2009 328

2009 BMW 328

2009 BMW 328

Have You Driven the 2009 BMW 328?

2009 BMW 328i x-Drive Sedan

by German Car Fan from New England on Tue May 29 2012

I have owned a number of BMW's, as well as numerous VW, Audi and Porsche cars. I appreciate the feel German cars typically provide, and I have enough experience to keep my expectations realistic. The post-facelift E90 3-series design ('09-'11) is sleek and elegant - much nicer than the earlier ('06-'08) version. The driver environment, instrumentation and controls is excellent. Comfort is excellent all around, and back seat space is much improved over previous 3-series. I didn't want the additional cost and maintenance of the turbocharged 335i. The 230HP 3.0L inline-6 is more-than-adequate for 98% of driving situations. Regardless of whether it's mated to an automatic or manual transmission, it's quite strong. Fuel economy is better also - even driving aggressively, I average 22-25mpg. Handling and road manners are, as expected, outstanding. The standard run-flat tires ride a bit hard, but those stiff sidewalls actually help the handling even more. With the sport package though, it borders on rough if the road surfaces are lousy. In my opinion, the 3-series lives up to it's reputation as a driver's car. My only significant disappointment - the shifting action in my manual transmission car prefers relaxed driving. When you want to accelerate and shift rapidly, it resists. Even in regular commuting, it's quite notchy for a BMW. Gear changes need to happen hundreds of times a day, so this is really annoying - particularly in a sports sedan! Yes, the dealer has checked it out. Yes, it feels like other E90 328i's I've driven since. Yes, there are numerous threads on 3-series internet discussion boards about it. Bottom line: it's a great driver's car...unless you choose the manual transmission that's supposed to make it a better driver's car, but it doesn't.

Hard Top Convertible

by Teleport391 from Miami , FL on Tue Jan 08 2013

I bought a `09 328 Sprt pack. Convertible brand new with the keyless entry. The car looks great drives great and is very reliable if you want more power go for the turbo or the M3. I never had problems with the hard top, never liked or had mechanical problems in 4 years so don?t be afraid when buying a hard top convertible from BMW. It had some minor issues, the black plastics from the interior moldings started pealing on the 2nd year but it was replaced as it was under warranty, also the trimming on the windshield started to crack due to the rain and sun (not garage kept) also replaced under warranty. It has some issues with the key, even with a brand new battery you have to be like 10feet away from the car in order to work. Also if you like to upgrade or ?PIMP your ride? this is not the car for you, if you replace any lights interior or exterior it will show on the panel, if you change the tires or alter the suspension it will show in the panel. Any little thing you do to the car it will show in the panel after a few cosmetic changes my dashboard looked like a x-mas tree! So I took everything out and it was ok. Overall I was really happy with the car until I lend it to my girlfriend and she crashed it head first with a minivan! All the airbags were deployed and she dint had a single scratch, she was ok but the car.. Total lost which means that is a super safe and reliable car!

I'm in love

by Trippa from Indianapolis on Tue Oct 26 2010

I traded in an 04 Acura TL for this 328. The BMW is head and shoulders above the TL in every way. This is my first BMW and first rear wheel drive. I'm now a huge fan.

Great!

by 4thBMW from St Paul, MN on Sat Jun 27 2009

This is my 4th BMW, and my favorite of them all. I purchased a 328i Xdrive, Premium and Sport package. The one thing I wanted to call it is the sport package. I actually didn't want it, thought it would make the ride rough, but it wasn?t that at all, the ride is in my opinion more comfortable, not to mention the improved handling. The paddle shifters are cool and they draw attention. The body line are stunning, power on 328i is more than enough of regular, to spirited city driving. The only drawback I have noticed is the 328i with the air conditioning on high there is a noticeable loss of power. The car is over all great.

Nice Car

by Daz from Southbury, CT on Fri Aug 31 2012

3rd one I have owned - great all round car. Great lines beautiful interior (Saddle Brown Leather interior and black exterior. Love idrive and xdrive.)

Great car, with a great ride and oh so smooth!

by Brooks from Columbia, MO on Wed Jun 24 2009

I just purchased a 328i with xdrive and am loving the car. The ride is sporty but not harsh and the car is extremely quiet. The new Idrive is so much better than the old one. It takes a little getting used to but once you figure it out it works great. Especially like being able to send locations from google maps to the car. Great feature. Probably the best feature is the xenon headlights. They look great and make everything so much easier to see at night, especially like that they turn with the steering wheel. I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone in the market for a sporty luxury sedan that does everything right.

BMW still one of the best

by Just love to drive from Dallas, TX on Mon Feb 04 2013

If you are looking for an everyday ride that can also bring some fun back into daily driving, look no further. BMW 328i E90 model is the last one before 2013 release of new 4 cylinder Turbo Charged engine... inline 6 does an awesome job while keeping great gas mileage. I had to get a 6-speed since that is what I wanted for me and to teach my kids how to drive a car 'old school'...

The Whole is better than the sum of its parts.

by LoveToDriveFast from Cleveland, OH on Mon Jul 18 2011

Great solid car. The xDrive is a must-have for this midwest winter climate. The 2.8L engine is adequate, but if you want more torque, opt for the bigger engine. Handling is quite good for a car this heavy. My other car is a MB E-class, and the 328xi is much more fun around town. The CPO warranty is outstanding.

Awesome Ride

by otto from SC on Sun Aug 26 2012

Everything I expected and more. I was ready to go anywhere in the country to find my car, I only had to go 700 miles.

wsu

by wayne from Michigan on Tue Jun 26 2012

to me this post 2009 updated exterior design is the best of all entry level luxury cars. It's agressive yet very clean. Handling is the best in it's class as well. Only 2 minor complaints - run flat tires (expensive, noisy, don't last as long as conventional ones) and slight hesitation when you push accelerator after a complete stop.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Our Take on the 2009 BMW 328

Rev. Frederick J. Eikerenkoetter, famously known as "Rev. Ike," was anathema in our staunchly Roman Catholic New Orleans home.

To my parents, Daniel and Lillian Brown, he was a child of blasphemy, an enemy of all things good and true in the Catholic Church.

Nothing would peeve them more than to discover one of us Brown children secretly listening to a Rev. Ike broadcast on a transistor radio beneath our bed covers. In what appeared to be a swift, single motion, the covers would be yanked, the radio confiscated and turned off, and a slap administered to the buttocks.

"You will not listen to that trash!" my Dad shouted.

But I listened anyway. How could I not? Rev. Ike, who died July 28 in Los Angeles, was... Read More