2018 530

4.7 out of 5 starsValue for the Money

All Reviews

Best Car For The Money

by BMW Enthusiast from Valencia, CA on December 28, 2017

The 2018 BMW 530i is a terrific car and the best one for the money. This car is fully equipped for a little more than $50K. Other cars in this price category can't compare. It even rides like my 7 series BMW. The ride is quite smooth with more than ample acceleration in sport mode. The interior is quite plush and redesigned since the 2015 5 series (my last BMW - 528i then). It is also very roomy. So much so that you can easily accommodate 4 adults without having them feel too "cozy" to their other passenger. In short, a great car!

out of 5 starsComfort
out of 5 starsPerformance
out of 5 starsExterior Styling
out of 5 starsInterior Design
out of 5 starsValue for the Money
out of 5 starsReliability

There is a reason its called the ultimate driving

by toro from NY on January 20, 2018

Nothing like BMW. Given demand for SUVs, Sedan provide the best value. Incredible smooth and quiet ride. Technology wise much better than Ausi or Benz

Our first BMW

by Johnnie K from Norfolk, VA on March 5, 2018

It met my wife's expectation right away. The night blue Dakota leather seating really compliments the bluestone metallic exterior. It's filled with so much technology that it sets a new bar. It's also very quiet and handles the road well.

5 Series

by Raj from Clovis ca on February 8, 2018

Love love this car I’ve only had it for 2 weeks and it is GREAT I have the M package so the styling is sportier than the base , service is included had a Jag XF which the lease ended and I opted for this vehicle because of the poor service and horrible performance on that car,. I am so glad that I got this for my wife. The seats are so comfy the interior is so nice with oversized lcd screen and ambient lighting do yourself a favor and test drive it, I am sure you will fall in love with it like I have

Great at everything

by AO on January 5, 2018

Sporty,luxurious, tech laden,comfortable and safe. This car is so quiet. My 3rd Bimmer and happy with Xdrive

Awesome

by Pooch2 from Patterson Park on March 24, 2018

What an awesome driving machine.. Handle the road well, seat are very comfortable. Will recommend this wonderful car to all my family and friends, just take the Drive...

Finally the luxury feel audi couldn?t give

by Former Audi owner from Kalamazoo, mi on March 4, 2018

After driving Audi?s ( A8, S8, A8l and Q5) I felt I earned a more luxurious car. I got all the luxury I could possibly expect but I was especially excited about the performance. Quiet,fast from a stop,sporty handling and especially the all wheel performance. I feel proud, safe and special in my new ride. Thank you for your excellent work in producing the best car I?ve ever owned.

I love my car. Most reliable

by GJoseph from Harrisburg, NC on July 10, 2018

I love all the new technologies and spacious. I love it . The color combination is beautiful. I am enjoying the comfort of this car and I feel safe .

Great to drive

by arnoldwf from Bowie MD on March 5, 2018

The car has all the bells and whistles. Pro: More than I can type here. Excellent design and style. First, the 530xi performs smoothly on the road. The 4-cyclinder turbo has the pickup of a 6-cyclinder, with the gas savings of a 4-cyclinder. You can hit 80-90 mph and think you are doing 60 mph, even with the heads-up display (HUD) showing the speed. Second, the Harmon sound system offers beautiful surround sound even at the low setting. Third, the seats are a bit to get used to but once you have it for a few weeks you realize how comfortable and ergonomic they are. Fourth, display is awesome, you can see multiple screens from the home view, do a split screen of your favorite view, or just have a full 9-inch view of whatever you desire. Fifth, the HUD is so clear compared to the 2016 X3. It shifts from amber at night to a bright white for day time viewing. It display the speed you are going against the stated road speed; it shows the navigation route; and it displays entertainment options. Sixth, the voice control system has dramatically improved, I have a slight dialect so the old system was a challenge, the new system picked up my speech pattern after three tests, now I can input directions, change stations, and make calls without the system asking me to repeat several times. Seventh, the touch-screen is user friendly. You can swipe left or right to choose any display option available. Still working the bugs out on the ability to wave my hand to turn the volume up or down, but that is not an issue since that can done on the steering wheel. Con: Just a few. First, they moved some of the buttons around on the 2018. It is hard to get to the preset buttons if you have a tall drink. Second, they put Pirelli tires on the 5-series, why I do not know. The 5-series is a luxury vehicle, Pirelli tires are performance tires. The road noise can be somewhat loud. Third (minor), they took away the electronic leg seat extender. The 2012 528i that I traded up for, had a separate button to adjust the leg seat extender, which for a woman that wears heels was excellent, now I have to adjust manually and sometimes cannot get the correct position because of the variation of slotted positions. So, even with the CONs I love my choice of the 2018 530xi. Just have to watch those tickets.