2018 BMW X2 consumer reviews

side view of 2018 X2 BMW
Explore the 2018 X2 BMW
Shop the 2018 X2 BMW

My first luxury brand

I wanted a small suv which can be used as a daily commute and had good handling and performance when needed. It has been a good ride so far. Very functional and easy to use commands.

Great Car!

This car met all my needs and expectations. Love the styling and performance. It is a joy to drive. The buying experience was great from West Herr BMW.

Great performance. Car wants to be driven

The car is nimble and fun to drive. Great steering, braking and acceleration. Car grips the road and is feels very safe. The side BMW badges make the car easy to recognize and stand out among the sea of small SUV's.

1.6

Rust after 25000 km

My BMW X2 got the rust just after 25000 km. Brakes of this car is horrible. I called BMW Canada and they do not cover the cost. The Newmarket dealership is the place that I bought the car, they also do not cover the cost. Why should I pay more for this type of expensive cars???!!!

This car is an absolute joy!

Extremely comfortable, handles beautifully, surprisingly good performance, very good looking, surprising fuel economy. My car is the rare and unusual "sunset orange metallic" color and it really stands out!

Upgraded from 2003 BMW 325i to 2018 BMW x2 xdrive!

Economical, well equipped, spacious, security and fun to drive! Switching to a SUV was the better thing ever and not sure if I will drive a car again! Being a long time BMW driver, the x2 wins my heart! Indeed, the ultimate driving machine!

4.1

Nimble sporty driving machine

I bought BMW X2, it is nimble and fun to drive, slim edgy shape not boxy, hot and trendy eye catcher, small on the outside but roomy inside, it is German and a BMW. The best part of the design is the BMW logos on the C pillars, very neat and exclusive. Power is surprisingly strong and fast. Interior LED all around light strips are always on, can pick colors, neat. Pretty much what I wanted. I scheduled to see a X3, but salesman brought up X2, never even heard of X2, but I was impressed. It is an 18 months used rental car 32K miles $25K at Enterprise, reasonable no bargain fixed price, looks and smells brand new. After driving big luxury MB, Jaguar, Cadillac and Hummer for decades, we wanted a smaller 4 seats car, maybe a smaller SUV but with some prestige, a total change in autos. Takes a little getting used to without all the luxury leather, wood, all features and soft comfy ride, but we still miss some luxury features, but in exchange, we got a nimble sporty driving machine. It has most of the modern features, but missing important things like iPhone map on screen, front and back sensors, folding mirrors, garage door opener. Backseats are fine for 6’ tall adults, outward vision is limited but okay, a bit too noisy and bumpy, price for being sporty. We had to buy sun visor extender, sun visors are too small for my wife, visors don’t cover setting sun for her, fine for 6’ tall me. At last moment, we had to choose between BMW X2 vs MB GLA, same price, we picked X2, mainly we want a paradigm shift in what we had for decades. MB would be a safe pick, had MB for decades. My first and last BMW was 320i 40 years ago, that was a super fun driving machine, I never expected to run into another fun driving machine again; have driven other heavier BMWs, they were not fun to drive, X2 is fun to drive. First few days we thought we picked the wrong car, I seriously considered returning X2, but as time went on, we like it very much, not “love” yet. I think it made us feel younger, a little back to our yuppie disco days.

Just got car in less than 24 hours...great so far

Met all my needs and with the bells and whistles. Received more than I bargained for...everything about the car was right and the buying experience from start to finish was seamless

3.7

Great for the money

I had great deal on the car. I used to own audi s4 before, so performance wise x2 isnt the fast however I love steering wheel feels and response. I had to replace rear light at 5000 mile. Due to faulty bulb socket. It wasn't pleasing experience to bring my brand new car to service. They haven't offered loaner for repair and send me back home until the part is arrive.

This is a fun, terrific looking, luxurious vehicle

The X2 is built with physique. Extraordinary vehicle. The twin turbo sounds great. The tech quickly adapts to your needs without requiring user to "try to figure it out." The 19 inch alloy wheels look great. The interior is sleek. The seats are extremely comfortable although the back seats might be a challenge for large people.