2009 Enclave

2009 Buick Enclave

2009 Buick Enclave

4.4

Have You Driven the 2009 Buick Enclave?

I Miss My Enclave!

by Car Nut from Chester, NJ on Wed Apr 11 2012

We had the Enclave for 3 years and put close to 70,000 miles on it in that short time. Multiple trips from NJ to Florida packed with wife, kids and Grandma. It was also our main family car, as the kids always demanded to take this car. We also used the trailer hitch A LOT to pull around a 4,500 lbs, 18ft, enclosed trailer and never had an issue - which was very impressive. We had to sell because we we now have a larger heavier trailer and needed a higher capacity tow vehicle.

Love my Enclave

by LOVEMYENCLAVE from tx on Mon Jan 16 2012

I really wanted a vehicle similar to this for quite some time. Cross over style with third row seat. My husband and i test drove a few and this drives great. It honestly feels like a car. many of the crossover we test drove just felt really rough. plus it's beautiful. We were lucky enough to find a 2009 with excellent miles and a great package. i have a sister that has a fully loaded expedition and my not as fully loaded Enclave has more and better quality! I've only had it a few weeks so i pray it is as good to me as my small pre-family corolla was. So far though its great. LOVE MY ENCLAVE!!!

Too many problems known by GM and they let them go

by LAST GM SUV I WILL OWN from Central NJ on Tue Jun 30 2015

The worst experience of any vehicle I have ever owned. THe ENclave purchased new was my 6th GM suv purchased new and will be the last. From day one this car had issues. Check engine light came on every three months till the day I got rid of it Every coil in the car was replaced at least once and most twice Power steering went just as warranty expired. I replaced rack and pinion and pump. Car went into Limp mode so I took it to the dealer. Dealer said you have transmission slipping . I was no I do not it just went into limp mode. they told me I was low on Trans fluid. I said you guys flushed it maybe you didn't refill. They filled it I took it back. Then a week or so later had radiator flushed and noticed it was brown. HMM! Whats leaking in radiator. Flushed it a few days later brown again. HMM Ok I know radiator and trans fluid mixing. Ah I figured it out not the dealer . So had radiator replaced. Year later trans starts slipping, Had trans rebuilt So I get recall about power steering pump and GM then reimburses that repair I did years before Then I get recall about trans issues but my car had too many miles on it so they would not reimburse even though the dealer could have prevented my issues if they knew what they were doing. So because I actually like the style, the interior the way the car road I kept it longer then I should have. All in all I spent about $10,000 to keep this car on the road. Oh year hydraulics on lift gate and hood had to be replaced as well. Breaks three or four tome tires three or four times etc... that is standard stuff Note I change my oil like clockwork and do reg maintenance to my vehicles I have had probably 20 new cars in my life never an experience like this one. I would say avoid this vehicle like the plague unless you lease and turn it in 3 years or prior. if you look on forums you will see all of these issues repeated from others. My car just had them all lucky me

Does not recommend this car!!

very classy car

by Buick Believer from massachusetts on Wed Dec 28 2011

The car drives smooth and has a lot of power. Luxury and style inside and out. Very happy with this purchase. Dual moonroofs for passenger enjoyment. The kids love the dvd entertainment package. Captains chairs for easy access to the third row. Two tone leather interior. XM radio is a lot of fun. Only disappointing feature is the lack of carseat hooks in the third row.

Best mid sized vahicle

by Greatride from Austin,TX on Sun Mar 07 2010

I have drive all the imports and this is far better ride, more power more options better looking more room, why look at anything else, I own a Escalade and love that, now the 08 Buick mainly for the wife, now 56k trouble free miles gas mileage decent, 16 city 23 Hwy only slightly less than the sticker said, and thats with the Air on and 75 mph. rides grear very quiet and great quality never a mechanical problem only visits to the dealer are maintence like Tires Brakes and oil changes. Great job GM

Unexpected problems

by SUV Lover from Houston, Texas on Tue Sep 09 2008

while I live with the Air Condition, rear wiper and real lift controls, I was not expecting Maintance problems with the Air Condition. twice it has failed. Buick is currently in the dealership for an Oil leak (rear Main) they have had to remove the engine already at 14, 000. miles. Look to other than GM.

Does not recommend this car!!

Most quiet car I drove

by shfat from Nashville on Mon Nov 23 2009

It's much quiet than Honda Pilot, Acura MDX. ANd much comfortable than Pilot, MDX and XC90. After test drive a lot, finally I choice Enclave.

Great SUV for hi school and retirement

by Gotta Go from Sugar Land, TX on Sun May 01 2011

Almost got through high school w/out a van or suv ... then our child joined the school dance team with the ensuing car pool for a ton of practices and performances. The seats are fairly comfortable though wide (no side support) and the head rest pushes your head downward at an odd angle. I use the inflatable lumbar bladder to change it to a more comfortable position. Interior is nice. Middle bucket seats conveniently and easily slide forward for 3rd seat access. Love that the middle bucket seats and their console, along with the third row split seat all fold flat for a HUGE cargo area ... when needed. The driving position is good though the pedals could be moved for improved foot/leg comfort (i'm 5'4"). Also like the hands free phone, nav system, and rear view camera.

World Class Auto

by Bulldog from Auburn NH on Wed Nov 25 2009

Excellent vehicle tight fit and finish quality materials, elegant and luxurious interior. Definitely moving in the right direction, could use about 40 more horses under the hood

A Real Surprise

by Ralph from Highland Park, IL on Mon Jun 15 2009

After leasing Acura MDX's and Toyota 4Runners, I must say that this vehicle has been a very pleasant surprise. The bang for the buck is unsurpassed. The fact that it has a 4 year/50k bumper to bumper warranty and OnStar included for the 1st year was a nice bonus. We have had our Enclave for 4 months now and it is trouble free. We love the little luxuries such as the air conditioned seats and the power fold in mirrors. OnStar turn by turn works great with the Navigation. Unlike our previous vehicle, the rear camera comes right on when placing the vehcle in reverse and it is bright enough to see when backing out of the garage. This vehicle was highly rated by MotherProof.com. That rating is spot on. While it is basicly the same vehicle as the Saturn, Chevy and GMC, the saleperson pointed out the differences such as the better warranty and the additional sound deadening. We researched and drove a number of competing products, and could not be happier with the decision to buy this vehicle.

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2009 Buick Enclave

The oh-so-beautiful 2009 Buick Enclave has inspired me to create a new television series, "Extreme Makeover: Car Edition." I'd love for some hunky host to relay my automotive sob-story to the masses, followed by the ultimate pulverization of my eight-year-old, 150,000-mile "piece." At the end of the show, the bright, shiny Enclave would sit in my garage! Unlike my test car, it'd have all-wheel drive.

The Enclave exuded class, inside and out. It was adorned with lots of chrome jewelry to put that extra twinkle in the eyes of all the pedestrians as you drove by. On the inside, there were heated seats for the driver and front passenger, and zoned heating and cooling for all three rows.

Its ride felt good... Read More