2007 Z4

4.7 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.8 out of 5 starsReliability

Fast and Fun in the Sun

by BMW Z4 Toy Roadster from Cincinnati, OH on May 6, 2010

The Z4 3.0si is fast and fun especially with the top down. The car gets going quickly even as an automatic, and really jumps when put into sport mode. Paddle shifters are easy to use. The 18 inch wheels and wide sport tires hold the curves at high speed without feeling loose at all. With the top down there is not much wind whipping around the cockpit and there is a wind screen that can be installed. The soft top is fully automatic and is operated with one button, no need to unlatch. The suspension is tight even when not in sport mode so be prepared to feel all the bumps the road has to offer. As a comparison, it is a softer ride than a Porsche Boxster. If you like a bunch of buttons and such on your dash, you will not find them in the Z4. It is a simple layout that I like as it allows me to concentrate on driving. The trunk is good sized, can get a couple of golf bags in there.

BEST SPORTS CAR EVER!!

by CAR LOVER!! from philadelphia pa on January 31, 2010

Bought this used- but enjoying every minute of the car. The 6 speed shifts very smoothly. For the money- this is the best sports car you can buy. Runs great- handles smoothly. Just think- warm weather, top down, hair blowing in the wind.... Love this car!

great driving experience

by life is good from Fayetteville,GA on November 20, 2012

I'm 69 yrs old and it's the sports car I've always wanted but being 6'1" could not fit into the older ones. I started looking for a sports car recently and after learning the Z4 had been extended 3" , I looked no further. There is no problem getting in the car and having comfortable leg room. It is an expensive car to own as most work has to be done by the dealer using BMW parts. e.g. I recently puchased a BMW battery which required having it registered with the car, cost $297.00 But I'm living my dream driving my 2007 Z4. The engineering is amazing making the maintenance cost well worth the ride!

Love this car

by Connie from texas on April 18, 2011

I went from several SUVs to a 325i to the Z4. I love this car. I live in Texas so the top is up only a couple of months out of the year, and even in winter when the sun is out, I have the top down and the heater and seat warmers on. I get more comments on how pretty my car is and how sexy I look in it. I can fit two golf bags in trunk as long as I take out the woods and lay them on top of the bags. The ride is bumpy, but if you want a smooth, grandma-driving car, get a Lexus.

As advertised, this is a true sports car.

by Computer Geek from Northwest Indiana on April 24, 2014

Searched for a couple of weeks online for the exact model/options/price that my wife wanted (it's her car). 2007 3.0i 6 speed, what a wonderful car. Well maintained throughout, very responsive and a pleasure to drive. I haven't reached the handling limits yet, this drives like a go-cart, very quick handling that makes driving FUN. If you're looking for a very impractical vehicle, (the trunk will hold 3 bags of groceries, but not a set of golf clubs) that's just fun to drive, you can't go wrong with a BMW Z4. You'll have a hard time wiping that grin off your face.

best overall sports car

by josepf from Tampa Florida on December 15, 2012

I have owned many sports cars including Porsche 930 turbo and i must admit thisBMW Z4 is the best bang for the buck. It is a very comfortable ride for a sports car especially for a tall person. I would recommend for the serious buyer to take a test drive and shop around there are many deals out there but again great fun to drive and great gas milage as well

Best Sports Car!

by z4 Lover from Doylestown, pa on May 1, 2011

I bought my 2007 Z4 used. It was in perfect shape and runs so well. I have not had any issues. It is fast, handles so well. Sports package is great. I just LOVE THIS CAR!!

2007 Z4Si - Great all-around roadster

by Hector from Raleigh, NC on October 16, 2011

After 12,000 miles in just 4 months, including a 3,400 mile extended cruise, I have taken this car through all sorts of conditions except snow. It is a great combination of power, handling, mileage (averaging over 27mpg) and style with a couple of expected challenges. This car is my daily driver in addition to being my get-away / road warrior. Suspension is very firm, and poor road surfaces in Indiana and Illinois would probably discourage you from this car if you live in those areas. Pack light - the trunk is very usable, but it is a roadster after all. With reasonable (not necessarily great) roads, I was able to cover up to 800 miles in a day in good comfort. Throughout the drive I received compliments from strangers at the gas pump, waves on the highway and the kind of attention a nice roadster brings. Handling was very secure and predictable going up and down the Appalachians, very stable without traction control kicking in. The clutch feel is easy, heel and toe downshifts work well even for an amateur, nice short throws make you feel really involved. The sound is delicious in the Si - from a quite burble to a purr to an outright scream. The in-line 6 is turbine smooth to wind out under part throttle, one of the secrets to good mileage while pushing the car. The top mechanism is quick and easy - one button up or down, encourages the top down mode. I still prefer the rear end styling of my previous Z3, but this Si is much more responsive overall and has been extremely satisfying to drive. If the reliability is anywhere close to my Z3 in the long term, it will be an exceptional value - found this one with less than 30,000 miles on it, like new condition in and out. A leather steering wheel wrap adds just the right thickness and feel for my liking, the original felt too thin for a good grasp. I am truly looking forward to visiting many new sights in this Z.

Young at heart

by Love My Beemer from Washington State on November 19, 2010

Found almost exactly what I have been looking for. Wanted a manual tranny and the bigger engine, but they are few and far between, but EVERYTHING else is just what I wanted. A fabulous automobile! Even the MPG is great, 21 in town and 33 on the road.

Most reliable I had owned

by Z4 Bmw rocks from DC on June 20, 2012

Great ride !! Pleasure having this car !! Never gets boring ! I own one .. And this z4 over 5 years.. Is a great car to get around . Always has been a show stopper , pple admire it and think what a luxury .. But I use it year round and get a kick out of it! It is more affordable than you think and a very durable car that has a great performance !

1 2 3 4 5