2016 i8

4 out of 5 stars Interior Design
4 out of 5 stars Reliability
5 out of 5 stars Performance
5 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have you driven the 2016 BMW i8?

Great Sports Car Hybrid

by BMW and Mercedes Owner from Ontario CA on Fri Aug 05 2016

I bought this car about 3 months ago and I have no complaints. To afford the car, I had to sell my other 2 previous cars; ( 2016 Nissan Maxima SR) ( 2016 Lexus IS350 F-Sport) So i guess you can say I traded a couple great cars for this. But it was well worth it. I like the different driving modes. I mostly drive in the hybrid mode but if I'm not, I'm in track mode. It's got a nice exterior design but kinda plain interior design. I would highly recommend this car! I currently drive this along with a 2016 Mercedes Benz Cla-250. I reccomend both!

Our Take on the 2016 BMW i8

Editor's note: This review was written in October 2015 about the 2015 BMW i8. The laser headlights mentioned are now available for 2016, but little else of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2016, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

The stunning 2015 BMW i8 is both a plug-in hybrid and an exotic sports car. Considering how polar that combination is, the i8 is effective, but not exemplary, in either role.

In an old sketch, "Saturday Night Live" introduced a product that was both a floor wax and a dessert topping. It would be reasonable to expect such a product wouldn't be particularly effective in either role, and I wouldn't blame... Read More