Model Details

2000 BMW Z3 Consumer Reviews

Average based on 12 reviews

Fun to Drive

by from San Francisco Bay Area on June 25, 2009

I have the 2.8 six cylinder and this car flies. It's also been very dependable, with no problems in the four years I've owned the car. I'd owned a 5 serious and really liked the BMW. I was shocked at what a good value the Z-3 was for the money. Nothing else even came close to it's performance for the money, so I brought it used and have not ever regretted it. I'm constantly getting comments from various corners about my hot expensive sports car and I never tell them they could have one to for well under $20,000. There's nothing like a day spent cruising the back roads of wine country in my Z-3.

BMW Z3

by from Cape Cod , Ma on May 18, 2011

Bought a 2000 BMW Z3 in Mar 2011. Luckily I found a BMW mechanic that does side work. I replaced brakes , rotors and drive belts. The car is our summer car and is lots of fun to drive. I owned 3 Miata,s before the Z and it's a world of difference. The Z is roomy, has leg room and plenty of power. The trade off is repairs are more money, but you only go around once, so if you are planning on a fun roadster, I would recommend the BMW Z3.

Excellent Weekend car or Daily Driver

by from TX on March 19, 2008

I have owned the z3 2.3 roadster since 4/2000. It was mainly used as a weekend car for the first 3-4 years, but has since been changed to a daily driver. The car is currently up to 51k miles. Handles great, engine is not a beast but is more than sufficient and provides smooth power throughout all gears. Only complaint I have is that during heavy rain, water leaks a bit in one area between the window and softtop seal. Car is generally easy to maintain (oil, coolant, power steering fluid, air filter changes are all easy DIY jobs). Because it is a bmw, some things have to be ordered or maintained at the dealer or a good independent shop so maintenance could cost more than a typical honda or toyota. The most costly maintenance to the car has been new tires and a leaking valve cover gasket, so not a big deal. Its a car to enjoy!

Fun car

by from Winchester, IN on November 1, 2010

I have owned another BMW for 4 years now, and this one is another great example of BMW quality. The power, handling, and overall feel is superb. The seats are the biggest drawback for me, the are very uncomfortable and lack any padding. The style is outstanding, handling is incredible, and the comments from others is daily. Watch out for fraud....these are getting rarer and the temptation to change odometers is getting higher. I wish it had a glass rear window.

Best Bang For The Buck

by from Los Angeles, CA on March 14, 2009

I've owned my Z3 for almost 6 years with zero problems. The 2.3 isn't screaming but more than adequate, the interior legroom is impressive and materials are excellent. The car still feels solid. At 45k, it has a lot of life left in it.

Almost 200,000 miles and still going!

by from Milwaukee, WI on August 30, 2008

I purchased my 2000 BMW Z3 Roadster new loaded for just over $41 K. This was my only vehicle until 2006 and I drove it in WI all winter prior to that. Excellent vehicle!

1998 BMW Z3

by from West River, Maryland on March 25, 2013

Great ride for the money. The carfax report had all of the scheduled maintenance the previous owner had. The only thing that I had to replace was the serpentine belts. I paid about $8,000 for the car. It was a steal, considering I paid alot more for the same car new about 15 years ago. I love this car, even more than the Z4 that I previously owned.

It's German!!

by from Chicago,Il on June 27, 2008

I bought my 2000 Z3 4 years ago and its been the best sportscar Ive ever owned. The handling , speed, and style have given me more kicks than any other 2 seater Ive had. Great car!!

Superior handling!

by from Indianapolis, Indiana on March 23, 2007

Correct power to weight ratio for what the vehicle represents. Love the old style roadster look. The 2000 model which i owned had absoluely "0" problems from the date of purchase through 36,500 miles. Plenty of room for 6 foot 5" gentleman and set of golf clubs.

Kept it's looks

by from long beach CA on September 28, 2012

I have had this car for 13 years and still use it to drive back and forth to work. It has been reliable. Not excessive maintenance costs.