2007 Bmw Z 4

Fast and Fun in the Sun

by from Cincinnati, OH on May 6, 2010

The Z4 3.0si is fast and fun especially with the top down. The car gets going quickly even as an automatic, and really jumps when put into sport mode. Paddle shifters are easy to use. The 18 inch wheels and wide sport tires hold the curves at high speed without feeling loose at all. With the top down there is not much wind whipping around the cockpit and there is a wind screen that can be installed. The soft top is fully automatic and is operated with one button, no need to unlatch. The suspension is tight even when not in sport mode so be prepared to feel all the bumps the road has to offer. As a comparison, it is a softer ride than a Porsche Boxster. If you like a bunch of buttons and such on your dash, you will not find them in the Z4. It is a simple layout that I like as it allows me to concentrate on driving. The trunk is good sized, can get a couple of golf bags in there.

BEST SPORTS CAR EVER!!

by from philadelphia pa on January 31, 2010

Bought this used- but enjoying every minute of the car. The 6 speed shifts very smoothly. For the money- this is the best sports car you can buy. Runs great- handles smoothly. Just think- warm weather, top down, hair blowing in the wind.... Love this car!

It's a bimmer, enough said.

by from Scranton, PA on December 30, 2007

Mine is a 07 3.0i. The power isn't incredible with only 215hp and steptronic, but it still keeps up with the other roadsters out there (go with the 3.0si or M if you really want to have fun). What the 3.0i lacks in power it makes up for with its typical awesome BMW handling. Working at a BMW dealership, I can say that we don't do many repairs to Z4s and they seem to be pretty reliable, including mine so far. The body style isn't for everyone, but it definitely turns heads, especially if you live out in a rural area like I do (it really sticks out). The interior is very sporty with easy controls, a great sound system and many conveniences. Horrible in the snow, of course, I have to park it for 2-3 months during winter, but when summer rolls around and you're cruising with the top down while getting waves from beautiful women, it's worth it :-)

Love this car

by from texas on April 18, 2011

I went from several SUVs to a 325i to the Z4. I love this car. I live in Texas so the top is up only a couple of months out of the year, and even in winter when the sun is out, I have the top down and the heater and seat warmers on. I get more comments on how pretty my car is and how sexy I look in it. I can fit two golf bags in trunk as long as I take out the woods and lay them on top of the bags. The ride is bumpy, but if you want a smooth, grandma-driving car, get a Lexus.

great fun but

by from on August 26, 2012

great car but the run flats absolutely suck. they wore out with only 6000 miles on them i switched to conventional tires and now its perfect

great driving experience

by from Fayetteville,GA on November 20, 2012

I'm 69 yrs old and it's the sports car I've always wanted but being 6'1" could not fit into the older ones. I started looking for a sports car recently and after learning the Z4 had been extended 3" , I looked no further. There is no problem getting in the car and having comfortable leg room. It is an expensive car to own as most work has to be done by the dealer using BMW parts. e.g. I recently puchased a BMW battery which required having it registered with the car, cost $297.00 But I'm living my dream driving my 2007 Z4. The engineering is amazing making the maintenance cost well worth the ride!

Most reliable I had owned

by from DC on June 20, 2012

Great ride !! Pleasure having this car !! Never gets boring ! I own one .. And this z4 over 5 years.. Is a great car to get around . Always has been a show stopper , pple admire it and think what a luxury .. But I use it year round and get a kick out of it! It is more affordable than you think and a very durable car that has a great performance !

Very Impressed

by from Alberta on April 18, 2011

First BMW Vehicle that I purchased and what a great vehicle to own. I was looking for a little roadster that is different. Glad I purchased this car.

Best Sports Car!

by from Doylestown, pa on May 1, 2011

I bought my 2007 Z4 used. It was in perfect shape and runs so well. I have not had any issues. It is fast, handles so well. Sports package is great. I just LOVE THIS CAR!!

Young at heart

by from Washington State on November 19, 2010

Found almost exactly what I have been looking for. Wanted a manual tranny and the bigger engine, but they are few and far between, but EVERYTHING else is just what I wanted. A fabulous automobile! Even the MPG is great, 21 in town and 33 on the road.

Our Expert Review: 2007 Bmw Z 4