What Is the 2021 BMW M2?
The BMW M2 is a rear-wheel-drive, performance-oriented coupe that seats four. It’s powered by a 405-horsepower, turbocharged 3.0-liter inline-six-cylinder engine that works with a standard six-speed manual transmission or an optional seven-speed dual-clutch automatic. Competitors include the Porsche 718 Cayman, Audi RS 3 and Mercedes-AMG CLA 45.
What’s New on the 2021 BMW M2?
There are no changes this year.
What Features in the 2021 BMW M2 Are Most Important?
- High-output inline-six engine
- Continued availability of a manual transmission
- Active differential
- 8.8-inch touchscreen multimedia system with navigation
- Apple CarPlay smartphone connectivity
- Harman Kardon premium stereo
- Forward collision warning
- Lane departure warning
Should I Buy the 2021 BMW M2?
In an era where performance BMWs are just getting bigger, the M2’s small size recalls earlier M cars. Even though the focus is squarely on performance, the M2 comes with expected luxury and technology features. If the price doesn’t scare you away and you’re a fan of compact performance cars, the M2 is worth a test drive.