2007 550

2007 BMW 550

2007 BMW 550

Have you driven the 2007 BMW 550?

The Perfect Car

by DMo Slice from Los Angeles, CA on Tue Jun 15 2010

I absolutely love this car. Power, Styling, Performance, Technology and in a Sedan. A true professionals vehicle while still satisfying an enthusiast desires. Style and substance. The 550 is the way to go. I can not say the same for the 528, 530, 535, or 545, but the 550 is the best of all worlds. If buying a used one, make sure to get one with the gadgets! Heads-up Display is awesome! Enjoy!

You get what you pay for!

by Car Nut from Hendersonville, NC on Wed Sep 28 2011

I have owned my BMW 550i for about 2 years now and I must say that out of all the cars I've owned through the years this one meets all my wants and needs to the T. I wanted a car with plenty of power & the 4.8L V8 360hp delivers that with a smile every time. I also wanted a car that could handle the curvy mountain roads where I live & this car has no problem in that department. Another want is comfort and room for a family & once again I have no complaints. Looks are important to me and this car looks the way it drives! And so far I've not had any service problems.

Awesome ride

by Bazooka Joe from Michigan on Tue Oct 03 2006

New 550I on road trip to the Carolinas was simply awesome. Comfortable, quick , smooth, 25 MPG at above posted speeds. I-Drive is simple to use. Six speed manual gives you all power, and great control of all 360 HPower. I can only say if you can afford the best, this is it. I have never owned a better machine.

Performance and Style

by Skip from Las Vegas on Thu Sep 06 2007

Best car I've ever owned! Advanced technology is evident from the first time you sit behind the wheel. Stylish yet powerful.

Fast and Incredibly Confortable

by Enjoy the drive from Manhattan Beach on Fri Mar 11 2011

This is a great car. Its performance is legendary but what surprised me the most is the comfort. Undoubtedly, unquestionably the most comfortable car on the road, especially when you have contour seating. Active steering is amazing, makes you feel like you are driving a racing car, you hardly move the wheel at all and it responds. Big difference in performance and feel of the car with the 535i. Dealer gave me that as a loaner--it's much slower and really feels like a totally different car. The weight of the engine gives the 550i a totall different feel. Drawback--gas guzzler and at today's prices, ugh!

2008 BMW 550i

by BornNDaSouth from Lexington Park,MD on Tue Apr 22 2014

For years I steered away from German luxury automobile in favor of more economic vehicles. I was as hardcore as they came. Until the day I test drove a BMW. Mind you, I'd owned a few VW's, but they proved to be no comparison to the 550i. What is there to not like about this vehicle!? I'm a hard person to please, but the 550i made me change my way of thinking. I love every minute that I'm behind the well. It did take a few days to get used the ergonomic and to wipe the smile off me face. While I've gotten use to the creature comforts, I still have that huge smile on my face.

The car everyone I know wishes they had

by DEWEREZ from North FL on Wed May 02 2012

This car puts you in a driver seat of a race car. It accellerates through all 6 gears. You can not excede its limits. Take of the DTC traction control and hold hold ON to an ultimate performace car that will have blue lights in your mirror within seconds. If you dont want to go fast? by a lexus or infinite. If you want to know what a car is supposed to due in performace and comfort with safety galore!!! Write the CHECK NOW!!!

First 1,000 miles

by Ursula from St Louis on Sun Jun 01 2014

So far so good. 68k miles and drives like a dream. Sport mode is fantastic on the curves. Surprising how quickly she can turn in and hold a curve. The smg takes some getting used to, it can be a little jerky until it warms up. Getting 19.7mpg at 50/50 highway/city driving. Wish it came with usb and Bluetooth audio. I kept my old accord for winter driving since it's worth the same as winter tires for the bmw.

Best car I have ever owned

by Ed from Winston-Salem, NC on Fri Feb 06 2009

I have owned this 2007 BMW 550i certified pre-owned for three weeks, and I and everyone who gets in the vehicle says it is the best on the road.

The most powerful lexuary car

by Ak from Haledon, Nj on Thu Dec 08 2011

I love the car. The only problem is the price of the parts. The car doesn't brake down too often but when it does , it hurts your pocket

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2

Our Take on the 2007 BMW 550

BMW hasn't changed an awful lot on the 550i for 2007. Not that there was much that really needed changing on the German automaker's best-looking sedan.

Although the midrange 5 Series remains one of our favorites, it still has a few quirks and idiosyncrasies that annoy us.

We tested a lavishly equipped 550i with nearly $14,000 in options and a bottom line of $73,040.

HE: I always feel like I'm nitpicking when it comes time to point out the flaws on a BMW. So maybe we should just get some of the good stuff out of the way first.

That twin-cam 4.8-liter V-8? Sweet! And if you don't mind trying an automatic transmission in place of the standard six-speed manual, the six-speed Steptronic -- a no-cost option... Read More