2002 M3

2002 BMW M3

$33 - $31,589  MSRP Range
2002 BMW M3

5 out of 5 stars Performance

Have You Driven the 2002 BMW M3?

My first BMW

by Cavallino328 from San Francisco, CA on Wed Jul 14 2010

I bought this car with relatively low miles from a guy who took good care of it. But it still broke down just weeks later. Power steering pump. Can't predict those things. Everything on this car is expensive-the keys are $200 each, but its worth the money. It's a fun car to drive. It sounds nice. It handles well. Stay on top of the maintenance and I think you'll be happy you bought it. I get compliments all the time on this car. I have been more of a Mercedes/Italian marque guy, but I'm glad I bought this car. If you can get a good deal, do it. But only if you can handle the maintenance and repairs.

My baby

by Javy from Philadelphia on Mon Mar 02 2009

I'm almost 50 yrs. old and have two kids in college but driving my M3 w/ 6 speed stick, makes me feel forever young.. I bought 2002 coupe with 96,540 miles and I tell you it's worth every penny.. Best family sports car for the price and quality.

Fun, Reliable, Fast

by Dtran from Orange County, CA on Tue Sep 20 2011

This car is amazing. The ride is a little rough and maintenance us expensive, but it is worth every little dime. It can accelerate very quickly and the handling is superb. This car is can be described as a tamed beast. It can and will go fast if you taunt it. This car isn't for the average driver because driving is somewhat uncomfortable if you're not used to it. Great car for an amazing price. I recommend finding a manual over the SMG because the SMG has quite a few problems while the 6spd manual is quite reliable.

Bought new with no regrets!

by smg2 from New Jersey on Fri Jun 12 2009

This car is truly awesome! It has never disappointed me. My car is now almost 7 years old but still looks and feels new. Every time I drive it, feels like I'm still driving a brand new car. The engine begs to be driven hard. Unfortunately, it's not always possible and responsible where I live. This is for every enthusiasts who crave for a perfectly balanced car that will perform flawlessly when asked. The only negative thing worth mentioning with this car is how it seems to attract very annoying people. Since new, it has been egged, scratched and the door lock cylinder popped twice. Even then, I love driving this car almost on a daily basis and whenever I get a chance. For those looking to buy a used E46 M3, you won't regret it. I can't imagine the time when I'd have to let mine go. 7 years and I'm still in love!

How to have fun and make friends

by Bmmr Buff from Wyoming on Wed Apr 28 2010

My sons talked me into test driving a M3 when I decided to trade in (up) my Sebring. Long story short: I got an older car, added a little $$, and quadrupled my car experience. I just have to remember to always have a smile on my face to greet all those heads I'm turning!!

Best car I've ever owned

by M. Oleson from Fort Worth, TX on Mon Jul 23 2012

After 10 1/2 years I finally parted with this wonderful car. I was going to have to put some money into it (tires, hoses, belts, etc.) and I was looking for something newer with MP3 and Bluetooth capability. This silver convertible never let me down. The only thing outside of routine maintenance or warranty I ever had a problem with was the motor that raises and lowers the top. A beautiful driver's car. If I could afford it, I'd still have it.

THE BEAST

by K_FED from las cruces New mexico on Thu Sep 30 2010

I got my 2002 M3 bout. year ago. This car is just Awesome.. Handling is great ..Fast like rocket train.. Yes maintence on this car is $$$. So be prepared. And yes.. this car is attractive.. many looks. I mainly drive this car on the weekends. I take great care of it. Looks brand new. I own a SMG. I would've wanted a manual.. But i really like the SMG.. fast shifting. optional firmness settings...even automatic setting on slow lazy days..its great! Mpower///

A TRUE SPORTS CAR

by M3 ENTHUSISAST from Bay area of California on Thu Jun 28 2012

I bought my 02 M3 Convertible with hardtop new in 2002. It has 60,000 miles on it now. I also own an 08 M3, but I like the 02 M3 better. It is smaller and handles better. They are about the same speed wise. The 02 gives me an adrenaline rush when I drive it. It is fast and handles unbelievably well. Lane to lane change is like no other car. I will not sell it. It's appearence is classic even after 10 years, it is a very good looking car. My wife drives it now and she gets compliments on the car all the time.

Best Car I have ever owned.

by Lead Foot from Annapolis, MD on Wed Nov 07 2012

I got my 2002 M3 in 2007 and it has been the most wonderful car I ever owned. Fast, comfortable, fun to drive and unbelievable nimble. Screams on the highway and is super sticky in sharp turns. Get a radar/laser detector, you're going to need it.

New to the M3 Brotherhood

by FelixJ from Bend, OR on Thu Mar 27 2014

Absolutely the most fun I've ever had behind the wheel of a car. Fast and nimble, with the road-grabbing handling that BMW is famous for. I loved my 535i, but this thing is a whole 'nother animal. I refer to it as my little monster, as it is a barely-tamed beast. May not be the best vehicle for large people, as it's pretty low-slung, and the tilt wheel doesn't give you much extra room to get in and out. Performance and styling get an A+. Mine is a 6-sp manual, and I wouldn't want it any other way.

1 2 3