2007 Buick Lucerne Consumer Reviews

Change Year
2007 Buick Lucerne
Average based on 26 reviews

Great car for a big person

by from Tracy, CA on March 27, 2012

I'm 6'8" tall and needed a car that fit my body and where my head didn't the roof. Most sedans just weren't designed for taller individuals. I bought a used 2007 Buick Lucerne CXL with only 15,600 miles on it in January 2012. I've been extremely happy with the purchase since that time. The car is HUGE - plenty of room for my legs and have a few inches to spare between my head and the roof. The car is extremely quiet on the road - even at higher speeds. The car performs quite well on the road, although lacks the "oomph" of higher performance engines. I was drawn to the 3800 V6 engine due to a history of excellent performance and reliability, and I haven't been disappointed. The interior features are surprisingly nice and include heated steering well and driver/passenger seats, separate climate controls, MP3 jack in the stereo, hidden car charger port in the center console, and adjustable mirrors that tilt in reverse to improve your visibility. I only have two minor negatives with the car - the turning radius is fairly poor compared to other similar models and the MPG is nothing to write home about (getting about 20 city MPG and 24-25 MPG highway). But otherwise I'm very please, and even more pleased wen I found out it was best rated car for reliability by JD Powers and Associates for large sedans! I went into my search thinking I would buy a Chrysler 300 or Dodge Charger, but found that this vehicle had better reliability and was $5,000 cheaper than a similarly loaded Chrysler or Dodge, so I couldn't be happier!

Quitest Car on the road

by from Chicago,Il on May 14, 2007

Have only had for 3 weeks and cant stop loving this auto. Drove a Sevillle before and this car has it hands down. Very little body lean in the turn, good pick-up for a V-6. Love the X-M radio and on-star hands free calling. This car has every feature of my Caddy and more. Back up sensors and auto windsheild wipers. They say the back window is hard to see from and I dont agree it is ok for me. Would buy this car again and have two friends that have bought by riding in mine. It is like riding on a cloud.

same as the cadillac

by from plum island on November 27, 2007

last three have been cadillac this is the exact same feel once i got behind the wheel i knew i could save eight to ten thousand the style grows on you to the point of hey that is a nice looking car

No concern lucerne

by from Chicago IL on January 23, 2013

Nicest ride ever! Solid construction and comfortable seats. The smooth ride is both quiet and with great vision.

best of the best

by from Augusta, GA on November 28, 2013

This is by far the best car I've driven and owned for the money. It doesn't have the performance of a big v8, but the mileage is good for a full size car. Buick is one of the best around for the money, because of the reliability. If you own one, keep it; other cars will disappoint you.

great almost as good as the Park Avenue

by from Kennan Wi on May 23, 2013

Very nice car the more i drive it the better i like it I have driven a lot of Buicks over my 85 years the Park avenue was the best car i ever had This buick is also very good

Buicks are great cars for the money

by from CA on July 31, 2013

Let me begin by asking, do you get synthetic or regular oil when you change? I personally get synthetic and change it more frequently than required to keep a healthy car. That being said, this car will easily go 200k miles with a 3.8 S3 V6 or 100k miles with 4.6 Northstar V8 with proper care. You get what you pay for, by chance you want a more reliable and economical car, the V6 is recommended. On the other hand by chance you want an American race luxury sedan Flagship, then a V8 Northstar is the only way to go. Just a note the lack of reliability is due to the V8 being a Cadillac motor that Buick put in as a hybrid option, still American, however most likely due to the downfall of Lucernes in the beginning of the 2010 year as they were Buick's "Flagship". I owned both, personally I prefer the V8 for power, at the same the V6 does not lack power. I can see why there is no V6 3.1L option that some of the older Buick had, besides the fact they are no longer made, it needs to pull a Lucerne that is about 4,000-to-4,400 pounds. This is a really really long sedan, to put it in perspective, this "full size, luxury sedan" is as long as a 2000 Ford Explorer without the 10MPG. This car if for the technological bells and whistles, for those who appreciate the finer things in life.

Drove it and loved it!

by from VA on October 24, 2007

our car was unreliable at the time and we scheduled a trip to buschgardens, we werent going to cancel just because of our car. we rented a Lucerne. we did think of getting something smaller but the Lucerne had a lot of standard features and had Rear air and the most rear leg room (for the kids) the sterio is very good and the performance with the 3.8 is good but could use some tunning to the trany. the ride down was very comfortable and we couldnt find a hotel so we considered sleeping in the car...but, then we found a hotel with all the aminities and the HUGE trunk we really like this car and plan to buy one in a few weeks if not days

Solid automobile for the experienced driver

by from Cortlandt Manor, NY on January 17, 2011

Eventhough I recently traded in my 2007 CXS, I did so reluctantly. Due to increased driving, had to get a more fuel efficient car. However, for a V8, this car got great mileage nearly 18 mpg. If you know cars, then you know that this is excellent mpg for a V8. GM really built a great car in the Lucerne. Fully loaded and fun to drive the Lucerne is a workhorse of a sedan. Power when you need it luxury when you want it. Roars like a hotrod at times. Commands respect on the road. The CXS is thwe way to go.

Job Well Done!

by from Georgia on June 16, 2007

Having had a LeSabre some years back, we missed its economy and reliability. The new Lucerne on trips reads an average MPG of 31 to 32 miles to a gallon and at highway speeds of today. Very notable considering this is a medium weight car. The fact that it offers comfort and quiet without having to weigh over two tons and consume excessive fuel without variable and multiple valves and other hi-tech devices is highly desirable today.