1995 BMW 540 Consumer Reviews

1995 Bmw 540
Average based on 4 reviews

This Bimmer started the resurgence of BMW

by from NY on October 20, 2007

This Bimmer re-laid the foundation of BMW after the 2002 model. Driving, I mean DRIVING this Bimmer now, twelve years-old, still handles like new, but alittle softer, of course. Stopping at a red light, any car that pulls up to it wants to race. You let them go because you know that it'll blow away most cars. But, once in awhile when the coast is clear, you want to FEEL what it is like to go from 0-60 in 5 seconds flat, especially with 35 more hp from the Dinan exhaust system. Driving the Bimmer on Jackie Robinson Pkwy (for those who know it) can be very exhilerating, heart pumping, palm sweating, mania! City driving sucks up alot of gas, but on highways averaging 80mph, you get 24 mpg. And, 26mpg averaging 70mph. Cruising @ 80mph the rpms stuck on 2500rpms. For those who own Bimmers, you have to drive this one to compare what your missing. Bellisimo!

THE Ultimate Driving Machine.

by from Pendleton, Oregon on February 15, 2011

I recently bought this car, and I have never felt so exhilarated while driving. The car's 6-speed cuts through gears like butter, and it is hard to not stomp on the gas pedal at every light. It will give you whiplash. The only thing stopping me from doing that is gas, which if you drive the car correctly, it is capable of 28-29 on the highway, and 20 in town with a Dinan chip and 92 octane. Very low RPMS = a very affordable 8-cylinder. The interior is very comfy up front, but the back seat is kind of small. The lack of a stock cup holder seems ludicrous to me. The stock sound system is mind-blowing for a 16 year old car. It has all the se.x-appeal that goes with the BMW name if not more. I couldn't ask for anything more in a car at 20 years old.

good car for the year

by from nc on February 28, 2009

Good value, good quality, great car. It is a combination of high speed sports car and a suitable famliy car.

Sexiest car I have ever driven

by from on April 9, 2010

Being only 16, I have not driven a myriad of cars, but I recently acquired this beautiful peace of machinery. It is fair to say that I am bias in my assessment; however, the smoothness of the ride and the solidity of the steering wheel are to die for. Not the forget teh performance, for the 282 horsepower and over 300 Ft. Lb.'s (due to aftermatket exhaust) give the car a thrilling ride. I reccomend this car to anyone who wishes to have a comfortable yet exciting ride.