2009 528

2009 BMW 528

2009 BMW 528

4.4

Have You Driven the 2009 BMW 528?

Awesome car and dealership.

by First Time BMW Owner from Marion, IL on Mon Aug 25 2014

I found my 2009 BMW 528i on cars.com, and immediately knew that I would be traveling to test drive it. We drove the 45 minutes from Marion, IL to Paducah, KY to see the car at Bluegrass BMW. The staff there are friendly, helpful, and just all-around nice people. I feel that I got a great price on the car and a fair deal for the 2007 Chevy Silverado that I traded in. Very good experience overall, and I will go back to them in the future. Also, I love my car!!!

Best car I've owned in 55 years of car ownership.

by LAS2122 from Salem, SC on Sun Jul 09 2017

I've own numerous cars in my 70 years...including Mazda RX, Nissan 280ZX, Mercedes, Acura and BMW. This 2009 BMW 528i is the best car of them all. Styling, comfort, performance, and over 30 mikes per gallon on road trips. Easy to work on too...20 minutes to change 2 cabin and an engine air filter. Maintenance cost for 6 years averaged $375 p/year.

First BMW, Very Impressed

by aj from New Jersey on Sat Aug 05 2017

Bought my 2008 BMW 528xi Used with 77k miles on it. I have owned the car for about a month now and have very little complaints. For a 10 year old German car, reliability has been good for the most part. Had to have some minor things replaced but nothing significant. Gas mileage is fairly adequate, I average around 17-18 mpg. Styling, comfort, practicality, is all there. Rear seat room and trunk space are definitely above average. iDrive is a little confusing at first, but it does not take very long to figure it out. The navigation system definitely does not keep up with modern ones, which is to be expected. Overall, the car is great. Would definitely recommend for someone who wants a great driving experience with the comforts of a luxury sedan.

My Best Bimmer Yet

by ejr1953 from Mount Airy, MD on Sun May 24 2009

I've had the 528i for two months now. It took some getting used to the extra "heft" compared with the nimble 3 Series it replaced, but now that I'm used to that, and have learned to use the iDrive system, I'm really impressed with everything the car does. I just returned from a weekend road trip, in my other vehicles, torture to my aging back, but not in this car! The iPod integration is really fantastic! This car is the smoothest ride, has deceptively wonderful handling and is just a joy to drive!

Awesome machine!

by 528 xdrive from Connecticut on Sat Dec 31 2011

Looked at Mercedes and Audi prior to driving BMW. Comfort and drive sold me, though a few less creature comforts, I really prefer the handling and looks of the BMW particularly the '09 with the newer rims. I drive is pretty cool, but it does take some thought to learn. This is my first BMW and won't be my last. Would have bought the 535 but to many issues. 528 appears pretty bullet proof for a used car, knock on wood, but I still opted for CPO. New tires were filled with nitrogen vs air, offer more stability in changing climate like northeast, make sure you ask for this in the future, a few customers were at dealership complaining due to sensor issues. I researched this heavily and have owned five previous Mercedes. Audi was close second, but the drive and feel of the car sold me. You need the premium package, the seats are leather and offer ambient light interior, low level interior lighting that is really cool. Cold weather package is a must in the north. In my mind, navigation is huge as well. However only about half the cars offer this option. I would have liked logic 7 and xenon lights, hard to find these plus all the above, maybe 10 percent tops have it. I got white with beige interior, dark wood interior was a must as well, very classy! The gray interior is really sweet, but few have this. The dark tan or natural looks nice as well. Avoid the the non premium interior just looks plain. I purchased from tenafly BMW in NJ, solid pricing, great service. Good luck!

Best BMW Yet

by Bill from Philadelphia on Sun Jul 17 2011

Have owned BMW's since 1988. This 528 ix is my fourth, having driven two 3 series, one of which I still have, and a 7 Series. For my money the 5 is just right. Not as nimble as the 3, but just as responsive, especially in Sport drive. Anyone who says this car is underpowered just does not know how to use it. It has both a manual shift option and a Sport drive which changes the timing of shifts and provides all of the low end punch you could ever ask. Of course on the open road this baby shines, providing a sense of balance and sure footed handling that you cannot find in any other car. It glides. It's quiet, but with just enough engine roar to let you know your in a car with muscle. If you care about luxury, its got heated seats, a beautiful wood grain and brushed stainless interior, a bluetooth system that is seamless and sounds great. Great sound system. the seats have so many different settings its unbelieveable. I love this car. The styling of the car is sporty but sophisticated. Just a great looking car outside and in with the BMW handling that is exquisite.

Best car for my wife. AWD was essential.

by Bill T from Truckee, Ca on Sun Feb 24 2013

Everything was better than we anticipated. From internet ad to treatment by the salesman Charley. You won't be disappointed in doing business with this dealership. Great selection of premium vehicles.

Excellent Vehicle, but...

by GHerri1 from Baton Rouge, LA on Mon Jun 19 2017

I really love this vehicle. It is well-designed, but does have a few drawbacks. The first is the maintenance. I would suggest an extended warranty as even a small report can cost a pretty-penny. The only other annoying aspect of this model is that, while it has a push button start, the smartkey must still be inserted into the steering column to start the vehicle.

Mechanic Special

by JohnH from Lake Placid, Florida on Wed May 17 2017

I thought I was getting a deal. Not, needed front brakes,tires and upper control arm. I had to pay for it. Still waiting on manager to reimburse me.

Does not recommend this car!!

2009 BMW 528i/E60 V6 3.0 Base N52 engine

by CarlyJ from Pensacola Fl on Wed Apr 05 2017

At 50k the gaskets blew. Didn't replace the plugs until 112k. Starter went out @ 100k. Upper radiator hose blew at 107k.The plastic inside is painted therefor it peels off very easily, that's my biggest complaint. At 114k I am replacing the vanos solenoids to try & fix idling, variable shift timing, decreased performance, and poor gas mileage. The leather has held up nice considering the wear & tear, however it is very stiff in the rear seats. Never any problems with electrical parts. Besides having to replace a couple of sensors related to the engine.

1 2