2005 545

2005 BMW 545

2005 BMW 545

4.1

Have You Driven the 2005 BMW 545?

2005 545i " A Beast" !!!

by woody from nyc on Thu Jul 23 2009

amazing car.. faster and more resonsive than the older 5s. Super quick in auto or in manual shift mode..can use manual shift mode to downshift on hills, quick stops or to move it out. Super handling. Great sound system.It's broken in at about 50,000 miles! This car will last 15 years and still be a beast!

2005 BMW 545i..best model year for this car

by woodmnn from nyc on Tue Jan 05 2010

has all the power, no inhibitors, great handling with sport package steering, wheels, suspension, brakes, shocks. Handles like a $100k car. 2005 this model was perfect!

2005 BMW 545i

by BMW lover from Greater Detroit area on Tue Apr 01 2008

I've had mine since new, and I've only had to take it to the service shop twice: for oil changes. I have 38,000 miles and have never had an issue. Some people are just way too picky, this car is nearly perfect. The ride and handling are a perfect balance, and it provides a near perfect comfort. The only thing I really could do without is the iDrive, but you get used to it pretty quickly and it's not hard to work. The ability to adjust the heat in the seats via iDrive is a nice feature, however. We took it from the greater Detroit area to Florida this Christmas and it was a joy. I had myself, my wife, and my two kids and never felt pressured for room. The ride was comfortable, and the engine was perfect. Through the mountains the engine and car shined. It never felt as though it might get out of control. For the trip, we averaged 25.3 mpg on the freeway. The brakes and tires are still in good functioning order, but we are probably going to have them replaced prior to next winter. I strongly recommend this series, and I can only imagine the newer 550 is even better. This 545 was the third BMW purchase in a four year span. But, this is such a great car that we probably won't be trading it until we hit 100,000 miles which is about five more years.

Beast

by Jeff from N. Virginia on Tue May 24 2011

This is my first BMW and will not be the last. It does have a few miles on it but it performs great. Don't put off buying one. I owned over 25 cars all makes and models and this by far is the most fun driving machine I have ever owned.

GOOD CAR

by SNICKY from chicago on Sun Nov 09 2008

I bought this car with 31.000. What a joy to drive. Fast, great ride and just love to take the off ramps at a nice speed.I have had benz caddy and a lexus and this cars ride is as soft as the lexus.Just had a problem with the window switch, so got to bring it in. So far so good. I have all most 38.000 Idrive is some what silly, but you just have to figure it out. You have to take your eyes off the road to look at.

New to Sedans

by Geezybeezy from Springfield, mo on Mon Mar 16 2015

This car is great. I am a college student and I've been used to my 99 eclipse GST And sold it for this and I'm not disappointed. This car is strong fast and beautiful. The only thing I don't like is the idrive it is a pain!!! I describe the car as a powerful beastly box. You won't bedisappointed on the highway

I have had mine since 2008

by Decatur Dude on Sun Feb 25 2018

I brought this car in 2008 as a CPO vehicle. I have the sports and cold weather packages. Needless to say, I know a lot about this car. Most of what you are reading about the car is true, but I don't have a lot of the issues some people are having. My car is a 6 speed manual, so I don't have any transmission problems. I have a 125000 on the car, and still have the same clutch. Oil leaks. Yep. Sorry to say unavoidable. The repairs can get rather costly, but find a good mechanic you will be able to manage it. Bottom line. I can not find another car that performs anywhere close to my 545. Even the newer BMW's are the same or not as good in some cases, so why spend money for something I already have. I have thought about selling or trading it, but I simply can't do it. So if you are thinking buying this car, make sure oil leaks have been addressed. If you find one in good condition, you will not be disappointed with the performance. Isn't that the reason we drive BMW's anyway?

A true joy to drive

by My3rdBimmer from MD on Thu Dec 24 2009

iDrive not as difficult as stated in many reviews. Logic7 is big improvement over HK but not perfect. Sport+Comfort seats are excellent. HUD is awesome. Nav is useful, though features are limited compared to newer systems and portables. Check out the later 550i LCI nav if you need more features. Auto is easiest to drive, but the SMG is fun particulary w/the V8. Lots of enthusiest boards and parts/accessory sites. Minor things I'm not liking is the missing coolant guage, replaced with a safe RPM outer ring guage. Few options for mounting additional guages. Not all dealers are knowledgeble of available electronic updates. Bluetooth compatibility varies between phones (more of a BT issue than the car.) Not all shops can properly align active steering. Bentley Manual not available yet?

Great all around car.

by Shamrock313 from Troy, MI on Wed Oct 04 2017

This was a very well-rounded vehicle for me, ahead of it's time in terms of design, performance capabilities, and creature comforts. Though I wouldn't buy another one solely due to reliability issues ranging from faulty electrical systems to costly engine/drivetrain issues which were very difficult and expensive to resolve even for BMW mechanics.

Does not recommend this car!!

Elegant Racehorse

by S.C. Executive from Charleston, SC on Mon Jun 30 2008

Pleasure to drive. Never lets me down when I need that burst of power - and it's got a ton of it! It's classy and understated, yet packs the power of a muscle car; it's the James Bond of the luxury car world. The reliability has been fantastic; NO issues at all. And, if you take the time to actually read the instruction manuals, the supposedly challenging computer controls are a cake-walk and become very intuitive, very quickly. Downside is that you don't want anything to touch your car, besides your hands! It's such a gorgeous piece of machinery. Truth is, I hate leaving it by itself anywhere. Especially in parking lots!

1 2