2017 BMW i3 consumer reviews

side view of 2017 i3 BMW
Explore the 2017 BMW i3
Shop the 2017 BMW i3

So glad I went EV

The ride is a totally different experience. First off, after some practice you rarely need to use the brakes. When you depress or release the accelerator the car automatically begins to slow down, recuperating energy that is passed back to the battery. Response is IMMEDIATE when you press the accelerator. Suicide doors and fold down rear seat allow you to pack this little ride. I had the 2014 version, where the range was minimal--talk about anxiety. Not with this one!

More people should know about the i3!

Purchased a Certified Pre-Owned 2017 BMW i3 REx and absolutely love it. The performance is fantastic, ride is quiet and comfortable, the interior is clean and modern with lots of tech, and it provides the perfect mix of practical electric range with a back-up generator "Range Extender" that mitigates range anxiety. If buying New, these cars wouldn't be such a great value at over $52k, but a certified model can be had for less than half that. Maintenance should be minimal on the all-electric drivetrain, and there's a surprising amount of space inside for a small-looking vehicle. For those of us looking to dip our toe in to the electric market, but don't want to shell out the cost of a new Tesla, a used i3 is a fantastic option.

Practical City Car

This is an excellent vehicle for the city. Self parking, low maintenance cost, best designed and manufactured green vehicle mass produced. Improvements for longer distance may make it more appealing for some, but I rarely drive over 100 miles per day.

An excellent electric vehicle and NO range anxiety

I test drove the Chevy Volt, Nissan Leaf and the BMW i3 with range extender. Hands down, the i3 offered the best all-around experience that I was looking for - electric miles, spacious room, compact form and ability to keep up with traffic as necessary.

My 2017 BMW i3 is FANTASTIC!

BMW meets Electric! What a great combination! Purchased Certified Pre-Owned at BMW of Darien, CT. Paid less than half the price of a new i3. With 170 HP & 184 Torque, you have great speed off the line. Gets up to highway speed fast, and great at zipping in & around city traffic. Plugging into a home 240V outlet, can charge a depleted battery in 7-8 hours. DC Fast Charging is FREE at BMW Centers. GO GREEN & GO BMW i3!

The best electric vehicle

It is the best electric vehicle on the road. Alloy frame, carbon fiber body, 20 inch Ecco tires, and a range extender for the battery puts the I3 in a class of its own. The vehicle is fast, nimble, and a joy to drive. The perfect city vehicle.

Surprisingly Excellent Car

We weren't so sure about buying an i3 without the Range Extender, but we took the plunge in part because this used one had the Tera World upholstery. In reading other reviews, most folks say they never use the REX anyway. The fact that our next scheduled service is fully 18 MONTHS from now reinforced that this is a good way to go. We've already put a few hundred miles on it. Whenever it's in the garage it's on the charger, but we drive past every gas station without even noticing the prices! The interior is super cool. We LOVE the wood accented dash and the very large nav screen. The fact that it parks itself, and will fit ANYWHERE is icing on the cake! And, that's before considering the 33' turning circle. I actually made a u-turn on a two lane residential street without backing up! It's small, for sure. But, that's what you want in a City Car. No gas, no exhaust, can park it anywhere, luxury appointments, 0-60 in 6.6 seconds... What more do you want?!

2.9

Most unreliable car I have driven

great car to drive when new but after 2-3 years the battery range drops and potential issues are difficult to resolved. Have had issue with my REX for 6 months and still unresolved by BMW Park Lane in London. Service?? going in circles

4.4

Electric car without limitations

This car is perfect for the right person with the correct expectations. The car is the REX model ( has an electric gas generator) and in combination provides a minimum of 200 miles of range. Thats driving the car without any limitations or trying to be efficient. If tou drive it in the economy or economi+ setting then you can get 250 miles combined. The car is very light weight and small, so very easy to park, but it fits 4 adults confortable without any issues with olenty of head room and leg room ( I am 6 foots tall and i can get behind my sitting position comfortably) I have the car for a month now, so I can talk about reliability, but I haven put a single drop off gas on the tank since I got it, my commute every day is at least 50 miles, and I charge my car every other day for free at work. In my case this is an advantage but for other people they are several free stations that once you install the app can have access to it. Power is adequate for the size of the car. All and all is a great buy, specially that I got it used with only 8k miles on it and a incredible price. Just with the savings on gas the car will py for itself.

I just love that car. Look, performance everythin.

The best car around the town. The best thing no gas! Save a lot of money! I love it! I really enjoy this car a lot.