2000 LeSabre

$845 - $6,249  MSRP Range

4.4

Have You Driven the 2000 Buick LeSabre?

So far, so good

by american car lover from Miami, Florida on Tue Sep 20 2011

I purchased this 2000 Buick LeSabre in December 2010 with 96,000 miles from a mechanic who got it as a 'payment' for a work he had done. I've known that Buick are very reliable automobiles (my father owned a 1976 Buick Electra 225 well into the 80's), and since I was looking for a second car to go back and forth between my home and my job, I got it for more than half of its suggested resale value. I decided to do a tune-up on the engine and replaced the overhead seal gasket, mass air flow sensor and serpentine belt as well. The engine is performing very well; good pick-up for a car with so many miles, and the fuel economy is still pretty good too (250 miles per full tank driven mainly on the street). I still need to work on the area of the dashboard (it peel-off on the area right behind the windshield defrost vents). Other that those cosmetic problems, the car is a beauty. Even though I have not drive far on the road, the ride is confortable and brakes are fast to respond. It takes the turns well without givin that 'whale car' feel to it. I intend to keep this car for at least another 100k miles, and I don't care if it is considered to be 'your father's car' by most people; I just like how it feels.

Great Car

by bought it used from Charlotte, NC on Tue Nov 03 2009

I bought the 2000 Lesabre used with about 49k miles. It has 80k now. Both electric rear window regulators went out, but I got the parts online for $35 each and put them in myself. Recently, my mass air flow sensor went bad, $300 repair. Other than that, no problems. My gas mileage is 27 mpg city/highway combo. That is unbelievable gas mileage for such a large and safe vehicle with lots of power. I love this car. I bought it for $7,000. This car was $28,000 new. The engine series is one of the most reliable engines ever built in the U.S., according to most professional reviewers.

Buick Girl forever

by kateelizabeth from Horseheads, NY on Sun Jan 17 2010

I bought the 2000 Lesabre with 36,000 miles on it.I but 126,000 additional miles on it. In that time, I replaced 1 ill snapping seat belt and 1 sensor.The vehicle was the most comfortable car I've ever owned and the most reliable I've ever owned. This car is a winner.This car was wonderful in the snow. Wonderful car to vacation with.

Buick LaSaber

by Sports car enjojist from tooele, utah on Fri Mar 11 2011

Great car for travling in like we did. Great Road Car. Wish we could have gotten more milage out of it, 140,000 then tranny went and a couple other things ac compressor, driver side window motor, few odds and ends. Still we loved it till that all went out. Bought a better MPG car to replace it. Ford Fusion, it seems great thus far. We'll see.

A Good Value

by Buick Driver from Easton, PA on Fri Mar 06 2009

I have owned my 2000 Buick LeSabre, purchased used, since April, 2007. I bought it at a relatively good price of $7400, with 71K miles on it. The car now has 89K miles on it. There have been a couple of repair issues, but overall it's been a good vehicle and a good value for the money. I did have to replace the two rear power window units, but used aftermarket products (installed by a Buick dealer), which cost about $500 overall. Other than that, there has been nothing major or unexpected. The car drives very smoothly and effortlessly lopes along at highway speeds. Highway gas mileage is 30 - 32 mpg; in a mix of city/highway, it drops significantly to about 19 - 21 mpg. It's not a great car, but is certainly a solid car and is worth a look for many buyers.

Greatest car ever

by k from sf,ca on Fri Apr 05 2013

Only car purchased new,2000 custom.never want to replace this baby. Powerful & Luxurious Perfect for experienced driver and the nervous newbie

Second LeSabre I've owned.

by Rebel from Riverside, CA on Tue May 15 2012

I was so pleased with my first LeSabre that after putting 227,000 on it I bought another one. This thing is a work-horse; very reliable. Too bad they discontinued it. If I had a vote, I'd have them bring it back.

by PA Buick Owner from Easton, PA on Fri Sep 05 2008

The 2000 Buick LeSabre is a very comfortable car to travel in, especially on longer trips. It cruises easily on the highway and gets great highway gas mileage (30+). Mileage drops off distinctly in city driving (16 - 18). I have had a problem with the power windows and recently had to replace BOTH rear units. Using aftermarket parts installed by the dealer, this cost me about $500. This seems to be a bit of a design defect by Buick/GM, but still doesn't diminish (too much) the value of this vehicle. I bought the car with 71,000 miles and currently have 86,000. Based on experience with previous GM "big cars", I expect to easily exceed 150,000.

Fix or repair constantly

by Not a Buick Lover Anylonger from Pennsylvania on Sun Oct 26 2014

I purchased my 2000 Buick Le Sabre in 2008. The color was beautiful blue metallic. It rode nice and the seats were comfortable. Too many repairs over the years. I would not purchase another Buick again.

Does not recommend this car!!

Fantastic

by Swan, Central Coast CA. from Central Coast CA on Thu Dec 26 2013

I just purchase this 2002 LeSabre from a used car lot in town. Test drove it and was very impressed. I've worked for a Cad dealer and had plenty opportunity to drive various cars on the lot. This Buick was the best experience for me. Just had to find one.

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2000 Buick LeSabre

It's hard not to think of Detroit or your old Uncle Leo when driving a big Yank tank like the LeSabre. This is the type of vehicle most Americans drove before their dreams and expectations were downsized in the 1970s.

It's something they still appreciate. The LeSabre has been America's best-selling, full-size car for seven years straight. It's no great mystery why.

Its big-as-Kansas size is comforting; its large persona is worn unabashed. If you think Americans don't like their vehicles large and expressive, than you haven't noticed all those large trucks roaming the roads.

Well, okay, so its conservative styling isn't that expressive, but Buick buyers like it that way. The front seems to... Read More