2012 Regal

2012 Buick Regal

Have You Driven the 2012 Buick Regal?

Most expensive I've ever owned.

by Robby from Deltona, Fl on Wed Jun 06 2012

The base engine is adequate for my style. The interior is ninicely designed, the middle back seat is stiff. The exterior mirrors are too high creating left turn visibility problems. At night part of the dashboard reflects in the upper portion of windshield. The exterior design is eye catching. I have 3200 miles on vehicle, so far so good.

American Car Believer Again

by American Driver from New York on Wed Aug 15 2012

I waited 12 years until I gave up my 5 speed manual 6 cylinder VW Passat GLX. I bought a loaded 2012 turbo Buick Regal and it's been a blast to drive. It's beautiful, powerful and gets 31 MPG on the highway which is amazing since it's larger than my old Passat that got 30 MPG and has automatic transmission. People are always asking me what the "hot" car is I'm driving and they can't believe it's a Buick. My only "issue" is there is no trunk release inside the car. You use the key fob instead. Also, the baseplate of the gearshift is a shiny mirror finish which does reflect sunlight up into your eyes and I had the dealer repaint it with a flat black finish paint.

Stylish, Perfect family car

by Z3Power from Exton PA on Sat Oct 06 2012

I was in the market for a family car. Main criteria being style , performane and comfort. Checked out VW (cc), BMW 3,5 series ,Lexus etc. But then I just drove by a buick dealer and said why not check them out(I was anti-Buick until then- thought about the name association with retirees). But I was pleasantly blown away with the styling and comfort. Not to mention the pricing. The Regal turbo Level 3 is absolutely great. Y pay 8-12 grand more for the same from other brands. 19" rims look good, engine is pretty peppy. Massive amounts of Torque, cavernous trunk space, good brakes. The Adaptive sport mode suspension is unheard of at this price point. HID-Lights are noice too, just love the 8 point lumbar supporting seats. also it has also all the regular bells and whistels like Bluetooth, navigation, remote start..etc.... I also own a Z3(manual), but the grip on the 245 19" wheel is exceptional. Buick is definitely onto something here. If you are more concerned about Fuel economy check out the eAssist version. But the Turbo is the way to go if u dont drive extensively in the city.

by Buick Lover from Binghamton, NY on Thu Aug 15 2013

I had a wonderful experience with the Scoville Meno team. Fast, friendly, and efficient teamwork service. Every one pitched in from start to finish making the overall car purchase easy. The car itself is great on gas, loaded with features, and very comfortable. A smooth quiet ride regardless of road.

2012 Regal GS

by Regal GS Driver from Detroit MO on Tue Aug 26 2014

The Regal GS is one of the best cars you've likely never heard about. It's best quality is its exterior styling, with the 20 inch wheel opinion its looks much better than any Audi or BMW. Performance with the 2.0 liter turbo is pretty good especially in the mid range, but the car is somewhat held back by its weight. This killer engine wold be better served in a car 200 lbs lighter. However, you'll have more than enough power to blast through most passing situations. Even at full throttle, the car is quiet, almost too quiet. The car comes stock with summer only tires which won't last long, I recommend you purchase winter tires as backup. The black interior is nice, its filled with high quality materials. However it doesn't really stick out. It is equipped with all the latest technology including Bluetooth, NAV. XM, etc. Overall its a great car, if you're looking for a Sport Sedan with an emphasis on luxury. If you want a Sport Sedan with an emphasis on Sport go with a BMW or Audi.

A Great Rival for the Competition

by Save the Manual from Rowlett, TX on Wed Mar 05 2014

I purchased my new to me 6 speed Buick Regal GS 4,000 miles ago and could not be happier. My weekend driver is a '99 3000GT VR-4 and my old daily driver was a standard commuter that got the job done, but offered nothing else. I started my search for a simple list of requirements. Has to have a manual transmission. Has to have rear AC vents for the kiddo. Has to get similar MPG as my outgoing DD. Has to have rear fold down seats. Has to be comfortable. And at the top of the list; Has to be fun to drive. After a some research and test drives I narrowed my search to the Regal GS and the ATS 2.0 Performance. The Regal GS ended up edging out the ATS 2.0 with its price point. It was not that I couldn't justify the price of the ATS, it was that the GS was just such a great value. The quality of car you receive for the money is astounding. The only reason I rated the performance a 4 instead of a 5 is not the engine. For a four banger, just under 300 bhp is respectable. I only gave a 4 because Buick does not offer the manual with the AWD so I had to settle for the FWD version. This car truly checked every box on my list and does its job of bringing a smile to my face during my daily commute.

I would really rather drive a Buick

by Bonnie/Clyde from Kentucky on Sat Jan 18 2014

Got this new Buick Regal(Turbo) and love it...I traded a Cadi for it. I have had so many compliments on it such as "what is that car? It is simply gorgeous." I had some trouble getting the seat to conform to my comfort level (afterall I was driving a Cadi hard to beat on comfort). I think it is sporty (and I am a sporty Grandma) and the power and takeoff just great, cost me a ticket already lol).if I could be negative on anything it would be there is a slight "pop" in my front wheel somewhere when I turn the wheels sharp either way...not sure what is going on there....the leather is lovely but a little too stiff, makes me think it was a cheaper grade) remember I am comparing this to a Cadi! But it is beauty , I have the diamond white and only option I didn't get was the sunroof. Wish I had that too. It is beautiful car , love my chrome wheels and it has been a head-turner, that makes me proud to drive my Buick!

Very Comfortable Car

by #CarReview from Sacramento, CA on Mon Apr 24 2017

A good gas saver and is very comfortable. Has a big trunk and a lot of leg room. It is good for long trips due to the good MPG.

Best used car evet

by Birdiebelle on Fri Apr 27 2018

This car is great value Value for my money. I enjoy a very quite smooth ride plenty of space in trunk and leg room lots of extras like sun roof

Great car for a college student

by LovedMyBuickRegal! from Franklinton, La on Wed Jul 26 2017

My Buick Regal got me through high school and three years of college as an education major. This car was fun, sporty, and good for a small family. It had close to 100,000 miles when I traded it in and every mile I drove in it was an adventure. It proved a great car by the 50-miles-to-school and 50-miles-home four to five days each week. Great car for a young driver! Loved my Regal!

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2012 Buick Regal

A year into its rebirth, the Buick Regal adds two versions for 2012. The mild-hybrid Regal eAssist is EPA-rated at 36 mpg on the highway, while the Regal GS reincarnates Buick's Gran Sport performance label in a car with 270 horsepower and a manual transmission. I evaluated both, and I've also driven the mainstream, four-cylinder Regal. Compare all these versions and the 220-hp Regal turbo here.

Both new trims should expand the car's draw, but neither one is a slam dunk.

The 2012 Buick Regal GS could be more fun, while the eAssist has drivetrain gremlins that need ironing out. And below-average reliability hurts its case.

This review focuses on the eAssist and the GS. For an overview of the regular Regal... Read More