2006 X3

4.3 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

The Ultimate Driving Machine

by Wolfie from Wisconsin on October 27, 2007

"10" "10" "10" I rate this car a solid "10" This is the best vehicle that I have ever owned,I don't know why I haven't owned one sooner. Quality through out the interior and exterior. All controls are in reach and easy to use. Adaptive headlights should be standard on all vehicles as well as the Sensor wipers. The engine is so smooth during all phases of driving. Be careful on the HWY as you take your eyes off the speedo your doing 80-85 easily. I would highly recomend this BMW to anyone.

Wasn't sure - won me over

by Dieffenbach from Fairfield, CT on June 9, 2009

My wife and I ordered our 2006 Blue Water metallic X3 in late fall 2005. We chose the Cold Weather package, premium sound system and leather seats as options. I have always been a BMW / Audi fan, but was only lukewarm when my wife chose the X3 to replace an aging Toyota that she had driven since her college days. With that as context, I now can say that at the end of our 3 year lease I was extremely happy to be able to negotiate a fair price with BMW to purchase the SAV. We have driven it all over the country and have enjoyed its panoramic moonroof, beautiful and supportive seats and downright dependable every day ride. In the 72,000 miles that we have put on the X3, the only repair that we have had to make is to fix a small leak in the window washer fluid reservoir.

The Ultimate Driving SAV!

by Beemer Believer! from Northern, VA on April 28, 2013

I wanted to get a SUV but didnt want some hum drum, no handling SUV that was no fun to drive. I started researching and found the BMW X3. I know BMWs are awesome driving cars but when I got behind the wheel of this SAV everything changed for me. The X3 has gobs of smooth power, handles like a dream, and looks awesome doing it. The one thing I am having a problem with is that if you leave the doors open, the battery dies very quickly and you need to get a boost. Maybe this is just my particular vehicle and I am taking it to the dealer to have it checked out. Other than that, this SAV rocks and I love the fact that when people ask me now what I drive, I love saying that I drive a BMW!

2nd BMW I've owned

by Ralph from Alletown, PA on October 9, 2006

Traded in my big Acura MDX for this 2006 BMW excutive car. I consider the $35,000 certified used car price with only 12,000 on it a good deal. If you don't look at the odometer you would never know it was used. This SAV is smaller and much better handling than the MDX, although mileage is only slightly better. Does everything you would expect from a BMW and carry your stuff too! I read the reviews and heard all the complaints about the still ride. Americans must really be getting soft because the ride is softer than most SUVs and the handling is much better. It could use a little more color in the interior (the 2007 has more wood trim) and the cup holders are way behind the times. Otherwise, buy one and have fun!

A Little SUV That Can

by Rallyrider from Virginia on October 10, 2012

For drivers who want a fun, powerful, manageable ride, economy in fuel and maintenance, and the style of a European manufacturing leader, the BMW X3 is a fit. I love my X3. I load my kayak on my racks, put the Irish Setter in the rear cargo area... throw a saddle or 50 lb bag of grain the back for my horses, connect my grand-babies' car seats in my child safety seat ready back seat... I just love this car. Have had minimal maintenance needs. Just bbeen a great SUV to own.

Nice AWD

by mae3 from chicago on January 4, 2010

We just purchased this vehicle with 24,000 miles on it. We are very happy with the quality and handling. Not sure why people are complaining about the transmission. I think it changes gears very smoothly. We own a 328 BMW and a c240 Mercedes, and this by far is the most fun to drive! However, the gas mileage is not great...

by Michelle from Chicago on September 16, 2013

Love this car. Only had it a month. It rides well, nice acceleration, great handling, comfortable. The seats are stiff, but it match well with the styling and drive of the vehicle. The console is easy to use, easy to reach, love the bluetooth feature. Autostick is a nice option, gives more drive type options. Sporty little SUV, I do recommend this car to those in the market for a small sized SUV.

Great Value for the money

by Great Used upscale suv from Grand Rapids MI on April 3, 2015

I purchased this suv pre-owned from a dealer and could not be happier. All the maintenance, repairs and fluid checks were completed and the vehicle came with a 90 day warranty. The SUV has the retro style dashboard which is nice as it does not look like every other BMW. It handles beautifully in all weather. I drove it cross country and went through snow, rain, fog, ice and wind and I got 23 miles to the gallon and it drove like a champ. I am a huge BMW fan and own four. This suv was a great addition.

Best car I've ever owned!

by Kristen from San Marcos, Texas on June 18, 2012

My shopping for an SUV began when I brought home my 2nd dog - I knew my G35 would no longer be an option for me. Once I drove an X3 BMW, I was hooked - the all wheel drive makes me feel safe & secure at all times, even during a flash flood, like we get often here in Texas. This is the best SUV I've ever driven and would buy one again!

BMW X3 (2006) vs Toyota Rav4 Sport (2008 V6)

by szabaka from Vermont (Northern) on May 6, 2011

While comfortable to drive, and providing more legroom than the Toyota Rav4, the X3 with 3.0 (automatic) clearly has a lower power/weight ratio than the Rav4 V6 (automatic), and is noticeably noisier at city speeds. The X3 quiets down on the highway. It is, however, a sweet ride. The rain sensing wiper option is very handy as are the memory positions which adjust the seat and outside rear mirrors. Given the choice again if I were to buy a car that is 5-yr old, I would still stay with the BMW as the Rav4 holds it's pricing at a higher level - so, considering the higher maintenance costs, the BMW end up being pretty equivalent. The fuel mileage; however, is less attractive. Deep snow performance of both cars is excellent. Braking power of the BMW is outstanding. The roof window of both cars is outstanding with the area of the X3's being outstanding. Handling of both is excellent, with a slight preference to the X3.

1 2 3