2004 Bmw X 5

A Substantial SUV

by from Chicago, IL on October 19, 2006

I've been driving an X5 for a few weeks now and the first thing that struck me about it was how substantial it is. Heavy doors. high-effort and purposful controls. Accurate but deliberate handling. Gutsy and lovely-sounding V-6. There's a subsystem or adjustment for everything. This car makes my Acura feel like an economy car. When they say German engineering, I get it now. It has less to do with build quaility (like a Toyota) and more to do with servicability, material quality and durability.

2004 BMW X5 4.4i

by from los angeles on June 26, 2010

had this car for 3 years, and all those years prblem free, hands down the best car I have ever owned

2004 x5 4.4i

by from los angeles on June 10, 2010

owned the vehicle for almost 2 years w/o any major issues, drives like a sports car, I loved every single thing about it.

GREAT Sport Utility!

by from Roswell, GA. on July 7, 2011

This car is like ia like a TANK! No wiggling or wobbling just pure ultimate driving machine like the commercials say! If you want GREAT performaning, solid & BEAUTIFUL car-look no more!!! It's all wrapped up in 1 package in the BMW-X5! I sold my 1st BMW X-5 almost 3 years ago & am SOOOOOO GLAD that I bought another one! Best decision I could have made!

Sporty performance with decent MPG

by from La Jolla, CA on May 11, 2011

This is my first X5 and I like so far. Much better than my ML 320. Power is excellent , MPG is fair at about 20 overall. Interior is nice and roomy with comfortable seats. I will probably keep this one for awhile if it continues to be dependable.

Fast, fun, but skip the sport suspension

by from San Francisco, CA on September 22, 2008

Really a very nice car, but it rides exceedingly stiff with the sport suspension on 19" rims. So skip the sport suspension! Note that I love tighter cars, and have had an M5 and 740 sport..but the X5 is over the top on stiffness with the sport suspension. Also, the panoramic sunroof (the BIG sunroof!) can leak very slightly(ours fixed under warranty) and there is a software upgrade avail. from BMW for a "clunking" transmission (we have a 2004 w/6-spd auto). Aside from that, it's great...fast, great brakes, good sound system, we love the sport seats, the nav is much better than earlier BMW nav systems, the finish is fantastic, etc. Ours has 40K miles on it with very few issues.

The best car I have never owned. I love it

by on August 28, 2017

Great SUV AWD. The engine is great. Inside everything is really comfortable, I really love it. I strongly recommend it.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Bmw x5

by from on April 8, 2017

Very nice vehicle, runs great and only has 115k miles on it. New all season tores and new brakes. I have been very happy with the car, i just want to get a new car

Do the maintenance - you'll have a real jewel

by from Dallas,Texas on October 13, 2017

One heck of an automobile - keep up the maintenance and you will have no problems - the safety of this car is as good as it gets - I would highly recommend to anyone who wants a German made vehicle - it will last for many of miles head...

Can't get a better vehicle than this one!

by from Knoxville, TN on March 9, 2017

I am happy for what I have paid, this car runs good, exterior and interior looks great. For a 2004, I believe this car looks new and well taken care of.

Our Expert Review: 2004 Bmw X 5