2004 Rainier

4.3

Have you driven the 2004 Buick Rainier?

Good Car

by Buick Fan from Indianapolis, IN on Wed Jun 08 2011

I bought my Rainier used and have had it for four years, it is my best car I have ever had. I have mainly just done regular oil changes, and of course brake changes yearly, I have not had any problems with the engine or transmission, but I need work done for all the gages, my speedomator and gas gage don't work, and I need a fuse for the emision control system replaced, but these have been broken for quite sometime and I have found I can do without them, they would be expensive to fix. It is a gas hog though, but very nice to drive.

LOVE this vehicle!

by Pepski00 from Vernon, CT on Sun Jan 23 2011

I upgraded to this SUV from a Jaguar X-type. The Rainier has all the luxury features my Jag had and much more! I am truly impressed with the quality and comfort of the interior. The power seats are great and give me the height I need to see over the front hood (I'm only 5'2" so this is a problem with most vehicles). My Buick has the upgraded V-8 engine, which is very powerful and fast. Overall, it's been great in the snow. The only downside is that it does not get good gas mileage; but that's to be expected when driving an SUV. I can't say enough great things about the luxury, quality and performance of this vehicle. I would highly recommend!

Great SUV

by fisherman from Chicago Il on Tue Feb 17 2009

I bought mine used.It had very few miles on it.I needed something to carry my 4 kids and wife plus pull my 18 ft. bass boat.This has done the job without any problem. I have put over 100k on it and outside of regular maintenance brakes tires oil changes ect, I have had no issues. It has a V8 that is quite responsive and pulled my boat like it wasn't even behind my SUV.My hat come off to Buick for creating such a wonderful vechicle. Now I know why my dad drove nothing but.

used suv

by tina from Selma, AL on Sun Sep 13 2015

I needed a vehicle fast. went to the car lot and spotted this beauty. Its a 2004 and it had 153000 miles. i drove it from Pensacola, FL to Selma, Al with no problems. The A/c blew cold all the way. All the electric system works, seats work, dvd player and dual radio/CD/tape player works. the Bose speakers gives it a clean sound. Absolutely everything works. This is my first SUV but not my first choice. I am glad i chose the Luxury SUV. Gassing it is expensive but worth it

Rainier

by Seebs from on Thu May 07 2009

Excellent article and believe both the subject and Seeberg were excellent! The Rainier was Buick's first full-frame SUV and with it's strong styling and extensive list of standard and available features, represented the Buick division and segment very well.

Nice SUV!!!!!!

by Dave from Chambersburg, PA on Fri Oct 17 2008

I really like this Buick ! It is very well built ,and don,t be fooled by its nice looks it is tough and the AWD is a good feature and works too,not like other SUV. Good buy for the first time SUV buyer.

by SUV Man from Detroit on Tue Feb 15 2011

The Buick Rainier is the quintessential luxury SUV: Full frame, air suspension, AWD and V-8 power! Love the AWD vs. 4WD, full frame toughness and towing capacity.

Buick's first SUV hits it out of the park!!!

by Buick Woman from Chesapeake, VA on Tue Jun 20 2006

Buick's first SUV is a perfect contender for other mid-size SUVs. The 4.2L inline 6 delivers awesome power. The exterior styling is extraordinary. But the interior, it's nothing more than the Trailblazer interior with some fancy plastics. All and all I'm very satisfied. After 2 and 1/2 years, myself, my husband and 17yr old son have racked up over 55,000 miles. Kudos Buick!

Best Suv Ever built

by Bigsimp from Florida on Sat Dec 06 2014

I bought my v8 AWD in 2008 with 50,000 miles. I am now putting her to rest. I have 198,000 miles and she is a little tired. Over the last 6 years I used this suv to put a 5000lbs boat, trailers and jet skis. The truck never failed. I can honestly say it was my best car purchase ever.

Uses car for Towing

Buicks first SUV hits it out of the park!!!

by Buick Woman from Suffolk, VA on Sun Jun 18 2006

The Buick Rainier is the perfect contender against other mid-size SUVs. The Rendezvous was a good Crossover to hold us over until the real man stepped up. The power in this truck is awesome. 275hp even out of a inline 6 is completely out of this world. A 290hp V8 is also offered but I think the 6 does the job. I think the interior could have been done over. It's basically the Trailblazer with some fancy plastics. All and all I'm very satisfied. I've had the truck for 2 years and between myself, my husband and 17yr old son we've racked up over 45,000 miles. And everyday the truck handles the same as it did the first time off the lot.

1 2

Our Take on the 2004 Buick Rainier

Goodwill Ambassador
2004 Buick Rainier SUV

It was a night of beautiful traffic. The sky was clear, the moon full. The roads were salted, and the drivers on the New Jersey Turnpike were kind.

Maybe it was the cold. The nocturnal scene was frigid, 12 degrees Fahrenheit, according to the Buick Rainier's outside temperature monitor.

Only a committed hothead would raise hell in that kind of deep freeze. Anger needs heat. None was climatically available. This was good.

The Buick Rainier sport-utility vehicle, new for 2004, is a luxury liner. Although it is built body-on-frame in the manner of traditional SUVs and pickup trucks, it is better suited to peaceful cruising than combat. It is a living... Read More