2004 Rainier

4.4 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Good Car

by Buick Fan from Indianapolis, IN on June 8, 2011

I bought my Rainier used and have had it for four years, it is my best car I have ever had. I have mainly just done regular oil changes, and of course brake changes yearly, I have not had any problems with the engine or transmission, but I need work done for all the gages, my speedomator and gas gage don't work, and I need a fuse for the emision control system replaced, but these have been broken for quite sometime and I have found I can do without them, they would be expensive to fix. It is a gas hog though, but very nice to drive.

LOVE this vehicle!

by Pepski00 from Vernon, CT on January 23, 2011

I upgraded to this SUV from a Jaguar X-type. The Rainier has all the luxury features my Jag had and much more! I am truly impressed with the quality and comfort of the interior. The power seats are great and give me the height I need to see over the front hood (I'm only 5'2" so this is a problem with most vehicles). My Buick has the upgraded V-8 engine, which is very powerful and fast. Overall, it's been great in the snow. The only downside is that it does not get good gas mileage; but that's to be expected when driving an SUV. I can't say enough great things about the luxury, quality and performance of this vehicle. I would highly recommend!

Great SUV

by fisherman from Chicago Il on February 17, 2009

I bought mine used.It had very few miles on it.I needed something to carry my 4 kids and wife plus pull my 18 ft. bass boat.This has done the job without any problem. I have put over 100k on it and outside of regular maintenance brakes tires oil changes ect, I have had no issues. It has a V8 that is quite responsive and pulled my boat like it wasn't even behind my SUV.My hat come off to Buick for creating such a wonderful vechicle. Now I know why my dad drove nothing but.

used suv

by tina from Selma, AL on September 13, 2015

I needed a vehicle fast. went to the car lot and spotted this beauty. Its a 2004 and it had 153000 miles. i drove it from Pensacola, FL to Selma, Al with no problems. The A/c blew cold all the way. All the electric system works, seats work, dvd player and dual radio/CD/tape player works. the Bose speakers gives it a clean sound. Absolutely everything works. This is my first SUV but not my first choice. I am glad i chose the Luxury SUV. Gassing it is expensive but worth it

Rainier

by Seebs from on May 7, 2009

Excellent article and believe both the subject and Seeberg were excellent! The Rainier was Buick's first full-frame SUV and with it's strong styling and extensive list of standard and available features, represented the Buick division and segment very well.

Nice SUV!!!!!!

by Dave from Chambersburg, PA on October 17, 2008

I really like this Buick ! It is very well built ,and don,t be fooled by its nice looks it is tough and the AWD is a good feature and works too,not like other SUV. Good buy for the first time SUV buyer.

by SUV Man from Detroit on February 15, 2011

The Buick Rainier is the quintessential luxury SUV: Full frame, air suspension, AWD and V-8 power! Love the AWD vs. 4WD, full frame toughness and towing capacity.

Buick's first SUV hits it out of the park!!!

by Buick Woman from Chesapeake, VA on June 20, 2006

Buick's first SUV is a perfect contender for other mid-size SUVs. The 4.2L inline 6 delivers awesome power. The exterior styling is extraordinary. But the interior, it's nothing more than the Trailblazer interior with some fancy plastics. All and all I'm very satisfied. After 2 and 1/2 years, myself, my husband and 17yr old son have racked up over 55,000 miles. Kudos Buick!

Best Suv Ever built

by Bigsimp from Florida on December 6, 2014

I bought my v8 AWD in 2008 with 50,000 miles. I am now putting her to rest. I have 198,000 miles and she is a little tired. Over the last 6 years I used this suv to put a 5000lbs boat, trailers and jet skis. The truck never failed. I can honestly say it was my best car purchase ever.

Uses car for Towing

Buicks first SUV hits it out of the park!!!

by Buick Woman from Suffolk, VA on June 18, 2006

The Buick Rainier is the perfect contender against other mid-size SUVs. The Rendezvous was a good Crossover to hold us over until the real man stepped up. The power in this truck is awesome. 275hp even out of a inline 6 is completely out of this world. A 290hp V8 is also offered but I think the 6 does the job. I think the interior could have been done over. It's basically the Trailblazer with some fancy plastics. All and all I'm very satisfied. I've had the truck for 2 years and between myself, my husband and 17yr old son we've racked up over 45,000 miles. And everyday the truck handles the same as it did the first time off the lot.

1 2