2015 M235

2015 BMW M235

2015 BMW M235

Have You Driven the 2015 BMW M235?

See You Later

by slugbeast from Frisco, TX on Fri Aug 14 2015

I bought this car to replace my 5 Series. I did tons of research and actually reserved mine while it was on a boat crossing the Atlantic. The wait was unbearable. The car is fast. I live in an area where fast and exotic cars are the norm. Many times in the parking lot of the grocery store or Home Depot, I have had people stop and admire my car. The car enthusiasts stop and chat about it, others scurry away because they are embarrassed to be gawking at a car. The exterior is beautiful and shiny. Hand wash only. Mine is blue, and it sparkles. The anthracite black detailing as a special touch to the front and mirrors. Get the windows tinted before you take delivery. The front looks menacing. I'm sure people's heart rate jump when they see this thing in the rear view mirror appear suddenly. The exterior is plush and comfortable for the front two passengers. It has 2 more inches of room than my 5 Series in the front. Sorry back passengers. Driving it feels like you are in the cockpit of a fighter jet, with all the controls at your fingertips. No annoying touch screen - the wheel selector works just fine. Stereo is awesome, crank it up with the 800 perfect rocking songs I've installed on the hard drive. It has the M brakes and this car will stop on a dime. A minivan pulled out in front of me into a congested area and stopped in the middle of the road. I went from 45-0 in about 20 feet. Otherwise T-bone. Thank you BMW! Thank god there wasn't a car behind me either! The car handles in a precise manner, cornering at higher speeds is not an issue. Why do you think they have a net in the trunk to hold down your stuff? Choppy on grooved pavement, but what car isn't? This is a lighter car (not as heavy as my 5 Series), so you will fishtail if you stomp on the accelerator. Be wary, all the young punks (which I am not) in their muscle cars will want to race you. The comfort mode is great for long trips, sport mode is great for tooling around town. Backup camera and the radar is great. It senses my basketball goal pole when I pull out of the garage and chirps a warning, then shows on screen my car and where the object is located. The trunk is where they sacrificed the space, but you can still get in several smaller suitcases, a med cooler, and gear. No complaints from me. The days of hauling stuff around are over. My only complaint would be the Send To Google maps stopped working, so I need to call BMW support to see what is going on. It may not be a BMW issue, not sure. The best part of all of this is - 4 years maintenance included, including brakes! You can go wrong with this car. If you love fast BMW's, you will love this. It isn't as "family oriented" as my 5 Series, but that isn't what I want. Get what you want. Get this car. Love this car. Just love it.

Best Value BMW...

by dc1 from sf bay area on Tue Apr 17 2018

I've owned an M5 and and M3, and now have an M235i. While not a full bore 'M' car, the little M235i is a ton of fun, gets good mpg, handles beautifully, and is just fun to own and drive. Bulletproof reliable so far as well. Especially in the used market these cars are superb value imo. No negatives at all, brightest spot is probably the handling...more like BMW's used to handle than the often bloated feel most bimmers have now.

Dont Pass This Car Up

by NJ Car Fan from Mt. Laurel, NJ on Sun Mar 15 2015

This is a wonderful car. This is the first car I've owned that can match and exceed the fun of my S2000 with any sort of practicality, which includes a Golf R. The steering is unbelievable, especially in Sport and Sport Plus mode, and the engine power is seemless. I own the xdrive all-wheel drive version, which easily got me through a tough NJ winter, even with summer tires. I like the rear-bias on the AWD, especially after I drove it back to back with an S3. You can actually take a whole load of groceries in it easily with room to spare. It's not for somebody with a large family, although if you buy it, you'd know that already. I wish it had a bit more agressive styling, but BMW offers a nice front and rear spoilers. I couldn't be more pleased with this car and my dealer. For my first BMW, it is perfect.

Pay A Lot, Get A Lot

by Wilson 2008 from North Texas on Tue Apr 07 2015

I wanted a fast car that would be fun to drive and able to carry four people in comfort. I got two out of three. Put your best friend or favorite girl in the front seat. The back seat riders are not going to like you very much. Other than paying the bring much wampum price that BMW charges, I have zero complaints about the M235. I had driven an Audi S3 and liked the car very much. I saw a new car report where the BMW M235 got a 98 score from a consumer magazine. The Porsche Boxster scored 89. Wow. That made me sit up and take notice. They don't even like cars. They like minivans. That was when I decided to test drive an M235. It was faster, with great brakes and it looked menacing compared to the Audi S3 styling that is shared with VW. I like the sport driving mode and the exhaust note on the M235. The interior is little changed from my last BMW, a 328 a few years back. Is this a "real" M car. No. It is a 2-series with lots of performance upgrades. Will you care when it gets parked in front of the valet line and ogled by hot girls? No. Even BMW owners of 6 and 7 series cars and genuine M cars give me nods and thumbs up. Do I ever wish i had purchased something else? No.

