2002 BMW 530 consumer reviews

$39,450 starting MSRP
side view of 2002 530 BMW
Explore the 2002 BMW 530

BMW is a dream driving machine.

It's a great car to own. Runs great with stability to road grip as you speed up. Outstanding handling on the corners and curves. The six cylinder engine runs very well. Air conditioning works great - actually better than a new car. Very reliable.

they dont make them like they use to

never did i expect this cleanliness and reliability from a 2002 this car has tan leather seats that are still not stiff from aging. very happy

Best car I ever owned

It's my first car and and 3rd project car my other two cars always seem to have problems or wen going through a transformation it take till im almost done for it to start looking good but my 530i 2002 always looks amazing and aggressive wen going to car shows and meets I would recommend this car to everyone just keep in mind it's an expensive car if it does brake down or u don't do the maintenance for the car as needed and properly

good cars

this is a great car, runs and handles good, reliable, clean and hold value well, i have owned several bmw and they alwasys runs great

3.0

Nice car.

The car drove nicely. The styling is sleek and performance was good. Interior was average based on like vehicles. Handling was great. Overall it?s a nice car.

2002 BMW 530i - "The Highest Rated Sedan"

In 2002, Consumer Reports declared their 530iA Sport the highest rated car they'd ever reviewed, objectively and subjectively. It's easy to see why; the E39 was a classic the moment it was introduced. It rides comfortably, but has great moves through the corners. It looks great, but the styling subtle and restrained. The transmission is smooth and fast. The 530iA is powerful, but can sip fuel with a gentle right foot. The optional DSP stereo sounds great, and the navigation system, while outdated today, was an amazing piece of tech for its time. Honestly, my biggest complaint is the E39's flimsy cupholders, and its appetite for cooling system replacements every 75,000 miles. Other than that, these turn of the millennia 5ers are some of the best cars BMW has ever made, right up there with the E30.

Nearly as bullet-proof as my E34 5-series!

I bought my low-mile 530i sport/premium stickshift as a replacement for my E34 525i stick with 240,000 miles. I've owned the 530i now for two years and nothing has gone wrong with it. I drive it occasionally to keep it ready if the E34 should ever finally give it up. The 530 is a little bigger, a little smoother, perhaps with less feedback to the driver with the rack-and-pinion steering but it's still one of the best BMW sedans ever made. With Bluetooth it would be a perfect modern car.

Love It!!

The best car I've ever owned! I love the performance and styling of vehicle. I receive a lot of complements on the vehicle.

4.4

Best BMW ever made

I love this car. Not the the most reliable, but if taken care of and done all the preventative maintenance work its a great car. Lots o power and good on gas. Doesn't look outdated whatsoever

3.7

too many repairs

Vehicle had 23k when i purchased it started leaks oil after 50k. repaired twice each repair lasted less than one year.