2008 BMW 335 Consumer Reviews

Change Year
2008 Bmw 335
Average based on 44 reviews

Lose the run flat tires, otherwise, a super car

by from Providence, RI on July 21, 2009

I've been driving BMWs in the uSA since 1968, when I bought a '68 2002, that was frequently confused for, well, for any Japanese car - as no knew what a BMW was. I then bought a '71 Bavaria, but then stopped driving BMW's for a number of years. I had realized that many many people had already (and rightly so ) stared simply assuming that I was an arrogant, rude snob, and upon looking around I realized that BMW drivers (at least in Boston) indeed seemed to fit that description, and drove like idiots as well ! So I tool a break from BMW-land. I digress; having gone back to simply buying cars for their engineering and performance characteristics (what they do), and having learned not to care what people think via simply aging a bit, I went back to BMW's a few years ago. I also drive using turn signals, obeying most traffic laws, and don't behave like a typical Mass. or RI driver nowadays. I sold my '02 M3 a year ago (too extreme and showy for me) and got my current '08 335xi coupe 12 months ago. It's the finest BMW that I've had yet (including a 540 sport which was a close second , 528's - another wonderful car and a Bavaria etc). My current ride is just as fast as my M3 was, it handles incredibly, and its true sleeper as well. No one thinks I'm a stock broker in this car either, as its simply beautifully styled. The interior except for the i-drive is flawless, comfortable and with 7 airbags upfront (not counting me), the car's as safe as a bank vault. My ONLY complaint are the run flat tires that CRASH over pot holes. Car makers: please go back to reasonable - profile tires, and maintain the use of real spares. I can not take this caron a trip to Canada or anywhere more than 200 miles from a BMW dealer, simply because of the silly run flat tires, and the fact that I have no spare. on a final note; this engine is a work of art; you need to drive the car to believe that it's propelled by a 3 liter engine. The suspension & handling keep up as well, so congratulations, BMW.

N54 for the win!

by from Edison, NJ on July 20, 2013

These cars are a bargain and a value for anyone interested in a great value sporty car. All the major depreciation is already taken and at these low miles all you eed to do is put gas and go. CPO and free manufacturer extended warranty for major parts like the HPFP and Turbos are an added bonus for all 2007-2010 n54 cars. These cars will become a cult classic in a couple years because of the infamous N54 motor and twin turbo. these cars also give up to 31.5 MPG on the freeway and 25.5 MPG in mixed driving city/highway.

AWESOME CAR BUY IT!

by from Denver, CO on October 3, 2013

I bought this pre owned 08 BMW 335xi, m sport with 32K on it, It's really easy to drive and live with everyday, but it's a drivers car too, you will put on miles!, you can take it to a twisty mountain pass,overtake S4s and STI's and on the way back your getting 29 MPG on the highway. It's fast from a dig and a roll. you will beat most, evo's, sti's, mustangs, E46 m3, speed 3's and speed 6's. I just ordered a JB4. Things to be watch out for, HPFP, TURBO'S, Check the services, windshield, overheating and that's about it. I bought the car, it was fine 2 weeks later I had 2 service lights come on and a bunch of chips in the windshield I didn't see before I bought. that's it. You will love it!

Great Car on Questionable Tires!

by from Huntington, NY on January 4, 2008

I have the 2008 335xi coupe and it is a great car. The handling and the performance are first rate. The run flat tires, or RFT's are another story. If you are considering this car and if you are not familiar with run flat tires do yourself a favor and research them. RFT's are hard riding, they cost about twice as much as conventional tires and they last about half as long! This car only comes with RFT's. I replaced the RFT's with conventional high performance all season tires. Again, great car with questionable tires.

nice sports car

by from Chicago on July 25, 2013

looks good for this year and such low mileage. with navigation and sports package. I used to have one 335i the same color as yours!

Joy

by from Houston on January 17, 2012

BMW gives you a great combination of comfort, economy and lots of power. It’s just a car that you will love.

Most Fun Car Since My 240Z

by from Harrisburg, PA on September 23, 2012

I recently bought a 2008 BMW 335xi coupe I located through cars.com. This car is a blast to drive. Great acceleration, great handling, great looks. This is a close as you can get to a sports car while seating 4 with a trunk big enough to hold a golf bag.

Seventh BMW

by from Florida on February 1, 2012

I've owned 3,5, and 7 series BMW models. Seven in total. All have been very reliable. This one has been the most fun. The surefooted handling and high power go together to make a remarkable ride. I've driven many other hi performance cars, but none as satisfying to drive. The Mustangs, Camaros, SRT Chryslers I drove, befor making my choice, were all very good. But none were as refined or as rewarding to drive. Although I'm a Chrysler retiree, with a large discount, I still bought the BMW.

What I expected

by from Sacramento on October 10, 2011

This is a great entry level luxury car, awesome performance with the twin turbo plus more than adequate gas mileage (~25.5 MPG HWY, 22.5 MPG City). The car handles the corners with breeze and hugs the curves just as well. It's a very fun car to drive, no question about it!! The compromise is the reliability - I had to take it to the dealer for a bad battery, seat belt arm doesn't catch the seat belt to bring it forward. This has got to be the crappiest seat belt design in a car but I knew that going into the purchase. The side view mirrors lose their memory so I'll be taking it to the dealer for that as well. Luckily, it's still under warranty and I have to say that the dealer has been very helpful with getting me up and running. Overall, a great car to drive, fun and sleek with superior performance but reliability could be a problem

Love This Car

by from Hattiesburg, MS on June 23, 2012

Bought it new in 2008. Snazzy, Sassy, Powerful, just love it! Thinking about trading up for another new baby.