Blend fo comfort, economy and performance

by Mcom from Houston on Fri Feb 20 2015

I purchased the M235i Convertible. This car hits the sweet spot squarely between Comfort, Fuel Economy, and oh yes, performance. Interior Style is great, don't like the Door handle pulls and the speaker volume should be accesible from the idrive 'mouse'. Value as well because you will pay for the performance and the name. Absolutely love the car though, 4.5!

Amazing car!

by Bimmerfan4life from Dallas, Tx on Sat Nov 15 2014

This vehicle combines the best of both worlds! It has amazing performance, including power and handling. It is extremely safe. In addition, it is suitable and quite perfect for every day driving. This car is by far the best car I've ever driven, and I absolutely love it!

small but powerful

by JS from on Fri Apr 28 2017

So much fun driving around in this little car! It's a light car with a big engine. Very nice performance. Parking is great in the city. The fact that it's an AWD is perfect for the weather condition for the area I am driving in. Many people think this car is too expensive and not worth the money. So it's even better because you rarely see anyone else driving the M235. I am enjoying it so much!

Jekyll and Hyde

by CO_Steve from on Wed May 10 2017

This car amazes me in how many different things it does well. It's small, but spacious for two. It's pretty quite and comfortable on long trips. It gets good economy, I've gotten as high as 35 mpg at 65mph. Change driving modes and it's a monster. I have the Dinan S2 and it's so fast. Great exhaust sound at idle. Not a pure sports car but really close. Love driving it.

Very well rounded car for the money

by SnowBroer from Denver, CO on Mon Mar 20 2017

For the price point, this is an amazing car. We returned an M4 for this because for 30K less it has a slight reduction in power, but is smaller and lighter (better for city driving/parking), all the same interior layouts/comforts/benefits (except the HUD). Plus it had AWD (xDrive) for mountain driving. Extremely fun car!

M Car without the M Price

by slugbeast from Frisco, TX on Tue May 16 2017

I admit once I started driving BMW's, I decided I didn't want to drive any other vehicle. I had a 5 Series, that despite the time it spent in the shop (under warranty), it was worthwhile to drive. After the warranty ran out, I bolted, and found the M235i. I have the eye-popping Estoril blue, with a brown interior, aluminum accents. The car is peppy. It has a 320HP engine in a light car, so it moves when you need it to, or want it to. It has the M brakes, so it stops on a dime. You jam on the brakes, it's like your car is stuck in mud. It stops quickly. It has the near M suspension and handling, so if you're looking for a floating luxurious ride, you can stop reading and look for a Lexus. You feel the road, but you also feel in control of the road. The car is agile, quick, and smooth. The exterior is pleasing to look at - get the windows tinted. I also used C-Quartz to give it a WOW shine. The blue is beautiful and distinct in a sea of black, white, and gray cars. The interior, well, it's a BMW so no complaints or problems. The back seat is small, so don't count on it to haul your family around or plan to put car seats there - it won't work. The technology is good, could be better with the various safety features, but what it comes down to is I didn't buy the car so it can warn me of a car next to me. I bought it for the performance at a reasonable price. I like the NAV and music system, the other add-ons like talk to text, while useful, cost extra. You will go through tires. The soft Michelin Pilots they have out the door will last you 16k miles if you're lucky. Be prepared to drop 1,200 on four new tires in the second year. It is a cost of ownership. I recommend this vehicle for those who aren't ready to take the plunge into an M either because of cost or fear of buying used M (anyone who says they drive like a grandma in their M is lying). This is a great commuter vehicle - just enough power and speed to make it fun at a slightly lower cost than a true M.

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2015 BMW M235

Editor's note: This review was written in June 2014 about the 2014 BMW M235i. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2015, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

The BMW M235i subcompact coupe is bigger, better looking, faster and more fun than the 135i it replaces, but a disappointing lack of standard features quickly drives the price up and the desirability down.

German luxury automaker BMW continues to advance its new naming strategy, wherein sedan names use odd numbers and all coupes get even numbers (even "four-door coupes," but let's not go there). The company's smallest conventional offering in the U.S. has been the... Read More