Sporty Performance Machine

by from tampa, fl on April 5, 2010

I purchased a pre-owned 2006 BMW 325i with sport and performance package. The car handles and performs exceptionally. I was impressed when driving the vehicle up to 100mph felt as smooth and comfortable as driving 60mph. The interior is very well laid out and intuitive. The run flat tires ride loud and rough, otherwise, everything else about the vehicle gets two thumbs up.

very contradictory car

by from phila, pa on February 4, 2012

I've owned a 2006 325xi for a year now. Its not that reliable even though its german built and its has just 65000 on it. most of all i don't like small issues that are very annoying: sticking door handles, buttons(all of them!!) 2 times had to replace parts that are connected to spark plugs(don't know how they are called) so spark didn't get electricity and piston wouldn't work and the car started shaking like crazy, very annoying and disapointing. the part cost $60, very easy to fix, but you can imagine what it would cost at the dealership. and this vanos is very expensive to fix too. good things are styling, fuel consumption for a 3L engine is very good, handling, and its very quiet on a highway. but for all this you overpay. and its not spacious at all, especially in the back, but it's more of a race luxury car then a family sedan. so if you don't have spare money for expensive frequent fixes, and want more space choose smthng else, or look for a bmw with fewer miles. i'm getting rid of mine!!

Great looking car.

by from VIRGINIA on April 11, 2013

Excellent car, only one advice. Buy with a warranty,very expensive parts and labor. I got it for my son, a 325 i with 80 k. Got a 3 months bumper to bumper warranty (off market) In the second day the car overheat and shut down, we didn't know if it was the water pump or the thermostat. And in order to get to the thermostat you need to take the water pump. Warranty covers the water pump but not the thermostat. Also an emission problem but since the factory warranty covers until 80 k or 8 years, not covered. The rest so far impeccable,but be aware that is a very very fast car (3.0 engine)

One Terrific 2006 325cic

by from Rocky Mountains on February 23, 2012

I purchased this vehicle pre-owned but with low miles. I have owned several convertibles before I purchased a BMW and I must say that this BMW is the best purchase that I have ever made. I've owned this car for 2 years and 3 months yet I don't have any complaints. I purchased an extended warranty with the car, I wouldn't recommend buying a BMW without one. This car has gone into the shop for warranty work but nothing major. That is, unless a window regulator or fog light is a major issue to you. I love the performance of this vehicle in the winding mountain roads. It's very sure-footed and fun to drive. The active headlights make the dark turns a lot less nightmare-ish because they illuminate the turns before you reach them. With the top up, this BMW keeps the outside noise...well...outside. When the top is down with the windows also, the noise isn't kept outside so much, but then, why did you purchase a convertible in the first place? All in all, I agree with BMW's "The Ultimate Driving Machine."

Best sports sedan

by from Seattle on April 16, 2012

BMW knows how to build great cars. I love my 3 series, it's so comfortable and I feel very safe in it. I could have asked for more. Very good gas mileage for the amount of power this car has.

Luxury, Comfort and WOW on Performance

by from Moorestown, NJ on March 8, 2009

Talk about hugging the road and get up and gone! Leather seats are exceptional quality and comfortable with power lumbar support. Technology and toys for the driver keep the car in the "fun" zone day after day. Pro logic sound is unbelievable and the xenon headlamps make night driving easy for my aged eyesight. I've never owned a better car and I've owned all the high end makes in my 60 years. Since buying this car in 2006 (a new style model year for this model) I have added a BMW 3 series convertiable and a BME 535 to my garage. I'll never drive anything but a BMW in the future.

Best car I've ever owned

by from Houston, TX on February 19, 2013

Price was reasonable with the miles on it. But the features and smooth handleing make up for it. I bow know why this car has been a Car and Driver ten nest for so long.

Best car i have owned to date

by from Olathe, KS on February 24, 2009

I test drove acura tl, audi4, infiniti G35, and lexus and they all had their good points but overall the bmw was the best car out of the lot. Have had it since new and have had no major problems. I did take in for service but it was mostly computer chip issues which resolved my problems. The car tries to learn how you drive so if there are two people who drive it constantly and have different driving styles the car will be begin to shift hard over a period of time. this is when you have to take it in and have it reset. My run flat tires are pretty loud too. Outside of this the car is great. I love driving it. Especially in sport mode:D

great car

by from Ponte Vedra Beach, FL on February 22, 2010

German engineering at it's best. Very reliable, sporty and economical on top of that. I used to be a "mercedes man" but lately, the bavarians offer a better product for a better price.

My favorite car ever

by from Denver, CO on September 17, 2006

This car does so many things well. On any day, in any conditions is simply just fun to drive. It really shines in the snow, and outperforms the myriad of SUVs with ease. It is a perfect city/mountain car. It blends comfort and performance perfectly.

Similar Models