2019 BMW i3 consumer reviews

side view of 2019 i3 BMW
Explore the 2019 i3 BMW
Shop the 2019 i3 BMW
2.8

Ugly, or is it quirky...

We were ready to lease it for the advertised price of $199/month. However, the fine print stated that we would need to trade in a BMW. Without a BMW trade in, it was $299. So, the outdated, quirky little electric suv thing quickly became outdated and ugly in our eyes. Strange what $100 a month did to it. But it’s true. It’s an outdated and ugly car. It’s electric range was barely over 100 miles. We would’ve used it for local errands and as a second car. Everything about the interior screamed that it was designed 10 years ago. The exterior was no better of course. On the pro side, it was more fun to drive than we imagined. Acceleration was faster than expected due to its electric motor. No lag. Instant torque. It accelerated smoothly even at HW speeds. Very impressive. And it handled corners like any other bmw, if not better, since it probably had a lower center of gravity. We would’ve taken it for $199/month. But, $299 made it not worth while.

New I3s REX

Just purchased the BMW I3s a few days ago. I purchased the car from a dealership 115 miles away. I picked up the vehicle which had a full charge and the Range Extender showed 68 miles. I live in the south and the temperature was 100 degrees. I drove the car 115 miles (eco pro and comfort modes) at average speeds between 45-70 mph with the a/c on with mixed expressway and backroad routes. Upon arriving home, I had 47 miles of electric range remaining. I was pleasantly surprised.

Newest i3

So far so good. This is our 3rd i3 so we have some previous experience with them. More range, more horsepower & more available options.