2003 Bmw X 5

by from Westport, CT on July 15, 2017

This is a comfortable, well equiped car that looks great. Fits 5 people and loads of cargp space. Drives smooth, safe, reliable. Handles well in the winter. BMW is a reliable car company and their cars last.

Uses car for Havingfun

Uses car for Havingfun

great suv

by from on May 22, 2017

wonderful car to own. performance is comparable to nothing else on the road. interior features and styling are amazing.

Great SUV

by from Burbank, Illinois on May 14, 2017

Very nice SUV and looks great! Great cargo space and sporty. Nice convenient options. Sunroof automatic leather seats, heated seats.

POWERFULL BEAST

by from Allentown,PA on May 13, 2017

Strong and heavy beast-Excellent performer for the price, with the exception of gas consumption(15-20 MPG). Great SUV for the whole family. Holds the road great on the long runs.

Love it....but!!

by from on February 7, 2017

I really do love my 2003 X5, I really do. I've had it for almost a year. I've already spent $6000 in maintenance. It's also the 4.4i. When I first bought it, I voluntarily did a couple of recommended maintenance items. Besides two oil changes, the dealer has ripped me off twice for unnecessary repairs... the others were necessary and all common issues. CCV, valley pan leak, water pump, faulty key fob, and most recently the key lock cylinder broke so I couldn't get into it. I'm ready to drive it for a good few months without something going wrong. I don't feel that I have a lemon, because it drives great! I recommend doing major research before purchasing a BMW of any kind. Find out what the common problems are so you won't be blindsided by the silly things that can go wrong with older models. Find a good Indy mechanic to save yourself some dough on big $$$ repairs. With all that being said, I love the truck and also own a 4 series as well. The drive and handle on a BMW is incomparable. I own Mercedes and Lexus, yet always drive my BMW due to the driving experience. I've spent a good amount on maintenance for the X5, but I would do it all over again. Love this brand.

Totally Disappointed

by from on January 8, 2016

Purchased 2003 BMW X5 4.4i with 62k miles. I owned before WV Jetta, Mazda Millenia, Pontiac G6, Acura RSX, Infiniti FX35(BEST),Audi A4 and than i purchased BMW. First and last for sure. It was problem after problem every other day new issue, from small things such as door handle to transmission, oil leaks, electronics. I lost $15k in two years. I took it to dealer for trade and these cars don't hold the value at all. I took what ever dealer offered me and made a huge party after because getting rid of this junk was one of the happiest days of my life. I WOULD NEVER EVER PURCHASE ONE AGAIN. Now I have 2006 Honda Pilot with 227k miles and other than regular maintenance i did not spend one extra dollar for repairs.

Best SAV~SUV I have ever driven!

by from Seattle, WA on August 21, 2015

I was very leary at first when I bought my 2003 X5 last year. I was worried about some of the maintenance issues I've heard about. My 2003 X5 had 121,300 mile on it already. It looked great, not a scratch or dent on it. It runs like a dream. The suspension and drive train are very solid and stable, better than most other cars, and that compliment is coming from a person who has owned dozens of nice cars over the years. I would not trade this vehicle in for no other, maybe another BMW. I highly recommend this vehicle if you have records showing it has been well maintained.

Great Car For The Money All Around

by from Chicago, Illinois on June 13, 2014

Since I had to make the switch from sports cars to a more family vehicle this SUV made the transition much more bearable. The all around performance & handling is impressive for what feels like a heavy/sturdy vehicle. Surprisingly the gas mileage isn't terrible, but it's a luxury SUV not a Civic. It's loaded with user friendly options, I only wish it had navigation. Aside from the it has everything going for it from safety, styling, comfort & performance. Since they can not be bought under $10,000 it makes them a value too!

Our Expert Review: 2003 Bmw X 5