Find out if this car is the best match for you.
1993 525

1993 BMW 525

$988 - $2,560  MSRP Range
1993 BMW 525

4.5

Have You Driven the 1993 BMW 525?

Great Car

by Bmw #1 Fan from Northcarolina on Sun May 14 2006

Excellent old car for the buck. Engine transmission bulletproof and if you find a good one you will always be happy. Not a a great street car but the best highway cruiser for the money.

Best Beemer for the money!

by Beemer enthusiast from Chicago, IL on Mon Jul 19 2010

This 5 series is a great deal for a beemer enthusiast since it is a 6 cylinder, yet a speed demon with all the toys included. What else can you get for the money and this German engineering?

Classic E34.

by Nickk from Long Beach, Ca on Mon Mar 07 2011

I love my 93' Bimmer. I've owned it for a few months and it's my first car, I'm 16. It has my favorite options, heated seats and a new Pioneer stereo system. The car as of today has 151k miles and runs well. I've had a few issues, since I bought the car from a private party it needs a new lower left control arm and power steering hose.. 3 windows have gone out (all are pretty pricey to fix). But, I guess I get what I pay for.. mine was only $1,800. It's nearly MINT on the inside. It's super slow though it handles well for an 18 year old car. I've noticed that my gas mileage has gotten terrible since I bought it, I average 12.8 mpg, it's becoming a little hard to afford. Although the car has never left me stranded, with I expected.

Classic Vehicle

by CJ from Charlotte NC on Fri May 23 2008

I just purchased the 1993 Wagon and it is truly a blast to drive on the highway. You get BMW performance and technology, along with the versatility of a wagon. Also, there were only a very few of these vehicles sold in America so if you get one it will be a collectors item.

Our Take on the 1993 BMW 525

BMW calls it a touring sedan, but to everybody else it's a station wagon.

No matter what it's called, a BMW wagon is an intriguing idea. And if the company's new 525i Touring is styled like a station wagon, functions like a station wagon, and looks like a station wagon, then there is a better than even chance that BMW owners are going to regard it as a station wagon.

"It is (a station wagon)," said Richard Reinbold, president of Dreyer and Reinbold BMW. "Actually, it's regarded as a sports wagon."

The vehicle isn't the first model of this type ever made by BMW. The company built an "02" Series wagon in 1971, and later a wagon on the 3 Series. But these were offered only in Europe.

This late-introduction... Read More