2012 LaCrosse

2012 Buick LaCrosse

2012 Buick LaCrosse

Have you driven the 2012 Buick LaCrosse?

2012 Buick LaCrosse Touring

by Doug from Las Vegas, NV on Thu Oct 13 2011

The 2012 Buick LaCrosse Touring is by far the best car I have ever owned. The ride is smooth and extremely quiet. The technology and engineering that went into this car are the very best. The V6 is responsive with plenty of power. The only drawback is the MPG. Currently I am getting almost 21 miles per gallon with almost all city driving. Would like more MPG given today's gas prices, but luxury has a price. Hope GM would consider the E-Assist technology on the V6 engine. That would put this car totally over the top. Heads up display and blind side zone alert are wonderful features you do not normally see on a car in this price range. Fit and finish are top notch. If you desire a car with a real quality feel, elegant ride, loaded with features and want to look good while driving, the 2012 Buick LaCrosse Touring is the right car for you. I am looking forward to many enjoyable miles with my new Buick.

Surprised at the quality and ride

by First GM car from memphis tn on Sun Oct 23 2011

What a surprise. Wanted to Give GM a try but the 2011 Regal got me to showroom but it was the 2012 Lacrosse that made the sell. Comfort, style, materials, quite, ride, handing. I have had suv/cross overs and sport handling cars wanted comfort, size but with good road control but dont want to feel or hear the road. Lacrosse is it for the price point all bells whistles . have 3k mileage and no complaints. I am 6'4 and great size. Ambient lighting at night is really beautiful. The quality and finish is the best I have seen on a GM product. All you need is a good product. I guess it take some years before most consumers will rediscover Buick

GREAT VALUE - GREAT CAR

by COMPULSIVE CAR BUYER from PLANTATION, FL on Tue May 08 2012

HAVING TRADED MY 2011 JAGUAR XF FOR THE LACROSSE I AM PLEASED AT MY CHOICE AND WONDER WHY I OPTED FOR THE JAG. THE LACROSSE IS AS COMFORTABLE, HAS BETTER STYLING, EASIER USE OF NAVIGATION SYSTEM AND OTHER FEATURES, FOR MANY PARTS BETTER QUALITY PARTS SUCH AS THE FRONT GRILL - THE JAG HAS A CHEAP PIECE OF FLIMSY PLASTIC - THE BUICK IS MUCH STURDIER AND SOLID. I HAVE ALSO OWNED MERCEDES E550 WITH ALL THE TOYS...THE BUICK HAS ALL THAT THE MERC OFFERED AT $25 - $30k CHEAPER. EXCELLENT VALUE FOR MONEY. PEOPLE STOP BUYING CARS FOR THE NAME (AS I DID) AND GO FOR VALUE. THE BUICK LACROSSE TOURING OFFERS THAT VALUE

Wow, Wow, Wow

by '12 Touring from Northern VA on Thu Jan 19 2012

Aside from less than stellar gas mileage (the 303HP V6 basically gets what an SUV gets 17/27) this luxury car is super beautiful, besting any preconceived notions you might have. My wife and I just love it. If on your next road trip you want to take your high-tech leather-covered living room with you, then this car is perfect :)

Finally, a US car to be proud of

by I Love Cars from ny,ny on Mon Jun 04 2012

This 2012 buick Lacrosse e-assist is a sporty, sleek comfortable ride that really brings the US market into the game. My car came with the premium 1 pkg. which had just about everything except 2 items. 1. Push button start w/fob and heated steering wheel/rear shade. Premium 2 pkg is not avail. with e-assist vehicle. This car also has auto stop/start which shuts down the engine to conserve gas at stops. The restart is almost un-noticed. It works fine except if the a/c is off eco mode and in full swing. Kind of fun to play with. Pick-up is good, as is passing . This car has Lexis like comfort with all the goodies and looks quite sharp as well. The bluetooth can be used to sync your smart phone and download your contact list, a plus. Navigation can be downloaded from mapquest manually or by onstar rep. Also, cool. I love this car.... My only improvements, would be to 1. Have the memory seat tab work with one push, rather than continuous pressure and 2. to have a telescoping steering wheel. Otherwise,it is a really well balanced eco/luxury, full size car. I have just filled up the tank for the first time, as it came filled(also a nice touch) ,so I will have to repost a comment later to give an idea on MPG. First fill, which is not informational, was 20mpg city. Listed for 25MPG CITY and 37Highway.My purpose in buying this car was that I wanted a Luxury, full size car that was very economical. So far, 2 for 3, with the third waiting to be seen. Some really good lease options through ally bank. 24mo. w/onstar,maint and xm for 2yrs included. HAve fun with this one. The nicest GM car I have every owned

