2014 BMW 328d consumer reviews

side view of 2014 328d BMW
Explore the 2014 BMW 328d
Shop the 2014 BMW 328d

Respond very well

Cars awesome very dependable never gives me any problems Drive it back-and-forth all day never repaired anything besides brakes and oil change I recommend it

Most fun driving car W/ 47MPG Hwy 33 combined.

Lots of fun and yet so economical. Gorgeous midnight Blue exterior and Beige leather interior. 47 MPG Hwy, 33 MPG combined. With all this who needs a Prius?

nice car

this was a great car to me because it gets everywhere and it owns the streets if you want something nice to get around in , that's the car for you.

Very Reliable, Economical, Fun to Drive.

I bought this vehicle when it was only 11 months old at the Decatur BMW Dealership. I had bought my wife a Mercedes which we only had 4 months when she was hit by an uninsured at fault driver. I looked for quite a quite a while for a new vehicle. I wanted to try a diesel BMW and found their was only 3 program vehicles for sale in Georgia, Valdosta, Decatur, and Chattanooga. It has been wonderful with no problems, great service, and has averaged 45 MPH the entire time we have owned it. We purchased it with 11,000 miles and it now has 73,000. My wife loved the color of the 2014 Mercedes and so this is the total of her review, that she liked the color better. I will say the Mercedes was a total loss but not one piece of glass cracked or broke even though the entire engine compartment was collapsed. My opinion is that the 2014 BMW 328d was a better built, economical, and very fun to drive. This model I purchased had every option you can get as I'm a gadget guy and one who studies and evaluated major purchases completes before purchases. Another issue I'd like to mention is the service I got from Macon BMW in Macon, Georgia that was owned by the Butler Family which owns and operates many dealerships. Even though I didn't purchase from them the gave us excellent service. Many things even surprised me. They provided all service free for the first 5 years the vehicle was on the road. They picked up the vehicle at my wife's school where she taught and returned it on time. They cleaned it inside and out. Other service items that surprised me was replacement of the windshield and they even replaced the brake pads when needed at no cost.

4.1

Excellent BMW Diesel

I have been the current owner of a 2014 BMW 328d Xdrive since January 2017. I just paid it off a few months ago and 50K miles later this car is still as solid and fun to drive as the day I bought it. The only problem that I’ve had on it in over 3.5 years was a corroded TPS sensor that was 100% covered under BMW’s CPO warranty. Despite the reputation BMW has for unreliable autos, this has been one reliable daily commuter. It handles and sticks to the roads incredibly well as you would expect from a 3 Series BMW. The instant torque from the turbo diesel is just awesome. I also get a whopping 41 mpg combined with about a 65/35 highway to city driving split. This is made even more impressive considering the fact that the car is AWD and the kind of performance it puts out. My only complaint is that it isn’t as comfortable to sit in for longer periods as I would prefer. I have roughly a two hour commute for work of 100 miles and to be honest my previous car, a VW Jetta TDI, was more comfortable. Still though, it isn’t uncomfortable per say and the interior is pretty slick. Despite how much I like the car, I’m not sure that I’d get another BMW. I do like their diesel offerings so perhaps if they brought those back into their lineup, but after have a couple of diesel cars I can’t see myself going back to petrol/gas. So in a year or two when I’m ready for a new ride, if I can’t snag a nice CPO diesel for a good price then I suspect I’ll be going electric. I hope this review sheds some light on how good of a car the ‘14 328d has been for me so far. If the other 3 Series diesels are anywhere near as solid and fun to drive, I’d highly recommend snagging one up before they’re gone.

BMW 328d XDrive - 98,000 miles

2014 BMW 328d XDrive Base: Daily driven since 2014. Currently has 98k miles. Runs great in all weather conditions; extreme heat, AC is great, 5 Pennsylvania winters on RT80, Great traction! Impressive water fording during hurricane floods, Long Beach Island NJ. The cabin is very quiet while underway. Fuel, on a great day (highway) a tank of fuel can bring this vehicle over 700 miles. City, urban driving can return 500+ miles on a tank of fuel. Due to a low curb weight, I am currently still on original rotors. It is still a BMW regardless of the fuel it takes. A causal Roll on the throttle, in the right gear will surge the vehicle to a speed you would not believe could come from 180hp. Pros: Insanely impressive on fuel Quieter than it’s gasoline sibling Great Torque! Cons: Could use another 50 hp Diesel fuel additive is annoying Start stop system is a tad crude

It's a shame there aren't more affordable diesels

I'm 6'3" and there's plenty of head room(always an issue for me). I just love owning a diesel engine-can't beat the combo of performance and efficiency-I mean 280 lbs of torque and 40 miles to the gallon? Amazing. Simply amazing.

Best Bmer Ever,Twin Turbo 4cyl.diesel,8spd St

I think it is a gem among cars . With the 8speed automatic transmission,twin turbo 4 cylinder diesel it is the best BMW I have had. It has all th es power and speed I need. Sport package interior has red trim on dash and red stitching on seats and steering wheel. Heads up display is cool too! Heated seats are nice. The size of the body is good for getting the best mileage using 20% Biodiesel fuel. Sun/moon roof and tinted windows are great. The back seats fold down so I can carry all kinds of stuff. It has a rain sensor windshield and the digital BMW computer can be programmed to select many different settings for stereo, climate control, doors,lights,and other preferences. It has bluetooth for cell phone, sos BMW emergency calling and satellite radio option. It is approaching 130k miles and although I had to replace the high pressure fuel pump and previously a coolant hose which were shockingly expensive, to keep it up to speed and have a car that drives so fantastically is worth it to me.

5 years and 70k mile update

This is an update review after over 5 years and 70k miles. We bought our 328d wagon in Dec 2014 and it's now Feb 2020. This is an absolutely superb car. It feels like it's purpose built for high speed highway cruising. When you put your foot down and the turbos kick in this thing just flies even at 70+ mph. It's a wonder I don't have more tickets, but then again this car doesn't attract attention - which is great. We average about 39 mpg with a mix of a little city driving and a lot of long highway hauls. A full tank of 14 gallons of diesel still gets us about 600 miles. The only issue we have had in 70k miles was the recall for the EGR/intake manifold which BMW replaced for free even though we were out of warranty. We have had zero... repeat zero... other issues with this car in over 5 years. I think maybe the BMW's built in Germany are better than the ones they build in the US because my friends with the US built X models have had a few more issues. We're probably getting to the point where I should replace the shocks as our city driving has taken it's toll, but otherwise the car needs nothing. BMW doesn't sell diesels in the US anymore, so I'm going to keep this thing forever. It's a diesel and it's a wagon, so it's "a unicorn" as they say. It still looks sharp too.

Most reliable car I ever owned.

Runs and drives like new. The turbo diesel combines great performance with excellent fuel economy. I got 50 miles per gallon highway driving. Beautiful condition inside and out. BMW luxury package.