2014 Encore

2014 Buick Encore

2014 Buick Encore

4.5

Have you driven the 2014 Buick Encore?

love my zippy classy encore

by zip from Atkinson, NH on Sat May 17 2014

only had my premium encore few weeks but wow do I love this car!! I have the carbon black so sharp. love that Buick grill! I don't get the reviews it's sluggish I don't find that to be the case at all. it has great pick up we zip all over the place. actually find I have to watch my speed! easy to park the side rear warning system is & blind spot alert is amazing. The size is perfect for me & my husband. sorry all you negative reviewers from other sources, you are so off the mark. I had more trouble with the Chevy equinox visibility issues than with this car, which I've read as a negative. also read review not great on the highway, this car is fine on the highway, but I have no issue with pickup changing lanes. Another review made fun of the styling, Really are you kidding me this car is sharp & cute all at the same time, that's a personal opinion shouldn't come into play when reviewing for a major source.comparing the size to mini cooper well that's just stupid. this car is loaded & leather interior. my only negative is everyone says how quiet it is, I don't feel it's as quiet as their saying so I am going to check into that & that was the only reason I gave it 4 overall stars instead of 5. we really thought long & hard before deciding on the encore, we wanted to downsize from the equinox, but with the encore I feel we upgraded not in size but with everything else!! Just love my encore.

electrical problem

by lineman nick from tell city in. on Sun Apr 26 2015

we love our 2015 encore. how ever ,' have an issue with the front parking assist and the radio-intelli-gent systems. (1) after the vehicle has been driven for a while and then when we come home," the front park assist will not activate unless you manually turn it on. according to the menu on the intelli-gent system it's on," but it won't work. (2) yesterday the radio and intell-gent system screen flashed--came back on--and flashed a couple of times and went blank. I called the dealer and they are going to squeeze me in to have these taken care of anf then serviceing it. the fule mileage is wonder ful for an all wheel drive.

Just get it

by Boompa from Austin , TX on Sat Jul 26 2014

Smooth , quiet , plenty of power 33mpg around town . 35-38 mpg on the hi way depending on wind direction. This little car is awesome , plenty roomy and comfy seats. Don't let the price scare you. Shop around and you can do way better than list. Handles great , stereo could have a little more power but sounds good. If you are thinking about this car , stop thinking and go try it. Do the research and compare with all the other similar type vehicles . Make sure you go drive it early enough to complete all the paperwork because you will not want to leave the dealership without it.

over all

by sunbird from Illinois on Wed Jul 30 2014

1- hatch needs a release button inside the car 2-not for sure how short people close the hatch 2-needs to come with a better radio--with windows down radio is hard to hear. 3-needs a v6 for an engine. Has no pick up at all when the air conditioning is on and 4 peopel are in the car. 4-passenger seat needs a arm rest. 5-I would think with today's technology and the cost of this vehicle it would have come with a touch screen. Buick needs to get up with today's technology BUT ALL AND ALL THIS IS A FUN VEHICLE TO DRIVE , LOVE IT!

Great Car to Drive

by Granny from Ocala, FL on Fri May 23 2014

My hubby and I bought our Encore a year and 6000+ miles ago and really love it. I fell in love with it before I got off the dealer's lot. So easy to handle. My hubby has always had trouble getting into cars because the seats were too low, but now the seats are no problem with our Encore. We have a couple of complaints however: The gauges are rather difficult to read because they are "hooded" on the dash. Also, there are no extensions on the visors like my old Buick had. When the sun shines in the side there is no way to shade our eyes. I had to buy a cheap clip-on visor which helps, but not as good as the extension on my old car. Just great for the two of us seniors,

No more Pontiacs,fell in love with Encore

by Lil' Blue from Wisconsin on Thu Jul 23 2015

My Encore is bright blue, my favorite color. Had some issues getting it delivered from Korea or where ever it was made, but well worth the wait. I am madly in love with it and get compliments all the time from strangers.Mileage,ease of handling, parking driving are great!! One issue has developed recently that the dealership can't figure out and i wonder if anyone else has the same problem. The left mirror shows that there is someone passing me when there is no one anywhere around. The computer shows nothing and it has them baffled. Anybody help??

most gas mileage i got from a car

by gas saver from hazle twp on Wed Aug 13 2014

I like the overall performance and comfort. only flaw, is they should have had an arm rest for the passenger side.

Great Car for the Price

by Sunny from Sacramento on Mon Sep 01 2014

I got the 2014 Buick Encore AWD and 900 miles down and can definitely say its a treat to drive. Beautiful interiors , very quiet while driving , Nice height gives you a good view of traffic. I am really impressed . The only thing is you feel the performance lacking because of the small engine in the Encore. Handling wise its great .Parks in small spots. Very confident on the drive. Stereo is OK. Air conditioning is good. I like the entertainment system. The screen adds a panache to it.

Gorgeous CUV, Fantastic MPG

by greymatt0r from Interstates of the good ol USA on Thu Apr 24 2014

I've had my 2014 Encore for little under a month and I am extremely satisfied with nearly every aspect of this CUV. First, I have the saddle/leather color interior and the Carbon Black paint version and it is THE meanest/sexiest looking vehicle in any parking lot. In under the month I've owned it I've already driven ~2500 miles and the MPG is fantastic. I'm averaging 33-38 MPG highway and~25 around town ^-^ I'm 23 and I've driven about a dozen vehicles and this Encore is the best handling (small wheelbase) and is tied for comfort at #1 only rivaled by my '96 LeSabre. The only downside to this CUV is the price averaging 4 grand more than its other CUV counterparts. The engine's power is also a bit deflating but I'd trade power for 38 MPG any day!

My Wife's Go To Car

by Little Giant from Loganville Georgia on Tue Oct 07 2014

Surprised that a car this Loaded didn't have garage door opener feature. Seems to need a little more get up and go. Back up Camera needs Limit lines like our Hyundai. Instructions on using features are lacking!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Our Take on the 2014 Buick Encore

Editor's note: This review was written in April 2013 about the 2013 Buick Encore. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2014, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

If the 2013 Buick Encore is a sign of more bite-sized premium crossovers to come, car shoppers have plenty to look forward to.

The new segment includes the likes of a BMW X1 and the forthcoming Audi Q3 and Lincoln MKC. The exact parameters for this class are blurry: Base prices and features overlap with everyman crossovers like the larger Ford Escape and Volkswagen Tiguan, while well-equipped models encroach on Audi Q5 and Acura RDX territory.

That brings us... Read More