Most beautiful car I've owned

by love my car from New Brunswick on Sun Dec 09 2012

The vehicle purchased is the Buick Lacross Touring Edition. This car is beautifully appointed with all possible options. It rides comfortably and handles the road like a sports car. With it's 3.6 engine it has lots of power. The Harmon Kardon sound system is top of the line and sounds great. Overall I am very satisfied with this car

so far no complants and really don't think I will

by luxury owner from canyon lake Texas on Fri Jun 29 2012

2nd buick LaCrosse I have had of all the different cars my husband and I have the Buick is no doubt the best car on market

Nice car, but......

by Car lover from Seaford, NY on Fri Jun 20 2014

I have now had this car 2 years. The ride, styling and roominess is wonderful. The car is elegant, and quiet when the windows are closed. However, there are certain proviso's. Open the windows, and you realize the car is not that aerodynamic, with a very loud stuttering wah,wah,wah which accosts the ears. It's a gas waste as it shifts to second gear, at a higher than normal RPM. So when one reaches 2000RPM, ease up on the pedal, and it will shift. Otherwise it will struggle. Second gear has a built in hesitation in it, then it takes off, in a lurch, so don't push hard into second. The electrical system is complex and problemmatic, and we have found the car battery dead on a number of occasions, with an inability for the dealer's service department to find the short. Lastly, we had a one time snafu with the sunroof which stopped working. We were told the software was corrupted and had to be reset. Also, one has to be extra careful when driving, because there are a number of blind spots, and lastly, the manufacturer forgot to put in a cabin trunk release. Other than that, quite spiffy.

Outstanding Performance - Beautifully Styled

by LaCrosse Driver from Germantown, TN on Thu Dec 13 2012

Throw out all the ugly stereotypes you may be holding about GM/Buick. In the LaCrosse, I have an American luxury sedan with international influences (designed in China and a big seller there as well.) I purchased my latest LaCrosse (I was an owner of a 2007 CSX) from Crain Chevrolet in Little Rock. The car has been a delight to drive and the amenities for the driver are too numerous to list. The 2012 I drive has the convenience package with very comfortable leather seating and very cool ice blue lighting touches on the inside. The ride is classic Buick - quiet, responsive with a comfortable road feel. I gave up my 2012 LaCrosse CSX, which had the GM/Saab six cylinder, which produced most of its torque in the upper RPMs. The current 2012 model I drive has the workhorse GM six which seems to have most of the torque in the lower end. Aside from adjusting to this transition, I close the door and the noise and chaos of the outside world falls away in the gentle ambience this car offers. LaCrosse offers a great value if you're shopping in the premium sedan category and I believe competes quite well with other sedans in its class. Well engineered, great warranty if I ever need it. Just an overall terrific car. There may be some hope for GM yet if they keep putting cars of this quality on the road.

New Purchase - very happy

by Middle-aged Car Guy from Pittsburgh, PA on Mon Jul 13 2015

Just purchased a 2012 LaCrosse Premium II AWD this past weekend. After much research on AWD sedans I came down to several choices and settled on the Buick. I heard a lot of mixed reviews on the Fusion and the Cadillac CTS interior was too small in my opinion and the I am not a Subaru guy (I'm sure they're great) but the Buick is a great family vehicle for the 4 of us (2 kids aged 8 and 9) with some nice creature comforts for my daily commute. Very early in my ownership but extremely satisfied with my purchase. Drives like a dream, quick, comfortable, great looking in my opinion. I can't speak to reliability yet but I'll update later. I bought the 6 cylinder and read many mixed reviews on the mileage but was quite relieved to find that when driven normally it's pretty good. During the 110 mile drive back from the dealer I set the cruise to 77 and averaged 29mpg which included the hills of Western PA. Getting about 23 around town. It's my first GM purchase after years of driving all of the Japanse and German brands and I can say that GM is back in the game.

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2012 Buick LaCrosse

As a member of Generation X, I've never been ready to admit that a midsize sedan would work well for my family, but after spending significant time with the Buick LaCrosse, I just couldn't deny it anymore.

The 2012 Buick LaCrosse's smooth ride transported me in total comfort, and it was so well-equipped with many of my favorite tech and luxury features that I enjoyed driving it much more than I expected.

The LaCrosse delivers a pleasurable ride, but it does feel a little slow at times, both in acceleration and braking. With such a cushy ride, there's no need to hurry anyway, but I would've preferred a little more power and responsiveness.

Buick's eAssist technology, which comes standard on the... Read More