2007 X5

2007 BMW X5

2007 BMW X5

3.7

Have You Driven the 2007 BMW X5?

definitely feel safe driving in snow/ rain.

by car fanatic from vancouver, bc on Thu Jan 04 2007

I drove the 07 X5 before placing an order. The comfort seats were, as we speak real "comfy". My husband and I have had the previous model of X5 as well... and I feel such a difference in the drive and the handling. Love the extra hp. Having driven the CLK AMG, I needed the extra hp. to keep up with speed. It can't compare in terms of speed. But will do great in the snow and certainly help with the pouring rain. The newly designed rubber mats are locked into the floor, so getting in and out of the car won't cause it to leave its place. The X5 really drives more like a bigger 530. The car is definitely bigger than the previous X5 model, but still manageable. Works well if you have PDC.

An improoved luxury SUV!

by Luxury lover! from San Francisco, CA on Fri Dec 22 2006

I thought this suv was going to be in the dust. But it got better. What I like about ti now is that is has a strong engine, more technical specs, and the third row seat. I would get this vehicle!

LOVE IT! -----SO FAR......

by foxdjs from brentwood, ca on Mon Oct 30 2017

Just bought my 2007 3.0 X5 a little over a month ago.....so can't really attest to it's reliability - although, reading some of the reviews here make me a little shook over it. LOL LOVE the spaciousness of it - drives like a dream - steering is a little stiff - but, it's a BMW. I don't want to "jinx" it and rave too much. So far, so good. Have the "check engine idiot light" come on every now and then, randomly - throwing a 2A19 code - "fuel tank venting valve" then, it just goes away, so I don't know what that's all about, and not looking forward to going down THAT rabbit hole.... Other than that, (and watching the gas gauge literally go down - gas mileage is absolutely dismal in this thing) - I absolutely love it. Very stylish, sharp vehicle that rides and performs like a sedan. And the engine goes when you need it to go. Very zippy. It's a great car, thus far - luxurious and practical for what I need/use it for, with TONS of interior room.

george

by george from georgia on Fri Jan 29 2016

best car, comfortable. for travell for family for fun.. :)) best car, comfortable. for travell for family for fun.. :))

I want to drive the car...not the other way around

by Loved My Old Driving Machine from Stratham NH on Fri Nov 12 2010

I had a 2001 X5 and loved it. Traded it for a 2007 with 20K miles. Beautiful ride, sounds good, handles well, feels safe BUT the Idrive is horrendous. Not intuitive. You have to pull off the road in order to change a setting...First week I had the "certified" car, the alarm system went. It got replaced. The steering wheel leather peeled... very weird. That was replaced including the buttons. This is my third bimmer I have owned. Now, probably the last. I want to drive this car; I do not want the car to drive me. My 1998 3-series convertible is a driving machine. What is BMW doing to these new cars? Please!

Does not recommend this car!!

If reliabilty is wanted, buy Lexus.

by Hoping things get better. from Marlborough Ma. on Fri Apr 25 2008

Purchased car in Sept of 07 and have had the car serviced 3 times for "computer" problems. Received a new radio within the first 12 weeks, high battery drain warning light came on after 4 months and was in shop for 4 weeks. Now at month 7, TPM malfunction warning light is on and is yet to be resolved. This has all been covered under warranty but I did not buy an 2007 x5 so I could drive an x3 as a loaner car because mine is being serviced.

Does not recommend this car!!

Worst car I have ever owned

by Disappointed BMW Owner from New Orleans , Louisiana on Tue Nov 13 2007

My 2007 BMW X5 has 1175 miles on and broke down 4 times with the same problem = it won't start ! 3 times it's been towed and once it broke down again with the same problem after I was called by the dealership that it was fixed and ready for pick-up . By far the worst car I have ever owned

The Most Unreliable Suv I've Ever Owned

by Don't Buy This Headache!Do your research! from Cincinnati on Sun Dec 04 2011

This vehicle is not worth the money! Buy a Porsche or a Mercedes! Please do your research 1st. Electical system always malfunctions! I drove the BMW Dealer vehicles more than I drove my own. This vehicle is always in the shop! Repairs are always over $1000.00. Please reconsider this headache!

Good & Expensive European SUV

by Harry from Dallas,TX on Fri Jun 01 2007

It handles very well on the road. Like the safety features overall. My final decision came to be to choose from a Suburvan 2007 LTZ, the Audi Q and the X5 BMW. Let's see how I feel after 12 months. So far so good...!

Would like to compact the car myself

by X5 4.8 Owner from on Mon Apr 27 2009

At this point road-side assistance is showing up every two weeks for the same problem - won't start. On two instances, my electronic transmission has decided to not shift out of park. Apparently, this unfixable battery drain shorts the transmission's computer. To add insult to injury, the last two times it did not start, (this weekend and two weeks ago) had the car loaded up for a trip. When the battery dies, one cannot open the electronic lock on the tailgate. To get the bags out (and load them into my mercedes which always runs) required lowering the seats and pulling the luggage through the passenger compartment. Bottom line is that there are serious electrical problems with the design.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2007 BMW X5

The BMW X5 was one of the pioneers in the performance SUV segment when it was launched in the 2000 model year. Its focus on onroad excellence, as opposed to offroad capability, was a sensible move, considering BMW's brand heritage and how seldom most consumers venture off-road in their SUVs. The second-generation, 2007 X5 continues in this vein but now comes with more power and can seat up to seven.

Our test X5 had the optional 4.8-liter V-8, and it's a great engine for a few reasons. It makes plenty of power at low engine speeds and propels the X5 at will around town and on the highway. The V-8 is forceful in its power delivery but never becomes unrefined; this engine is smooth anywhere on the rpm... Read More