2008 X3

4.2 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Good looks and handeling - X3 Sport Package

by TNDriver from on May 10, 2011

I have owned this car fro about a year and a half - bought a certified pre-owned. It has lived up to expectations in every regard. It handles well and while the ride can be a bit harsh on rough pavement, it is more comfortable that many reviews led me to believe it would be. I really like the way it looks, the color coordinated wheel wells and bumpers of the sports package really make the overall look work. I have been pleased with the gas milage - for an SUV. Two minor complaints - I have had odd warning lights coming on only to take it in and find there is no problem. the second is a bit more significant and one that has been reported by others. The transmission takes getting used to. You can not punch the accelerator and expect an immediate kick of power. There is a lag so you have to be aware and accommodate for that.

Great small SUV

by Luv BMW from Suburb of Boston, MA on January 2, 2011

My 2006 X3 has been very reliable and the handling and performance have been excellent. I sometimes forget that I'm in an SUV and not a sedan. The gas mileage has been great. I have had very minimal problems with my X3, and most of the time, it's been covered under warranty. the cost of ownership has been very low so far and I'm just about to roll over to 100,000 miles. The rear seat is a little tight, especially if you need to fit a rear-facing infant car seat behind the driver. I love the fact that the floor of the cargo area pulls out so you can flip it over the a hard plastic surface in case you are transporting something messy and don't want to worry about soiling the carpet. I only wish my model had the heated steering wheel and an MP3 adapter. I'll likely trade mine in for another X3 if not an X5.

Awesome Vehicle

by Skids from NY on August 16, 2009

Purchased as a in house loaner from dealer, saved thousands. Loaded, everything except navigation which wasn't recommended anyway. Style, great handling,comfort and excellent performance.

Best small SUV on the Australian market

by Bushie from Australia on July 9, 2008

The car's handling on outback roads, together with the performance and low fuel consumption of the 2 litre diesel motor, make this car an excellent touring choice.

Great car with main weak point.

by kian from Los Angeles, CA on August 9, 2017

I had two x3s. They are overl good and fully loaded with everything, but they all suffer for transmission problems. If you going to buy a used one make sure to check the transmission properly before purchasing a used one.

Nice performance, Great Styling and Design!

by A Happy Bimmer Guy from New York, NY on April 23, 2011

I have driven a lot of other cars in this segment. BMW X3 beats them all hands down! Great car with nice design touches. Like the hydraulic coffee cup holder on the passenger side. The full panaromic moon-roof is also amazing. I can write a lot about it, but just know this, BMW X3 is a great buy.

Highly Recommend 2008 BMW X3

by micbk90 from Pittsburgh, PA on May 25, 2015

I bought my '08 BMW X3 a year ago and have been extremely pleased!!! It has the sport package, the cold weather package and the premium package so it have everything except navigation. I absolutely love the moonroof and the heated steering wheel!!! Lots of great amenities like Bluetooth and programmable garage door opener. It had 47K when I purchased it and now has 59K and I have not had one problem with it. It's very reliable, super comfortable to drive and is great in the snow. I live in Pittsburgh so we get quite a bit in the winter. The AWD is fantastic. I'm petite (5'0") and this is the perfect size SUV for me. Not to small and not too big. I can not say enough about how happy I am to drive this BMW. I have had 3 Audi's, a Volvo and this is my first (and definitely won't be my last!) BMW.

2008 X3 Still the Best

by Gert in Florida from Tampa, Fl on March 3, 2012

First of all - I love BMWs so let's get that out of the way. I had a 2005 X3 with over 100,000 miles. With loan rates at their lows, I have been looking for a newer model (2008) for a while. Neither the 2005 or 08 were fully maxed out on options. Leatherette interior for example. I love the drive and the solid aspect of feeling the road plus power. I love this new 08 but it drives a little differently. Not as much of a road hugger as the 05 and 6 gears now is a slower start with less "punch" - BMW could add a few more luxury interior features (places to stow stuff) for all their vehicles but overall I LOVE this model. I drive a lot of miles for work and never get tired after a days worth of driving. It seems a little lighter body wise - less "thunk" when closing the doors. Overall, she's a beauty and takes me where I want to go (quickly).

X3 A great choice

by J Betsker from Lebanon, NJ on June 11, 2012

The X3 strikes a balance between more room than a sedan and the performance that my 325Xi had. I needed more room for the baby seat, but didnt want to give up the fun of driving my 2005 325Xi. The nav system and interior are updated in the newer models which is be a big plus. Still, I'd buy an X3 again.

great car

by beamer from Boston, MA on March 25, 2013

I am thrilled with my 2008 BMW X3, which I bought used. So far it has lived up to its reputation. My only complaint is the relatively low gas mileage (21mpg).

1 2 3 4 5