2017 X1

2017 BMW X1

2017 BMW X1

Have You Driven the 2017 BMW X1?

Amazing car

by Leslie from Los Angeles on Fri Jun 02 2017

I love the styling, driving and price of this car. I priced other makes and models and this was far superior for the same or less money for lesser cars. The size is perfect for me and I got the tan leather interior that I wanted for the hot LA summers. I couldn't be happier! I also had excellent sales service at the BMW dealership. We ended up buying 2 cars because of it, and I got more for my car in trade than I expected. All the way around I love BMW!

Best Vehicle I Have Ever Owned

by RLP from Colorado Springs, CO on Fri Feb 01 2019

This is the best driving, best looking, most comfortable, best gas mileage vehicle I have ever owned and I have owned six in my life. All of the other vehicles were American makes. This is the first foreign make vehicle that I have owned. I am 6’ 6” tall and my wife is 6’ 0” and we both have plenty of space. Our two kids fit well in the back seat. Don’t let the exterior perception of the size mislead you. You need to sit in it and drive it to truly experience it. There is also plenty of space in the cargo area. It is a very nice vehicle with superior upgrades over the average vehicle.

Practical yet fun to drive.

by Lounstx from Dallas, TX on Wed Jul 26 2017

This is the perfect car for anyone needing a little extra cargo space but also a sporty feel. The 8 speed automatic is perfectly matched to the engine and seems to multiply its power just when needed.

Best BMW SUV

by Suleiman from Hagerstown, MD on Mon Sep 18 2017

Reasonable price for a BMW. The new design needs more than five stars. The previous model wasn't that great, especially with the exterior design. But the new BMW X1 the design of the exterior is very fabulous comparable to the BMW x6. However, the interior of this car is not that great. Absolutely when you set inside the car, you can tell this is a BMW under 50 thousand dollars. The interior could improve to a better. No matter how small the car there is small BMW like 3 serious with a such a great interior. However, the gas economy of this car is impressive. I used to drive X5 2016, and the cost of the gas is more expensive than the monthly payment. All in all, BMW X1 is the best luxury SUV for the middle class.

out of 5 starsReliability

BMW is the best.

by BMW BUDDY from Milwaukee ,Wi on Mon Nov 04 2019

Go out and lease or buy a BMW. Very safe car. They look nice. Great prices. And excellent service. BMW are very safe in the winter. All wheel drive. They don’t slide.

Olivia is my car!

by Olivia is my Car from San Francisco on Sat Jun 24 2017

Having this car for a mere 10 days, I am so pleased with my decision! The turning radius is perfect, the keyless entry handy, the extended moon roof will please my granddaughter and friends when they are in the back seat. The heated seats and steering wheel will be heaven n the winter. The backup camera is a first for me and I love it. Living in a city, the self park is fun and simple to use. I'm delighted with my decision!

I brought one January 2/2020 awesome car

by Shawn from Philadelphia on Sat Jan 18 2020

Drives great have enough space for my gym items the vehicle is nice so far no problems on the high way drives terrific stereo could be better seats comfortable

Best car I’ve ever bought!

by Lisa from Boyds, Maryland on Wed Aug 12 2020

Gorgeous car inside and out. Never would have expected to purchase a certified pre-owned vehicle, but I would do it again. My parents actually thought it was brand new!

My First BMW - X1

by Dainty1 from Newark, NJ on Tue Aug 20 2019

This vehicle loves me..!! This is my very first BMW and very first SUV. Thus far, this leased, new vehicle choice has been a wonderful experience.

Nice Compact SUV

by BMWgal from Cary NC on Fri Mar 10 2017

I like the 2017 as an upgrade from the 2014, unfortunately I lease and didn't like the increase of residual value reflected in my new payment. Things I don't love: Sports mode doesn't stay activated, can't store music from CDs into vehicle (could be the package changed). Things I love: More room in back row, auto liftgate, more storage space in trunk.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2017 BMW X1

The verdict:

The redesigned BMW X1 is astonishingly practical, but it's less of an ultimate driving machine than the automaker's faithful may care for.

Versus the competition:

Given it's a BMW, the X1's unremarkable drivability is shocking, but it delivers in spades what many other subcompact luxury SUVs sacrifice: actual utility.

Editor’s note: This review was written in February 2016 about the 2016 X1. The 2017 adds a front-wheel-drive variant with a lower starting price, but little else of substance has changed with this year’s model. To see what’s new for 2017, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

The second generation of BMW’s smallest SUV drops its predecessor’s performance hallmarks: near-perfect weight distribution and an available turbo six-cylinder that made the X1 more rocket ship than SUV. We drove the 2016 X1’s sole variant, the xDrive28i (compare it with the 2015 X1 here).

Exterior & Styling