2014 Bmw 328 D

All round joy to own

by from on September 12, 2017

Handling, mpg tops, interior great, will hold it's own with most cars on the road from a dead stop. Not for teenagers. Was going to be a birthday gift for my grandson. However, to fast and to costly to repair body damage. Appears German safety is top draw.

Ultimate Gas Saver

by from on September 8, 2017

I bought this car for a commuter to and from work. I fell in love with it. Diesel is the way to go almost 50MPG! Great for road trips fill ups are every 500-600miles! Then fell in love with all the features. Great torque, though out all power-band. 8 speed transmission super smooth. Love this ride.

50 mpg+ 60-76 MPH

by from Hilton Head SC on September 3, 2017

In city with auto on/off get between 43-50 mpg. Plenty of horse power. Kick to drive, dream to handle

Uses car for Havingfun

Things I Noticed About the 328d

by from Michigan on August 26, 2017

The BMW 328d is a fun car with beautiful styling both inside and out. The 328d is a gorgeous car and very satisfactory to the driver who enjoys a very sporty feel. While test driving the car, I noticed there is a slight diesel clatter, but not enough to bother passengers. The car's ride is very smooth and enjoyable and for the person sitting in the drivers seat, there is a slight cockpit feel. The steering wheel has a great solid feel and comfortable hand positions at 10 and two and also at 9 and 3. The vehicle featured an easy to use entertainment screen that allowed for simple use of radio and navigation features. The car also had multiple ride options including comfort and sport, adjusting the feel of the steering and suspension. Although I believe the 328d is a great vehicle, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone with a family or who plans on having multiple passengers. I say this because any rear seat passengers would have very limited leg room and limited head room. The other reason would be that trunk space is limited and the trunk opening is rather small. In conclusion, the 328d is a very fun car with very sporty styling and driving experience that might lack in useability for a family but provides a fun experience for a single.
Not Rated Reliability

The most well-rounded car

by from Irvine, CA on August 12, 2017

If you are looking for an entry level luxury car, BMW 3 series should be the first car you need to consider. 3 series has been the hallmark of BMW and the hallmark of the segment. You cannot expect an opulent interior from an entry level luxury cars and 3 series simply does enough to make you feel like you are getting the run for your money. 3 series has the fuel economy that fares well against many hybrid models and depending on the area you live in, diesel even might be cheaper than regular gasoline. I bought a certified pre-owned model and I am absolutely free from stress because it comes with warranty and maintenance plans.

My Favorite Car I've Ever Owned

by from lancaster, pa on July 27, 2017

This is the second diesel vehicle I've owned (first was a diesel Jetta). I love this car exponentially more. Very reliable, great mpg and so fun to whip (I mean drive). I would definitely pay more and get the navigation. BMW nav blows Lexus and VW systems out of the water. I use it on almost every drive. I don't have anything really negative to say other than that in my car, the back seats don't fully recline. I put an after market hitch and lighting harness on her and towed a small Uhaul from AZ to PA. The towing weight was right about 1,500 pounds and this car handled it no problem. Seriously, when you were driving, you couldn't tell you were towing something. The torque is great. I've also had much better experiences with BMW dealerships than any other brand of car I've ever owned. As a woman, that matters. Buy this car, you won't regret it.

My 328d is averaging 35 MPG in City traffic

by from Naples, FL on June 20, 2017

Very good all around car. My only dislike is the uncomfortable front seat, particularly for a loaded $53,000 car with premium interior. All the special little and big features on the car are a real treat and appreciated. Some did not come with my '12; Slass 350 diesel. And the dealership service experience has been a 10++++

Superior German Technology

by from Anaheim on June 6, 2017

This car represents the superior German technology. Car is very reliable and very gas efficient. It runs on diesel which can sound weird but you can totally feel the difference. Totally recommend it.

Great performance. Fuel economy is unreal.

by from on June 5, 2017

This car is perfect for my long commutes. Fuel economy is awesome, I average 40 mpg or better if I keep it at about 1700rpm. (Around 70mph). My Brother in his 60's is a car enthusiast, he could not believe the power and handling, could'nt believe it was 4 cylinder diesel.

Best commuter car ever!

by from New Hope, PA on June 2, 2017

Perfect for commuting... I go 150 miles daily. 40 MPG. Oil changes every 10K miles only. Plenty of power, and amazing interior comfort (for two)... Back seat is tight.

Our Expert Review: 2014 Bmw 328 D