard these are more prevalent in the earlier E46 models from 1999 through 2002 and hopefully by driving conservatively & keeping up on the maintenance, I will avoid the above. Yes. They can be expensive to maintain and repair. The car takes synthetic oil and premium fuel. Everything is relative, however, because these cars have a computer that bases Oil Service/Inspection I/Inspection II on how the car is driven and how much fuel is used rather than by standard 5k, 15k service intervals. For example, if you drive more agressively in a BMW, expect to reach the 15,500 mile computer monitored service intervals sooner than if you drive conservatively. But these cars are not built like other manufacturers, so people do drive them more agressively than other cars because you get a feel that there is substance in the materials and overall build-quality. When you close a door, it doesn't sound tinny like in some Japanese or American made vehicles. After all, the 325i is really built for the German Autobahn, so it has to be a solid car to withstand the demands of a true European driving experience on a no speed limit highway. We'll see how well my car holds up in the coming years...but so far...for a 7 1/2 year old vehicle...it's built like no other car I've owned before, and I'm anticipating it will be a fun car to drive.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7