2007 Bmw X 5

definitely feel safe driving in snow/ rain.

by from vancouver, bc on January 4, 2007

I drove the 07 X5 before placing an order. The comfort seats were, as we speak real "comfy". My husband and I have had the previous model of X5 as well... and I feel such a difference in the drive and the handling. Love the extra hp. Having driven the CLK AMG, I needed the extra hp. to keep up with speed. It can't compare in terms of speed. But will do great in the snow and certainly help with the pouring rain. The newly designed rubber mats are locked into the floor, so getting in and out of the car won't cause it to leave its place. The X5 really drives more like a bigger 530. The car is definitely bigger than the previous X5 model, but still manageable. Works well if you have PDC.

An improoved luxury SUV!

by from San Francisco, CA on December 22, 2006

I thought this suv was going to be in the dust. But it got better. What I like about ti now is that is has a strong engine, more technical specs, and the third row seat. I would get this vehicle!

Depends what you want it for

by from on April 27, 2014

A grate car!! Beautiful look, sound, performance. It just depends on why you want it. If you want it to show off around your teenage friends that car is not for you, sorry... Go buy a 325 then. If you want something that is going te be a cooperation of traveling and business car you feel safe with these is something you are searching for. It is representation of success and confidence. You can even buy it for your wife if you want. The only brob with its American version that it is not as reliable and long living as its German sibling.

Awosome Ride

by from on January 9, 2014

"I bought the 2006 X5 ,It is fantastic. I get around 27-30 mpg highway and city. I can fit my two carseats and a kid inbetween. The back even holds the double stroller with room for other stuff, too."

george

by from georgia on January 29, 2016

best car, comfortable. for travell for family for fun.. :)) best car, comfortable. for travell for family for fun.. :))

Great drive, small mechanical issues will drive yo

by from Albuquerque on June 4, 2017

This car is really smooth driving. Lot's of small mechanical issues that add up in price. Parts and regular maintenance can be very pricey as well. BMW's also have a history of radio/sound issues with the stereo and components located in the rear trunk. I would not recommend anyone purchasing this particular model of BMW.

I want to drive the car...not the other way around

by from Stratham NH on November 12, 2010

I had a 2001 X5 and loved it. Traded it for a 2007 with 20K miles. Beautiful ride, sounds good, handles well, feels safe BUT the Idrive is horrendous. Not intuitive. You have to pull off the road in order to change a setting...First week I had the "certified" car, the alarm system went. It got replaced. The steering wheel leather peeled... very weird. That was replaced including the buttons. This is my third bimmer I have owned. Now, probably the last. I want to drive this car; I do not want the car to drive me. My 1998 3-series convertible is a driving machine. What is BMW doing to these new cars? Please!

If reliabilty is wanted, buy Lexus.

by from Marlborough Ma. on April 25, 2008

Purchased car in Sept of 07 and have had the car serviced 3 times for "computer" problems. Received a new radio within the first 12 weeks, high battery drain warning light came on after 4 months and was in shop for 4 weeks. Now at month 7, TPM malfunction warning light is on and is yet to be resolved. This has all been covered under warranty but I did not buy an 2007 x5 so I could drive an x3 as a loaner car because mine is being serviced.

Big mistake,called X5

by from wisconsin on February 28, 2011

I like to drive it but men!!!! Electric problems over and over again.I have thi car for less than 2years and spent olready over 5000$ on repears.F it!!!It is time for me to let it go.

I miss my old X5

by from Langley, VA on April 25, 2007

I have had three BMW's in the past six years including two X5's. Recently I just purchased the 2007 X5. With the purchase of any new 2007 X5 the car comes with run flat tires. BMW does not give the option of choosing regular tires. Since run flats are extra-stiff tires because of there zero pressure characteristic the ride on the new X5 is horrible. DO NOT BUY the X5 becasue the ride will disappoint you. I called BMW of North America to let them know but they don't seem to care. This is my honest opinon. I don't want anyone to spend over 50K on a car and go change the tires becasue the ride is horrible.

Our Expert Review: 2007 Bmw X 5